Deceased/Not Found CO - Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, 21 March 2019 *Guilty*

It is way too quiet for my liking. Can they not at least reassure people they are actively investigating this?

I feel for her mother too. I cannot imagine having a loved one missing day after day and not a word about if anyone is looking into it or for her.

Are there are any news orgs or podcasters still on this regularly? Has Sam had any updates? I have not had a chance to look lately.
Cannot find anything new, anywhere. Perhaps others will be luckier. Sam's last twitter about Jepsy is from April 16, 2019.

ETA Nothing new from Catherine (Silver) either. She was quoted on the 17th. I really wonder, has LE put any kind of gag order on this already?

Last edited:
Cannot find anything new, anywhere. Perhaps others will be luckier. Sam's last twitter about Jepsy is from April 16, 2019.

ETA Nothing new from Catherine (Silver) either. She was quoted on the 17th. I really wonder, has LE put any kind of gag order on this already?

I wonder as well. Three weeks of silence... Jepsy missing, there seem to be no searches nor info.

I think we're all wondering the same thing. Why is there absolutely nothing about Jepsy?
Is LE still searching? Investigating?

I think that is exactly what many of us are wondering and not quite stating. Even when there is an investigation to protect one generally hears and knows of searches. I admit though silence always makes me wonder both to the negative (nothing being done) and to the positive of believing they have something and evidence we are unaware of. Yet how does one trust that in each and every case in various locales... I struggle with it admittedly.

Just word sometimes that it is still being actively investigated is worthwhile I think sometimes.

Jmo.

Just checking in. No news it looks like. Hopefully her mother knows more because I would be at wit's end in the same position if a family member.

Of course my hope and prayers continue.

She may not be a visa holder or a permanent resident of the US. We don't know her status for remaining in the US. If she came over as a tourist and then marries this guy she has to wait to apply to become a citizen. You can't apply for citizenship until three years from the date you became a permanent resident, and you have to remain married to the citizen. If Jepsy was indeed divorced from this guy with an expired tourist visa, and her husband tells authorities she left to return to her native country, they may not be actively looking for her, I'm afraid.

She may not be a visa holder or a permanent resident of the US. We don't know her status for remaining in the US. If she came over as a tourist and then marries this guy she has to wait to apply to become a citizen. You can't apply for citizenship until three years from the date you became a permanent resident, and you have to remain married to the citizen. If Jepsy was indeed divorced from this guy with an expired tourist visa, and her husband tells authorities she left to return to her native country, they may not be actively looking for her, I'm afraid.
Regardless, people just don't fall of the face of the earth. If she didn't drive away she would have likely booked a flight. Maybe someone picked her up and took her somewhere. Who were her local contacts, either friends or coworkers. I'm sure investigators have authority to question airlines regarding any flight she may have been on. A simple name search would answer whether or not she left the area by plane. I just hope LE are not letting this die and that someone is actively pursuing what happened to her. Her cell data records should provide some clue as to where she went or didn't go. So sad for her mother. I hope there is someone who cared for her enough in the U.S. to put pressure on to get to the bottom of her disappearance.
ed:gr

Regardless, people just don't fall of the face of the earth. If she didn't drive away she would have likely booked a flight. Maybe someone picked her up and took her somewhere. Who were her local contacts, either friends or coworkers. I'm sure investigators have authority to question airlines regarding any flight she may have been on. A simple name search would answer whether or not she left the area by plane. I just hope LE are not letting this die and that someone is actively pursuing what happened to her. Her cell data records should provide some clue as to where she went or didn't go. So sad for her mother. I hope there is someone who cared for her enough in the U.S. to put pressure on to get to the bottom of her disappearance.
ed:gr

I think it has been said they were not divorced although I cannot confirm that or may be mixing up my cases. I thought I even read that she was a citizen. Right on here, it is the only place I have followed the case, whether it was a link or a comment, I do not recall.

Regardless, I agree with you that she should be looked for as any missing person and/or suspected foul play or even possible foul play should be.

I think it has been said they were not divorced although I cannot confirm that or may be mixing up my cases. I thought I even read that she was a citizen. Right on here, it is the only place I have followed the case, whether it was a link or a comment, I do not recall.

Regardless, I agree with you that she should be looked for as any missing person and/or suspected foul play or even possible foul play should be.

ITA! And hopefully LE is looking!

Jepsy was not divorced from DK, she was separated.

Jepsy was active on social media and after her disappearance her SM went cold.

After Jepsy went missing, DK abruptly left CO and went to stay with his dad in San Diego.

He's done nothing to help look for her and has kept suspiciously quiet.

No updates from LE or anyone else that I can find. I don't know if JK's mother got her visa in Hong Kong to come to the US yet, last time we heard anything she was waiting for the State Dept. to grant her a travel visa.

Seems like this case has gone cold even though indicators point to something fishy.

moo

Bumping this missing daughter. May LE, and her mom, find answers.

Just checking in. I sure hope this is a very active investigation behind the scenes because it looks just the opposite, but that is where we are usually left, as are the victims' families quite often, not knowing for sure? It would be nice to hear at least that it is actively being investigated.

