Found Deceased UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

I'm so glad that this story is still being read and that it continues to reaffirm and reassure the Websleuthers that human compassion, endeavour, and cooperation far outweigh the darker side that many of the threads in these forums reveal. We stay positive when we stay united.

Good to see you, HH, and such true words. Can't believe it's coming up to 4 years since Susan's last chapter began.

Hope everything is ok with you and the dogs? I think of you often, all of you who played such a big part in this. Forever grateful. Cags x

Good to see you, HH, and such true words. Can't believe it's coming up to 4 years since Susan's last chapter began.

Hope everything is ok with you and the dogs? I think of you often, all of you who played such a big part in this. Forever grateful. Cags x
Hello Cags!
Yes Phoebe and Sfala are fine, same as ever, loving their walks though we don't go so far now because I had to give up my drivers license after having a seizure. Just waiting on it being renewed then I will take a trip up to Susan's tree and put a wee memento up there for her. If you're ever up this way give me a shout. I have a second wee home where Lumberjil (Lorna) stayed while she was here and you are welcome to stay there and do some hillwalking....

Hello Cags!
Yes Phoebe and Sfala are fine, same as ever, loving their walks though we don't go so far now because I had to give up my drivers license after having a seizure. Just waiting on it being renewed then I will take a trip up to Susan's tree and put a wee memento up there for her. If you're ever up this way give me a shout. I have a second wee home where Lumberjil (Lorna) stayed while she was here and you are welcome to stay there and do some hillwalking....

Be careful what you wish for, I reckon there's a coach load of Websleuthers who'd take you up on that offer!!

I'm so glad that this story is still being read and that it continues to reaffirm and reassure the Websleuthers that human compassion, endeavour, and cooperation far outweigh the darker side that many of the threads in these forums reveal. We stay positive when we stay united.

Yes, absolutely. I just finished reading this entire thread and case for the first time today,
and I am humbled by all the wonderful efforts and dedication that you and others provided for helping to find Susan.

Through tears which are still flowing down my cheeks, all I can say at this point is a big THANK YOU to you and everyone else that had a part (large or small) in finding her. All your efforts paid off to help Susan's friends and family get the closure they desperately needed, and without it, there would always be wondering for the rest of their lives.
THANK YOU ALL

Another member suggested I read this thread as inspiration for missing people searches. Hope you and your family are doing ok HH, and the same wishes to Susan's loved ones.

Read this whole thread after seeing it linked else where. Like somebody said up thread it was almost like reading a novel.

A terribly sad but also uplifting novel. I hope my friends would search high and low for me like HH and LJ did, if it were ever needed.

Love to you and Susan's family x

Read this whole thread after seeing it linked else where. Like somebody said up thread it was almost like reading a novel.

A terribly sad but also uplifting novel. I hope my friends would search high and low for me like HH and LJ did, if it were ever needed.

Love to you and Susan's family x

Good to know people are still reading Susan’s story, I still think about her and everyone involved.

Last edited:
Goodness, I have just read this thread after being directed here in another MP thread.

I don't know what to say! I have such a mixture of emotions. I knew Susan had passed away (due to the title) but my stomach just dropped and I got a lump in my throat when I read the post that her body had been found.

At the same time it's amazing to see such wonderful people like HH and LJ helping and searching for Susan. HH taking the time and effort to help someone she didn't even know. LJ fighting for her friend. Truly remarkable human beings.

I am glad Susan was found and that her final moments were spent in such a beautiful part of the world.

Thinking of her family and everyone involved in her case. I hope you are managing ok in a life without Susan.

And to Susan, I hope you are at peace now and know how much people cared and loved you. You sounded like a wonderful lady *advertiser censored*

Hippy Hippy and Lorna.. how are y’all? Can’t believe it’s been almost 5 years. I hope you guys are doing well. I re-read this thread every few months and the feelings I get always amaze me. Please check in and let us know y’all are okay.

much love.

This story is still being read. The lessons inside are enduring and amazing.

To Hippy Hippy and Lorna: you are heroes for more people than you can ever know. On so many levels.

To Susan's husband: This has not been easy for you and I hope you are finding solace. Sometimes life is really hard - and we may not know how hard it is for others, even our spouses.

I just finished re-reading the thread for the second time in several years, marveling again at the selflessness and tenacity of @hippy hippy and the loyal love of @Lumberjill for her dear friend Susan, which brought me to tears more than once. Thank you. I really need this right now.

I hope you both and @equivet and his family are doing as well as possible during these challenging times. Your stories and Susan’s continue to touch our lives for the better. I hope knowing this sustains you.

I just finished reading this WS thread from post #1 to #858, having been steered here from a current missing person case I am engaged with on WS. I am completely overwhelmed with both the love and the anguish of Susan McLean's story. I have Scottish heritage and am also a past equestrian from the Boston area and so this story was gripping for me personally. I just want to add my humble words of awe and appreciation for the sleuthing on this case done by WS posters, including on the ground. And having the family and dear friends engaged in the process was very, very special.

@hippy hippy you are a wonderful human being. Making the effort you did for someone you never met and it not being your job, is unique and amazing. Thank you.

@Lumberjill You too are amazing. Traveling to another country to revive a search for your friend and succeeding to find her. We all want a friend like you, but I doubt many of us have one.

@equivet I am so sorry for your family’s loss. It’s late but you will all be in my prayers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back