Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not doing anything at all. It's the 4 sounds between "guys" and "down the hill." I know how sounds, especially imo, can be heard entirely differently by different people. I can't imagine that you can't hear the music and you probably can't imagine that I can. I hear no horrible, screeching, fumbling sounds at all.... I hear a little bit of crackling of interference but it doesn't block out the 4 notes to a song I hear; not at all, probably because I'm not concentrating on anything but the 4 notes and so, everything else gets blocked out (for me.)

BBM

4 pages behind; just a stray thought, and I have plenty of 'em.

Can you find a push-button, land line phone, and poke numbers until you figure out the sequence of notes that you hear?

From that information, surely someone here can take that to their own located landline or piano or midi keyboard (there is likely an app for post-modern folk) and Name That Tune?

Of share the sequence of notes with us, so we can all poke at piano keys until someone recognizes the tune or matches a ringtone on their phone?

JMHO YMMV

My understanding of the case you’re referring to, it involved a perp who was not a local person. He travelled to the location where he committed murder and it was by the route he took that LE was able to determine where he originated from?

But to the most recent theory here, that the murderer had a direct connection to Delphi during the time the murders occurs, lived or worked there, then I think his cellphone pinging in and around Delphi wouldn’t raise any suspicion because he had reason to be there, just the same as all the other residents and employees within the town.

A-ha! This sounds good at first glance, but (as one who lived and worked not far away -- over in Lafayette, where ***many*** of my co-workers had cell phones with area codes that were *not* typical to the Lafayette area), I'm thinking that it's possible (note: not necessarily probable, but possible) that the suspect had a non-local cell phone number. MOO. If indeed (big "if", of course) that were true, then when they check pings/pinging, it likely would not be part of the big wireless "clump" (so to speak) of, say, "all local Delphi numbers". Just a theory.

n.b. Just because the suspect had "a direct connection to Delphi during the time...", I'm still thinking that he likely (MOO) commuted to/from Delphi, so still not exactly 100% "local" (but imo he did grow up there, since noo casual visitor just hops up on the High Bridge [with no railings, at least at the time of the A/L case] and zips along on those old rails...). Local enough to know the park and the High Bridge, and which neighbors were in town at that time of the year, etc.

I’ve listened on the loop and can hear no music or girls talking

Had to switch it off it’s driving me crazy

To me he sounds authoritative, used to kids and there’s a familiarity I can’t put my finger on, almost like he knows they know him. And he sounds fairly young to me. 30’s/20’s

Just my thoughts. Wonder if LE have a bit more audio they aren’t releasing

I Really think they knew him

@Rosegold68: Based on what LE have said, they *definitely* have a lot more audio... But out of respect for the families, they have chosen not to release it. In these last 2 years and 3 months+, reading here on WS, my impression is that very shortly after the "DTH" statement, a brutal criminal act occurred. Of course there had to be sounds that went with that criminal act. As a super "aural" person myself, I would not *want* to hear what follows the "DTH" (it would play over and over in my head, whether I were awake or asleep). JMOO.

p. s. I concur with you -- and again, imo -- that the suspect is quite young. And I also think that he knew A and/or L (and will not again state *how* I believe that he knew them). I do believe that it's just a matter of time before he's caught (contrary to what he himself thinks. He's an arrogant young man, and believes himself to be invincible; thinks he's covered all his tracks). He's sure that his family/inner circle would never report him. Super-"Oops" on his part. Justice *will* be served.

@Rosegold68:

p. s. I concur with you -- and again, imo -- that the suspect is quite young. And I also think that he knew A and/or L Justice *will* be served.

BBM

Jayme Closs' kidnapper noticed her at a school bus stop by chance.

Me, too. We've seen pictures of Libby in her softball uniform with her surname on her back. Doesn't take much to see who claps when she comes up to bat -- and what first name she's called. We're skilled at Googling for information, why couldn't this perp be as well?

"Knew A and/or L" does not mean that either young lady or any family member "knew" Bridge/Sketch Guy.

(Parents of my son's club soccer team decided early on to only have numbers on jerseys.)

RIP, ladies, peace & comfort to your families!

@Rosegold68: Based on what LE have said, they *definitely* have a lot more audio... But out of respect for the families, they have chosen not to release it. In these last 2 years and 3 months+, reading here on WS, my impression is that very shortly after the "DTH" statement, a brutal criminal act occurred. Of course there had to be sounds that went with that criminal act. As a super "aural" person myself, I would not *want* to hear what follows the "DTH" (it would play over and over in my head, whether I were awake or asleep). JMOO.

p. s. I concur with you -- and again, imo -- that the suspect is quite young. And I also think that he knew A and/or L (and will not again state *how* I believe that he knew them). I do believe that it's just a matter of time before he's caught (contrary to what he himself thinks. He's an arrogant young man, and believes himself to be invincible; thinks he's covered all his tracks). He's sure that his family/inner circle would never report him. Super-"Oops" on his part. Justice *will* be served.
I agree with you especially the ps paragraph. I’m leaning crime of passion. Still open minded, but the more I read/watch the more I lean that way.

