WEIGHT:
175 lbs.
HAIR:
Black
CLOTHING:
Gray athletic jumpsuit
DENTAL X-RAYS AVAILABLE:
No
Jonathan was last seen on May 3, 2019, in Oakland.
Contact
AGENCY:
Oakland Police Department
PHONE NUMBER:
(510) 238-3641
CASE NUMBER:
19-022865

Jonathan Fayiah Bandabaila

Attachments

• B5F3FDBF-E869-4A37-B8A2-6AE30449EC19.jpeg
    B5F3FDBF-E869-4A37-B8A2-6AE30449EC19.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I just saved this picture since I can’t post family members social media. It seems they have been sharing these fliers in the area. There are a lot of people worried for him. Praying they are able to continue getting the word out and can find him.

Does anyone live in the Bay Area who knows media resources that might share his story? I think that would be very helpful.

Attachments

• 2D88A593-3F63-4617-AE23-D6CC03891229.jpeg
    2D88A593-3F63-4617-AE23-D6CC03891229.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 17
I just saved this picture since I can’t post family members social media. It seems they have been sharing these fliers in the area. There are a lot of people worried for him. Praying they are able to continue getting the word out and can find him.

Does anyone live in the Bay Area who knows media resources that might share his story? I think that would be very helpful.
Per the info on the flier - “His 1998 Honda Civic was found on the San Mateo/Dunbar bridge on May 4, 2019 at about 1:30 a.m.”

Does anyone know anything about this bridge? Would there be cameras?

958d88b5-294a-4937-8977-f50249569504-jpeg.184600

Attachments

• 958D88B5-294A-4937-8977-F50249569504.jpeg
    958D88B5-294A-4937-8977-F50249569504.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 342
I'm confused as to where his car was found. There is the San Mateo Bridge, and the Dumbarton Bridge in the Bay Area. There is a "Dunbar" bridge, which is just a creek overpass, but it is almost 90 miles north of the San Mateo Bridge.

Google Maps

It would also be helpful to know exactly where the vehicle was found. If they are referring to either the San Mateo Bridge or the Dumbarton Bridge, they both have cameras.

I am unclear on the bridges as well. On social media, the family and friends are repeatedly tagging news stations, but it seems no one has picked up the story yet.

The last missing poster I grabbed mentions an Officer Sides of the Oakland Police Department who must have been in contact with the family initially and received reports of the car stopped there.

I think this is him off of the OaklandCa.gov website:
Police Department
Bradley Sides
Police Officer (PERS)

Email Address:bsides@oaklandca.gov

Bump.

Hoping some experienced sleuths or locals can join in here!

“Other drivers were calling to report that they saw someone sitting on the rail westbound toward San matea that morning”
Uh oh... :eek:
I saw that, I also saw some posts by the family that I cannot fully repost here, but they said based off of other things the detective told them, they were not thinking suicide.

Now I don’t know if that is the family being optimistic, or if there were really other things about the car when found that may have suggested he wasn’t the one who drove it there.

All IMOO

Going with the original report of the car abandoned on the San Mateo (Hayward) bridge with multiple reports of someone sitting on the rail. It sounds like suicide, but there are many indicators for and against.
1. it is an odd bridge to choose when the Golden Gate is a short drive (it is only 130ft).
2. Usually someone close to the missing has a hint there is depression or despondency
3. No note that we know of

Other things to consider:
1. He appears to be from Sierra Leone originally and was just there. He may have been feeling homesick or sad for another reason. Having ties to a foreign country always ups the stakes though, because he could also be running from or to something.
2. No obvious involvement in illegal activity. He has a large friend group of schoolmates and other acquaintances, the majority of which are normal people (very few gang-types etc) However,
3. Being an immigrant, he may be more susceptible to falling in with the wrong crowd or, if employment prospects are thin, getting involved in something dicey.

I truly hope he is found. If he is in the Bay, we'll find out soon enough.

Per the info on the flier - “His 1998 Honda Civic was found on the San Mateo/Dunbar bridge on May 4, 2019 at about 1:30 a.m.”

Does anyone know anything about this bridge? Would there be cameras?

those are two different bridges. the san mateo bridge goes from san mateo to Hayward and the Dumbarton bridge goes from Menlo park to Newark.

Going with the original report of the car abandoned on the San Mateo (Hayward) bridge with multiple reports of someone sitting on the rail. It sounds like suicide, but there are many indicators for and against.
1. it is an odd bridge to choose when the Golden Gate is a short drive (it is only 130ft).
2. Usually someone close to the missing has a hint there is depression or despondency
3. No note that we know of

Other things to consider:
1. He appears to be from Sierra Leone originally and was just there. He may have been feeling homesick or sad for another reason. Having ties to a foreign country always ups the stakes though, because he could also be running from or to something.
2. No obvious involvement in illegal activity. He has a large friend group of schoolmates and other acquaintances, the majority of which are normal people (very few gang-types etc) However,
3. Being an immigrant, he may be more susceptible to falling in with the wrong crowd or, if employment prospects are thin, getting involved in something dicey.

I truly hope he is found. If he is in the Bay, we'll find out soon enough.

most of the san mateo brodge is close to the water but the stretch close to san mateo goes up very high.

those are two different bridges. the san mateo bridge goes from san mateo to Hayward and the Dumbarton bridge goes from Menlo park to Newark.
The recent article I posted above says his car was found on San Mateo Bridge, so I guess that is the correct one. I would like to know what was caught on cameras at the toll booth. I would think that would answer a lot of questions.

Bump. Family is still very vocal on social media and their frustrations with Oakland PD. I hope they can get a private investigator to help. I can’t find any news to back up what they are stating in their posts, but IMO it does not look good. I can’t imagine what they are going through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back