Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I agree with this, having a puppy or another animal could get a potential victim's attention.
I'm afraid I started this animal business because I wasn't very clear with my comment.

I don't think BG had an animal with him on the trail. I only meant that should a pet dog hair shed off a perp's clothing, and is found at a crime scene, the DNA can be later compared to perp's pet.

All the things you listed, clearly aren’t pointing them towards a specific person.

It’s hard to solve a case when the perpetrator isn’t known to the victims.

That “one tip,” is something that identifies a suspect.

“My neighbor Bob looks just like the sketch, and he began acting strangely when you held that press conference.”

Something like that.

OK, I have to say it.

Where else, in what other crime, the victims were so smart that they’d basically leave the description, and the voice, and the photo of their murderer? And, as some said, maybe even DNA under the nails?

So the girls did what they could...Children, essentially. 13 and 14.

Adults, LEs, now openly admit that yes, they might have interrogated the perp/perv, that they might have believed his story or bogus alibi, that they were offering a totally different sketch for public view, that they had the DNA for two years. And that they are still waiting for that tip.

Now, I understand, that in my state, Ted Bundy was operating, uncaught, for four years, and Gary Ridgeway, for almost 20. While in hindsight, reading through the cases, I think, “what they (LEs) were thinking of?”, i understand, it is difficult to catch a criminal, even a serial killer, even more difficult to indict him, and conviction requires airtight case. It is only recently that I see suspects arrested without bodies of their victims being found. (Good!).

But it will be so sad if everything that the girls have done remains in vain. LE had way more here than in other cases.

I keep thinking how LE said none of the you tube flows are right and what else could it be.

A thought of mine is that Abby was scared crossing the bridge and did not want to recross it and he offered to show them another way. It would explain guys down the hill as well as how he was able to get them down and across. They went willingly as they thought he was showing them another way back to the parking area.

I have looked at pics and videos and just think it looks hard to get there and you need to concentrate on that rather than trying to rush and silence 2 others. I would think that a path would had been obvious as they skidded down the hill if they were being rushed, pushed or dragged. If there had been a trace that they headed that way the search would have gone that way quickly. So he had to not only got them there quickly and quietly but also without any slips or skids. I have a hard time believing that the girls would not have tried to make a mark if they felt in danger. Especially since Libby is said to have smartly recorded him and fought.

OK, I have to say it.

Where else, in what other crime, the victims were so smart that they’d basically leave the description, and the voice, and the photo of their murderer? And, as some said, maybe even DNA under the nails?

So the girls did what they could...Children, essentially. 13 and 14.

Adults, LEs, now openly admit that yes, they might have interrogated the perp/perv, that they might have believed his story or bogus alibi, that they were offering a totally different sketch for public view, that they had the DNA for two years. And that they are still waiting for that tip.

Now, I understand, that in my state, Ted Bundy was operating, uncaught, for four years, and Gary Ridgeway, for almost 20. While in hindsight, reading through the cases, I think, “what they (LEs) were thinking of?”, i understand, it is difficult to catch a criminal, even a serial killer, even more difficult to indict him, and conviction requires airtight case. It is only recently that I see suspects arrested without bodies of their victims being found. (Good!).

But it will be so sad if everything that the girls have done remains in vain. LE had way more here than in other cases.
Yeah, but serial killers eventually get caught, as they inevitably make a huge mistake.

This guy made several, but not enough to nail him. Not yet anyways.

The girls did everything in their power to help identify this guy, but it’s all for naught if the public is unable to point out who it is.

This case shouldn’t be hard to solve, but if no one can recognize this guy, then no one can recognize him.

It’s baffling, but that’s not the fault of LE.

Look at Jake Patterson in the Jayme Closs case.

He was brazen. He was bold. He was stupid. But ultimately, he was lucky.

Had Jayme not escaped, this guy would not have been caught until he reoffended.

That’s how it goes sometimes.

From former Kokomo Chief of Police Lynn Rudolph:

That’s what they’re looking for,” he said. “They’re looking for tips and places to go, and when I say that, I mean the right direction. It’s all about direction. They’re trying to solve the case is what they’re trying to do. And they’re looking for any and all the help they can get. This gives people the ability to see a better view of that face. Anything like that is going to spur a memory that may lead them [police] in the right direction.”