Last edited:
To me he sounds authoritative, used to kids and there’s a familiarity I can’t put my finger on, almost like he knows they know him. And he sounds fairly young to me. 30’s/20’s....I Really think they knew him
Respectfully snipped for focus.
I agree with your post 100%. As I associate the voice with the newer sketch and listen to it over and over, it brings forth the following speculations for me.

"Guys". Immediately after the lengthier sound sample was released, and the word *guys* was added to it, I thought *familiar/familiarity*. I know many of you have offered up your own personal experiences with hearing, or using the term *guys*. However, staying laser focused on this particular use case, and attempting to remove the lens of our own personal experiences, it sounds to me like he is addressing these girls with not only authority, but *familiarity*. Albeit, these girls might not know him by name, but perhaps to some degree by sight. We don't know if there is any reference by the girls to recognizing him at all. We only have the brief sound sample to go by.

Expanding on this speculation, where might these girls know this Perp from, and why would they respond compliantly to his directive? We know that girls in particular, are socialized to be obedient, polite, and demure around adults. In addition, we have the added layer of responding to authority, regardless of age. The girls were walking where they weren't supposed to, and the Perp might have positioned himself as a Park Authority of some sort; bridge police. And of course, he could have had a weapon pointed at them to gain immediate compliance.

Yet, I think the "guys" is really important here. It's something a teacher / coach / referee would say to a group of kids. When I think of these two girls and who would have access to them, I keep going back to their sporting activities. The Perp could be a volunteer who supports the school's sporting activities, a part-time coaches assistant, a parent, or even someone like this from an opposing team they play against.

The Perp seemingly knew the girls were going hiking on the bridge, and tracked them on a *day off from school*. Either he had a day off from school too (either as a student or employee), or he took a sick day. I think it's the former; I speculate he is attached to the school system in some manner.

I strongly speculate the hike on the bridge that day was purposeful and prearranged. Others knew that girls were going to be there. One of them must have blasted that out on social media, and the Perp jumped in to action.

So, in summary, if forced to narrow in on my best speculation of who this Perp is, I'd say it's someone 16-19 years old, had the day off from school, and perhaps is a part time assistant coach or camp counselor type.

As usual, this is all amateur opinion and speculation *guys*.

Respectfully snipped for focus.
I agree with your post 100%. As I associate the voice with the newer sketch and listen to it over and over, it brings forth the following speculations for me.

"Guys". Immediately after the lengthier sound sample was released, and the word *guys* was added to it, I thought *familiar/familiarity*. I know many of you have offered up your own personal experiences with hearing, or using the term *guys*. However, staying laser focused on this particular use case, and attempting to remove the lens of our own personal experiences, it sounds to me like he is addressing these girls with not only authority, but *familiarity*. Albeit, these girls might not know him by name, but perhaps to some degree by sight. We don't know if there is any reference by the girls to recognizing him at all. We only have the brief sound sample to go by.

Expanding on this speculation, where might these girls know this Perp from, and why would they respond compliantly to his directive? We know that girls in particular, are socialized to be obedient, polite, and demure around adults. In addition, we have the added layer of responding to authority, regardless of age. The girls were walking where they weren't supposed to, and the Perp might have positioned himself as a Park Authority of some sort; bridge police. And of course, he could have had a weapon pointed at them to gain immediate compliance.

Yet, I think the "guys" is really important here. It's something a teacher / coach / referee would say to a group of kids. When I think of these two girls and who would have access to them, I keep going back to their sporting activities. The Perp could be a volunteer who supports the school's sporting activities, a part-time coaches assistant, a parent, or even someone like this from an opposing team they play against.

The Perp seemingly knew the girls were going hiking on the bridge, and tracked them on a *day off from school*. Either he had a day off from school too (either as a student or employee), or he took a sick day. I think it's the former; I speculate he is attached to the school system in some manner.

I strongly speculate the hike on the bridge that day was purposeful and prearranged. Others knew that girls were going to be there. One of them must have blasted that out on social media, and the Perp jumped in to action.

So, in summary, if forced to narrow in on my best speculation of who this Perp is, I'd say it's someone 16-19 years old, had the day off from school, and perhaps is a part time assistant coach or camp counselor type.