As said above, Jepsy's mom was trying to get help and reach out and come here, trying to find out what happened to her daughter, and I have not heard about anything more with regard to that either.

I love that you still have Serenity's ribbon. All of these victims, and particularly the ones who seem to not get the attention deserved, get in my heart. Serenity now has quite a bit of attention but it did not start out that way. All children get to me but Serenity, even though I did not know her, has gotten pretty deep into my heart.

Jepsy, an adult, seems that way to me here. Where is the news and attention to this case? I realize sadly there are so many cases that it happens with no news or attention but have to hope it is still being pursued.

His behavior without a doubt is suspicious.

Just trying to do my part to keep the interest alive here in the so far 8 mere pages. Serenity's was like that in the beginning for quite some time.

Just jumping off of your post :)

And giving Jepsy a bump and a prayer.

I find it odd that no news outlets are following up on this case. It should be a news story, at least in Colorado.
A woman doesn't just vanish into thin air, stop all activity on social media and not contact family and friends.

Everything about this disappearance is suspicious. I hope the obvious suspect doesn't get away with murder because her body hasn't been found and he was sneaky enough to cover his tracks.

I wish LE would at least provide some small update to advise if they're still working the case. I wonder if they've polygraphed her spouse who never bothered filing a missing person's report or looked for her, and went off to San Diego to stay with family soon after she vanished?

Cell phone pings, credit card activity, did she have her own vehicle and where is it etc. They've probably flagged her passport to determine she's still in the country or they would have advised she'd left the US. If she'd flown to Chicago to "be with some guy" as her husband claimed, TSA would have that record as she'd need a driver's license or ID/permanent residence card to get on the flight.

Once the snow has cleared, hikers or dog walkers may come across a body that is id'd as JK.

I hope the obvious suspect doesn't get away with murder.

Let's all keep this thread active for as long as possible and if enough people who care contact reporters/news outlets, it may lead to something.

moo

I find it odd that no news outlets are following up on this case. It should be a news story, at least in Colorado.
A woman doesn't just vanish into thin air, stop all activity on social media and not contact family and friends.

Everything about this disappearance is suspicious. I hope the obvious suspect doesn't get away with murder because her body hasn't been found and he was sneaky enough to cover his tracks.

I wish LE would at least provide some small update to advise if they're still working the case. I wonder if they've polygraphed her spouse who never bothered filing a missing person's report or looked for her, and went off to San Diego to stay with family soon after she vanished?

Cell phone pings, credit card activity, did she have her own vehicle and where is it etc. They've probably flagged her passport to determine she's still in the country or they would have advised she'd left the US. If she'd flown to Chicago to "be with some guy" as her husband claimed, TSA would have that record as she'd need a driver's license or ID/permanent residence card to get on the flight.

Once the snow has cleared, hikers or dog walkers may come across a body that is id'd as JK.

I hope the obvious suspect doesn't get away with murder.

Let's all keep this thread active for as long as possible and if enough people who care contact reporters/news outlets, it may lead to something.

moo
If she went to Chicago TSA wouldn't have that info. TSA can get information from Secure Flight, a TSA office near Annapolis where agents process the name, date of birth and gender of every person who buys a plane ticket. Part of the office’s duties is to tell airlines whether any passengers are on any terrorist watch lists. The employees at Secure Flight can also log into a commercial database — the same one that credit card companies use — to find a thorough profile of almost any adult’s previous addresses and other information. BUT if you go to the Secure Flight Info Page it states it is only for INTERNATIONAL Travel. https://www.flyporter.com/en/travel-information/travel-documents/tsa-secure-flight-program On Domestic flights TSA just verifies the person on the ID is you and on you go. They don't record that. LE could get airline records but they have to get a subpoena for that and it could involve hundreds of flights.

I think it's extremely odd, too, that there's nothing to be found about Jepsy. No updates. Nothing. I wonder if her mother ever made it to the US. In the beginning, I think she was posting somewhere, maybe FB? Does anybody know if she ever posts anymore about Jepsy?

Community members held a prayer vigil Sunday night to show their support for a missing Colorado Springs woman.

No one has heard from Jepsy Amaga Kallungi since March 20. Kallungi's mother lives thousands of miles away in Hong Kong and told 11 News she usually speaks to her daughter three times a week over Facebook messenger. To go more than two months is unheard of.

Community holds vigil for missing Springs woman

Community members held a prayer vigil Sunday night to show their support for a missing Colorado Springs woman.

No one has heard from Jepsy Amaga Kallungi since March 20. Kallungi's mother lives thousands of miles away in Hong Kong and told 11 News she usually speaks to her daughter three times a week over Facebook messenger. To go more than two months is unheard of.

Community holds vigil for missing Springs woman
Thank you so much for posting this! It's been so quiet and it is reassuring to know people are still thinking of Jepsy. The fact that there is no "news" or call from LE for "tips" leads me to wonder if they are not quietly working behind the scene and have a "suspect" as it doesn't appear they're looking for anyone. Surely they have analysed SM data and cell data from the time she went missing and her husband suddenly up and moved to CA. I hope there will be justice for Jespsy. I feel so badly for her mother, family and friends :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back