Still Missing IL - Cory Rhinehart, 28, called 911, blood found, Zion, Lake County, 15 Mar 2019 *ARREST*

A body pulled from a retention pond Monday in north suburban Zion has been identified.
The remains were identified by the Lake County Coroner's Office as Aaron Ramos, 25, of Zion.

Relatives of the deceased have been notified. The death investigation continues.

Body recovered from Zion pond identified

Had Aaron Ramos been reported missing? I didn’t see any news reports about his disappearance. Pure speculation here on my part, and I hate to think it—but could it be possible Aaron is the person whose apt Cory’s phone was traced to??

Body recovered from Zion pond identified

Had Aaron Ramos been reported missing? I didn’t see any news reports about his disappearance. Pure speculation here on my part, and I hate to think it—but could it be possible Aaron is the person whose apt Cory’s phone was traced to??
He hadn't been reported missing, but that's not unusual in Chicago. The young, the endangered are usually in the news, but not so much adult men. Since the medical examiner stated they wouldn't have a cause of death until toxicology is back there was unlikely violence inflicted on the body. So if he was the apartment tenant, the blood found would not be his. I think it's a longshot they are connected, though I like how you think. I think the body would have been spotted earlier if it was connected to the disappearance. Man's body found in pond in Zion

Arrest for murder made in Cory's case:

A man in Zion is accused of murdering a veteran who was reported missing in the north suburbs.

Vincent C. Bevly, 57, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the death of Cory Rhinehart, who went missing March 18, Zion police said in a statement. ...

Man charged with murder of missing veteran from Zion

Still no information though. Why is this case so hush, hush? I am glad they are moving on it. I’m guessing we can assume they determined the blood belonged to Corey.

I wonder if there are more people involved and they’re keeping it mum until they can apprehend everyone OR they’ve got someone cooperating who knows where his body is and don’t want to spook anyone.

Moo of course.

It's a huge county. Where the remains were found is quite a few miles from where Cory's apartment was. There would be a lot of areas of woods etc, much closer to move a body too. But anything is possible. Murderers quite often aren't rational. Thanks for the link! I live in Chicago and had not seen this news.

So little explained... Whose apartment? Connection to CR?
*Illegal substances? DL love interest? Ex's dad/new guy? Army buddy?*

Bodies and blood do all sorts of strange things. I've cut myself in the workshop and had substantially more blood drip/splatter/transfer than many homicide scenes I'd been to. With such a vague description, it was not a certainty.

It's a huge county. Where the remains were found is quite a few miles from where Cory's apartment was. There would be a lot of areas of woods etc, much closer to move a body too. But anything is possible. Murderers quite often aren't rational. Thanks for the link! I live in Chicago and had not seen this news.

I am unfamiliar with this case. I also don’t have any background knowledge of the area. I just wanted to post the link for those who are following due to it being the same county.:):)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back