As usual, this is all amateur opinion and speculation *guys*.
My first (for 2 years) take on this was also school-involved. But, 2 years in, that seems less likely. Still does seem to be a reasonable Occam's Razor explanation, tho.

But, I don't think "inside the box" works for this case.

What if the perp is somewhat of a celebrity, local or wider than local?

@Rosegold68: I do believe that it's just a matter of time before he's caught (contrary to what he himself thinks. He's an arrogant young man, and believes himself to be invincible; thinks he's covered all his tracks). He's sure that his family/inner circle would never report him. Super-"Oops" on his part. Justice *will* be served.
Respectfully snipped.
Yes, I agree with you completely, and I will say to his Cowardly friends or family that are no doubt reading this....because they are anxiously tracking this case in the news....following everything....because they know the day is coming when this Coward will be arrested. They are wondering how it will effect them as well.

Well, Cowardly friends and family, I suggest you contact law enforcement immediately and cooperate. Otherwise, this Coward is going to drag you down with him. You will ruin your/your families lives for what? To protect some Coward that murdered two little girls! Why ruin your life to protect a Coward like that?! Call law enforcement and save yourself.

Amateur opinion and speculation

My first (for 2 years) take on this was also school-involved. But, 2 years in, that seems less likely. Still does seem to be a reasonable Occam's Razor explanation, tho.

Respectfully disagree. I think this is very inside the box. Just another Coward who has been lucky....SO FAR. His luck is running out as whomever has been covering up for him is no doubt feeling the pressure, and will not throw their lives away to continue to cover for the Coward. I expect them to break down and call law enforcement soon. No reason for them to ruin their lives, the lives of their entire family covering for a Cowardly miscreant.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I’ve listened on the loop and can hear no music or girls talking

Had to switch it off it’s driving me crazy

To me he sounds authoritative, used to kids and there’s a familiarity I can’t put my finger on, almost like he knows they know him. And he sounds fairly young to me. 30’s/20’s

Just my thoughts. Wonder if LE have a bit more audio they aren’t releasing

I Really think they knew him
They’ve already said they have additional audio and it’s “the stuff of nightmares.” I’m fairly certain Libby’s phone recorded their end.

It would explain why people are scared to come forward!

Fear of tarnishing a reputation with an accusation such as this.

SBM

If they were to release all of those things then what, exactly, would be left for them to hold onto?

There's a chance that releasing some of this information would help but, IMO, an even bigger chance that it would lead to more chaos, including false confessions. I may have hesitation in trusting one of the law enforcement offices but considering that there are now three working the case, I choose to put my trust and confidence in them.

There was a case a couple of years ago here where I live. A guy, Alex, was on the phone with his girlfriend. There was a knock on the door, he told her he'd call her back, and that was the last time anyone saw him. Someone called 911 that evening and said that it appeared that 2 men were beating up another man inside a car in his apartment lot. Alex had disappeared. The whole area searched for him. He was a likable dude and it felt like everyone in Lexington knew him. Almost right from the beginning the public was bemoaning the "lack of evidence" and calling it a "cold case" before a month even went by. LE released nothing so it was assumed that they had nothing in which to release. When his body was uncovered from a barrel in the river, the public was sure that he'd never see justice. They angrily demanded that LE release what they had so that the public could help. LE refused. Then, suddenly, two men were being arrested-one at the Mexican border. Turns out they'd known who had abducted him all along. Apparently, while on the phone with his girlfriend, when he'd heard the knock on the door he'd actually told her, "Hey, X and Y are here." LE kept that information out of the press because A) they were concerned about his girlfriend's safety and B) they were investigating the 2 dudes and they didn't want to tip them off and make them run (which one ultimately did anyway).

Point being, the way things look to us, the public, is sometimes vastly different than how they appear to LE. They have the whole picture and we do not. While I don't believe they have a specific person in mind, with them having far more pieces of the puzzle than us I still have confidence that between the 3 enforcement agencies they'll be able to move forward. It could take years, but I think it will happen.
Great post and very interesting. It gives me some hope. MOO

RESPECTFULLY SNIPPED FOR FOCUS AND BOLDED BY ME:

@rosesfromangels Jumping off of what you wrote above to say I totally agree, there is a familiar tone to "guys". I diverge from your theory about a connection to prior to that day though. It is said that the girls referred to a "creepy guy" on the trail that day. Well, I tend to think BG had already had an encounter with the girls that day prior to the audio/video. He probably admonished them for being on the bridge, and then a few minutes later caught up to them after realizing he found victims he could intimidate and control. I think the way he was dressed (like a slob), combined with (my opinion) stalking behavior, along with (my opinion) him being bossy about them being on the bridge, made him "creepy" IMO.