Former police chief weighs in on new Delphi sketch

All in all, from this quote, Rudolph could be thinking the release of the new sketch is an attempt for someone to come forward with a “direction” to go. I know the tip line is recently asking for specific details, but if the investigators ask for a general direction to the killer, that might be something easier to do for someone afraid to come forth with specific information that could be tied back to them.

It is likely someone capable of this type of crime would be a hard person to know personally, so I hope there is a better way for anyone suspicious to gain the strength to come forward.

Yeah, but serial killers eventually get caught, as they inevitably make a huge mistake.

The girls did everything in their power to help identify this guy, but it’s all for naught if the public is unable to point out who it is.

This case shouldn’t be hard to solve, but if no one can recognize this guy, then no one can recognize him.

Yep its so easy for the public to point fingers when they don't know the evidence that was left at the crime scene.

We have a grainy video and audio, while chilling unless someone recognizes it theres only so much LE can do

Investigators follow evidence, they just can't randomly point fingers at anybody

When cases go unsolved its normally because of lack of direct evidence, not because of incompetence or lack of motivation

It always amazes me when people act like LE isn't totally invested in bringing a perp to justice

They cannot just arrest someone on a whim

With so many agencies invested in this case it always amazes me when people think they know more than investigators

We don't know **** IMO

Yep its so easy for the public to point fingers when they don't know the evidence that was left at the crime scene.

We have a grainy video and audio, while chilling unless someone recognizes it theres only so much LE can do

Investigators follow evidence, they just can't randomly point fingers at anybody

When cases go unsolved its normally because of lack of direct evidence, not because of incompetence or lack of motivation

It always amazes me when people act like LE isn't totally invested in bringing a perp to justice

With so many agencies invested in this case it always amazes me when people think they know more than investigators

We don't know **** IMO
Great post.
I will say, you might just be surprised with some of the incredible contributions WSers have made with material tips in horrific crime cases, and helping solve Doe cases. CarlK is our resident forensic artist, and the word astounding is a fitting description for his work. Roselvr is amazing at research, we have some incredible SAR trackers, Gitana1 is our resident legal expert, and the list goes on and on. We all have our own gifts to offer up, and sometimes the results are amazing. : )
So yes, I am a fervent supporter of LE, *and* I never underestimate the power of a team of laser focused Websleuthers. ❤️

Amateur opinion and speculation

Great post.
I will say, you might just be surprised with some of the incredible contributions WSers have made with material tips in horrific crime cases, and helping solve Doe cases. CarlK is our resident forensic artist, and the word astounding is a fitting description for his work. Roselvr is amazing at research, we have some incredible SAR trackers, Gitana1 is our resident legal expert, and the list goes on and on. We all have our own gifts to offer up, and sometimes the results are amazing. : )
So yes, I am a fervent supporter of LE, *and* I never underestimate the power of a team of laser focused Websleuthers. ❤️

Amateur opinion and speculation

Agreed, I'm sure there are many things that have been mentioned here that LE has never even thought to consider in this case alone

The list is too long to type

I agree with this 100% and made a similar comment a few days ago.

I believe that the person transcribing (thank you very much for all of your efforts, @crhedBngr ) inserted the word 'sketches' in brackets as part of his/her interpretation.

Snipped and bolded by me. My quoting is acting up....

"Interviewer: The sketch, and to be clear, and you did clarify this after, in case folks didn't hear it, you don't want them to look at both
sketches anymore. You only want them to look at the newly-release sketch, correct?

DC: That's correct, but remember, the sketch is not a photograph. It's something similar to a resemblance. And the likelihood of this being
something between the two (sketches), is probably pretty strong.
But again, that's a subjective opinion, based on what I believe."

JMO

To Everyone who has thanked me for transcribing the DC interview, you are quite welcome.

I was absolutely positive that DC was comparing the two sketches with each other, NOT the sketch with a photograph. This was an assumption on my part.

I'll go back and listen to the interview at that point. I could be wrong.

On the new audio released during Press Conference, 2019: I know people have said they hear interference, air sounds, sounds made by Libby's phone inside her pocket, shuffling sound of leaves, etc. I hear 4 separate musical notes being sung such as by a chorus of men. Please listen to the recording below again before you say I'm imagining this.

Between "guys" and "down the hill" there seems to be 4 musical notes and I think it's from a cell phone's ring tone song.

