Found Deceased CA - Satwant Singh Brians of Fowler, 59, I-5 near Los Banos, 15 May 2019

Cagle

Reaction score
A man who is diabetic and may be in need of medication has mysteriously vanished, the Fresno County Sheriff's Office says.

Around 5:00 a.m. on May 15, officers with the California Highway Patrol got a call about a big rig truck pulling a refrigeration trailer idle on Interstate 5 near Los Banos.

CHP officers found the engine to the big rig was still running and the doors were unlocked, but the driver was nowhere to be found.

Officers checked the area but could not find the driver, 54-year-old Satwant Singh Brians of Fowler.

Officers then contacted Bains' family and told them of the situation.

Bain's family then filed a missing persons report in Fresno County.

The Fresno County Sheriff's Office says Bains was reportedly hauling a load to Fairfield.

Family members say it is out of character for Bains to vanish without telling anyone.

The Merced County Sheriff's Office and a CHP helicopter searched the area for Bains, but there was no sign of Bains in the area.

Bains is described to be 5'8'' tall with brown eyes and black hair. He has a mustache and a goatee and a small tattoo of a cross on the back of his right hand.

Bains is a diabetic and may be in need of medication.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Fresno County Sheriff’s Office at (559) 600-3111. You may also call Detective Jeff Kertson at (559) 600-8144 or Valley Crime Stoppers at (559) 498-7867. Please reference case # 19-6289.

Fresno County man mysteriously vanishes, deputies say
f17bace0-82ad-4fc4-bcd6-8bfbe12390f0-large16x9_drrgsgds.jpg

I dont understand these cases where the vehicle is left running. It makes me think abduction but they rarely, if ever, turn out that way. I hope Satwant is safe. I dont know what his last name is since its referred to as both Brians and Bains in the article.

This sounds like he was having a diabetic episode, hypoglycemia. My brother had one when his blood sugar got so low. He was driving too. They act and appear to be drunk. They are often mistaken to be drunk drivers by police, as their breath gets a fruity smell to it. Their actions make no sense at all. I hope he didn't run off somewhere and collapse from something like this. They tried to arrest my BIL for dui, but finally figured out after all of the tests that something was wrong.

This sounds like he was having a diabetic episode, hypoglycemia. My brother had one when his blood sugar got so low. He was driving too. They act and appear to be drunk. They are often mistaken to be drunk drivers by police, as their breath gets a fruity smell to it. Their actions make no sense at all. I hope he didn't run off somewhere and collapse from something like this. They tried to arrest my BIL for dui, but finally figured out after all of the tests that something was wrong.

My husband had a low blood sugar episode where he did donuts in his truck in someone's front yard. Police came, pulled him from the vehicle, he was combative, and he got pepper sprayed & cuffed. He had no idea what was going on when it happened, so

So scary. A diabetic episode makes the person unaware of anything going on around him. It’s like they are in another world. Yes, one would think you are talking to a drunk!

If you ever run across this situation, pause a second, use some rational thinking, where is this happening, what was this person just doing, etc. The realization will come to you quickly. Your at work, he’s been driving a car, he’s been mowing the grass, etc. Get them a glass of orange juice, something sweet to eat immediately. They will tell you they don’t want it. Insist, it is life threatening to get it in them!

Authorities have sent the body to the coroner's office for an autopsy and identification.

Detective say they cannot confirm whether the man is 56-year-old Satwant Bains, a Fowler truck driver who went missing Wednesday morning near Santa Nella in Merced County on Interstate 5

Deputies: Body found in Delta-Mendota canal

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back