BTW. About those clothes BG is wearing. Can I just ask: What grown man wears jeans or pants six inches too long for their body? Those jeans IMO were not originally purchased when new for BG. Don't all mens jeans and pants come in waist size x inseam? And those holes under the knees? BG either stole or borrowed those pants, or bought from a thrift store because someone donated them because of those big a## holes in the knees.

Under our 4th amendment, you have the right to refuse a DNA sample without a warrant, and they need probable cause to get a warrant.
So, what they do is knock on your door, and ask you to volunteer a sample, and if you agree, they have you sign a consent form, and take one.
If you refuse, and they are convinced you are the one they are looking for, then they follow you around in hopes you'll discard something like a cigarette, or a coffee cup. Then they test that, and if it comes up positive, they have probable cause and then they get a warrant.

In Feb, Jerry Westrom, 52, was arrested and charged in the brutal 1993 stabbing death of a young sex worker. A DNA sample that was recovered from the murder scene was entered into a genealogy website database. Two suspects were identified, one being Westrom. Apparently a relative of his had submitted their DNA to a genealogy database and CPS got a hit.

Police trailed him to a hockey game and when he wiped his mouth with a napkin and threw it away, police picked it out of the trash to test for DNA evidence. It was a match to the sperm cell fraction samples recovered from the bed comforter and a towel that had been hanging in the bathroom.

Jerry Westrom: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

@rosesfromangels Jumping off of what you wrote above to say I totally agree, there is a familiar tone to "guys". I diverge from your theory about a connection to prior to that day though. It is said that the girls referred to a "creepy guy" on the trail that day. Well, I tend to think BG had already had an encounter with the girls that day prior to the audio/video. He probably admonished them for being on the bridge, and then a few minutes later caught up to them after realizing he found victims he could intimidate and control. I think the way he was dressed (like a slob), combined with (my opinion) stalking behavior, along with (my opinion) him being bossy about them being on the bridge, made him "creepy" IMO.

BTW. About those clothes BG is wearing. Can I just ask: What grown man wears jeans or pants six inches too long for their body? Those jeans IMO were not originally purchased when new for BG. Don't all mens jeans and pants come in waist size x inseam? And those holes under the knees? BG either stole or borrowed those pants, or bought from a thrift store because someone donated them because of those big a## holes in the knees.
LE didn’t say they said it was a creepy guy, but I do think they said something that eluded to the fact that they didn’t like the guy. That doesn’t mean they didn’t know him though. Not saying it’s an ex, but if I was with my friends and I saw mine I probably would say what is he doing here and not necessarily use his name.

I have tried and tried to make out what I hear, but cannot. I am unable to make out anything that sounds musical at all. It sounds like a horrible , screeching, fumbling with microphone noise?

Are you slowing down or speeding up audio to hear the music?

I had to put on my earbuds to hear it. Didn't hear it when I initially listened to the posted recording.

In Feb, Jerry Westrom, 52, was arrested and charged in the brutal 1993 stabbing.
<snipped for brevity>
Jerry Westrom: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Thanks JudgeJudi for including this article for us,
This is very relevant to what we are discussing on several levels.

JW makes one's skin crawl. But, hopefully soon, a co-worker of BG's will recall the same sort of feelings and call in that critical tip.

I wonder if this is all a tactic to make the perp nervous and have an odd reaction to the presser. I like others just don’t think they have a suspect. The only significant new info was the sketch, the audio doesn’t do much, and the video is of an “unnatural gait, because of the bridge conditions “

Build up the presser to maybe make someone visibly nervous or to run, is my opinion. I was really thinking big things were happening with all the build up, it is a bit disappointing. But I do think they will catch him, and I would so like for Indiana to bring back public hanging for this guy!

DBM
I wonder if this is all a tactic to make the perp nervous and have an odd reaction to the presser. I like others just don’t think they have a suspect. The only significant new info was the sketch, the audio doesn’t do much, and the video is of an “unnatural gait, because of the bridge conditions “

Build up the presser to maybe make someone visibly nervous or to run, is my opinion. I was really thinking big things were happening with all the build up, it is a bit disappointing. But I do think they will catch him, and I would so like for Indiana to bring back public hanging for this guy!

MOO changing the sketch and the age range is a big change. Asking for a witness seeing the driver of a vehicle parked at abandoned CPS 2/13 is also a very specific request.
They may or may not have gotten tips in response.

As to your second paragraph: Maybe that grown man bought the pants when he was thinner then he gained weight and can no longer wear them at his waist because of his fat beer belly and has to wear them below. That could add to 4 or 5 inches to the length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member