I believe LE left that piece of a song in there purposely (or purposely spiced it in there) because friends, family or acquaintances of BG might recognize it. I'm thinking it was BG's phone and not Libby's phone. If it were Libby's phone, BG would have taken her phone from her, imo... and there would never have been a "BG video on the bridge" or an audio recording of his voice. He would have destroyed Libby's phone, imo. If it was BG's phone, he probably would have reached into his pocket and shut it off.
Jmo.

The recording is taken from Youtube, conference news site... but, when listened on any MSM news site, the 4 musical tones are there; sounding exactly the same.

Last edited:

You know, I don’t know much about JP because as always, they don’t post the profile/diagnosis after the perp is caught, leaving us to guess what it/he is. But I wonder if he abducted her not just as a sexual victim, but as a...girlfriend? That he was so darn immature, the idiot, that he viewed a 13-year old as a girlfriend because he stayed at 13 in his mind? So JC was viewed not only as an object, not even only as a partner, but someone who would play computer games with him at daytime?

So while I am positive there are some similar traits in the profiles of JP and BG, in a certain way, JC case was not typical. JP did kill two people, too, and is darn dangerous, but I bet his EQ is simply in the zeroes. I can’t think of anyone less mature than him, maybe some school shooters.

And of course, LE were lucky with him.

O.K I have a confession. I am ts51 and I posted about the baby goat first. I still see today, after 2 yrs.
Right smack in the middle of his jacket with it's bottom on the right side. At the time I even google delphi goat farms, petting zoos, etc. just in case ;) I know it is not a goat but like I said then, once you see something it's nearly impossible not to see it. That said..I love the baby goat jokes...sometimes their needed. :D Edited to add, at the time, there was a farm outside of town that did indeed have baby goats. With pictures!! :):)

We don't know **** IMO

Yeah, I totally agree with you.

I'm under no illusion that we're going to "solve" this crime. We aren't. (In fact, I think some of the social media groups who are devoted to "sleuthing" this case might even be causing it some harm.) Some cases can benefit from stranger talk, but I don't think this is one of them. It's not a matter of the members here not being skilled, because many are, it's just a matter of what kinds of information we have to work with (not much). I do enjoy talking about the case though, and I think keeping attention on it is probably one of the most helpful things we can do.

I realize LE likely announced DNA after confirming it was human, but this is still interesting...

DNA Cited in Westerfield Trial
After obtaining a Labradoodle puppy that I can't bring myself to have her hair cut, I've thought about dog hairs that travel to crime scenes. I would think this would be quite common.

For those interested in when the goat was first spotted, a search of the image thread showed it was mentioned 9 times between 2nd and 9th May 2017. Here's a link to the first post mentioning it in that specific thread.

Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

The only thing not said about BG is that he is a woman, lol.

I hope (when) he is arrested, we’d have the chance to compare the person with the images.

O.K I have a confession. I am ts51 and I posted about the baby goat first. I still see today, after 2 yrs.
Right smack in the middle of his jacket with it's bottom on the right side. At the time I even google delphi goat farms, petting zoos, etc. just in case ;) I know it is not a goat but like I said then, once you see something it's nearly impossible not to see it. That said..I love the baby goat jokes...sometimes their needed. :D Edited to add, at the time, there was a farm outside of town that did indeed have baby goats. With pictures!! :):)

BAA :p:D

Thanks for being a good sport about it. ;)

Truly, I think we all see aspects of this case uniquely. It's why we're here!

Dear Jax49,

I remain very hopeful, as well.

Each time there is a new L.E. interview, this increases the chances of solving this case.

There is a possibility that where the perp lives now (if he moved), the exposure of the new sketch and interview on the news programs may lead (or have already led) to the identification of the perp.

I believe in this investigative team and with all of the F.B.I. tools they have at their disposal, in addition to the tips, there may likely be an arrest very soon.

I agree. I started following this case after following WS for the local Missy Bevers case in my area. LE and the news are very vocal in this case, whereas the other has hardly had anything in 3 years.

There’s a reason this has stayed public IMO, and I think an arrest is coming sooner rather than later. JMO

It is probably less unreasonable than our earlier ideas about him. Because if he planned to abduct them in any way, or take them somewhere, and was stopped, even by a policeman, a baby goat would be a darn good alibi. Like a puppy or a kitten. It is true that they’d follow him willingly for a baby goat. Only, goats bleat, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni