MO MO - Rosie Schlicker, 20, Kansas City, 14 March 1978

Got an email yesterday titled Deletion of NamUs Case # 34118. I assume someone has entered her already but will email the case worker to make sure and to see if something is holding it up

NamUs Case # 34118 has been reviewed and found to be either unverifiable or already exists in the NamUs Missing Persons System. Therefore, it has been removed.

Thank you,
The NamUs Team

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34119/1/

Sorry, my almost 3 year old grandson is here, wanting my attention. I spoke to Melissa, she said they're having issues with the system generating 2 cases when entering a new case, she said the system deleted the empty entry of mine. 34119 is mine. She was on top of it, contacted LE when she saw the case. As you may have seen they do have finger prints, Rosie also had a Harley Davidson tattoo on right buttocks, scar on right hand and pierced ears. I emailed her back to check if LE has DNA kits to get a sample.

NamUs MP # 34119
Case Report - NamUs MP # 34119
Case Information
Status Missing
First name Rosie
Middle name M
Last name Schlicker
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen March 14, 1978 00:00
Date entered 06/20/2016
Age last seen 20 to years old
Age now 58 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 66.0 to 67.0
Weight (pounds) 120.0

Circumstances - Missing From: Truman Medical Center, 2301 Holmes St. Kansas City, Missouri 64108 Jackson County

Circumstances
Rosie was last seen at the Truman Medical Center in Kansas City, MO on 03/14/1978. She has not been seen since.
Physical
Hair color Blond/Strawberry

Left eye color Blue
Right eye color Blue

No known distinctive body features
Distinctive features as described below
Amputations
Deformities
Scars and marks - Scar on right hand
Tattoos - Tattoo on right buttocks of a Harley Davidson
Piercings - Pierced ears

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is available elsewhere

Investigating Agency - Sgt Benjamin Caldwell
Phone 816-234-5322
KCMO Website
Case number 07030554
Date reported
Jurisdiction Local
Agency Kansas City Police Department - 1125 Locust Kansas City, Missouri 64106

Sorry, my almost 3 year old grandson is here, wanting my attention. I spoke to Melissa, she said they're having issues with the system generating 2 cases when entering a new case, she said the system deleted the empty entry of mine. 34119 is mine. She was on top of it, contacted LE when she saw the case. As you may have seen they do have finger prints, Rosie also had a Harley Davidson tattoo on right buttocks, scar on right hand and pierced ears. I emailed her back to check if LE has DNA kits to get a sample.
Snipped

RSBM
You're the best!

Alright! That was so fast!

... So I guess we were right about the fingerprints. The butt tattoo kind of rules her out of most of our suggestions but I think not Lumberton...?

The one I suggested from MO was skeletal, so that's still a possibility, too.

RSBM
You're the best!

My pleasure. If you know of any more, I'd be glad to do it as time allows. It mostly depends on how complicated the case is.

The one I suggested from MO was skeletal, so that's still a possibility, too.

Here she is

Here's another possibility that I thought someone had posted here, but it was on Eva Ridall's thread as a possibility for Eva. I'm bringing it over here, since the remains were found in MO in 1985, est. TOD of 1984 and could possibly be Rosie, too. They were found about a half hour east of Kansas City, MO.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/446ufmo.html
http://www.excelsiorspringsstandard....letal-remains/

What's interesting is the sketch depicts a Caucasian woman to my eyes anyway. Her NamUs profile says she's a 21 to 25 year old Black/African American Female. The article says brown hair

NamUs Circumstances - Remains were found in a field in the vicinity of Highway 210, approximately 11 miles east of Missouri City, Missouri.
The decedent is believed to have been 19 to 22 years of age at the time of her death. The race of the decedent was undetermined; she may have been Caucasian, African-American, or Bi-racial. She was believed to have brown hair, and was found with a hair comb.

I could honestly see her as being Clay County Jane, Lumberton Jane, and the girl with the turquoise jewelry. It's worth a shot, anyway? Especially because she has no DNA in the system yet.

Rosie's case file on Charley Project was recently updated to include the new info :)

Been a couple of months, bumping for Rosie.

Has she definitely been sent in as a possible match for Lumberton Jane? I really do see a resemblance.

Glad you brought it up again Alleykins! Rosie had been brought up in Mount Vernon Jane's thread and those eyes reminded me of Lumberton Jane. Of course I am inexperienced and was talking about it on the wrong thread!! But, I really think that sketch accents the shape of her eyes and lips and looks so similat to her. Hoping someone has submitted her!

I'm not sure if someone has turned Rosie in for Lumberton. I hope they have.

Rosie M. Schlicker – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Rosie M. Schlicker

• rosie_m._schlicker_1.jpg
  • rosie_m._schlicker_2.jpg
Schlicker, circa 1978

• Missing Since03/14/1978
  • Missing FromKansas City, Missouri
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth01/21/1958 (61)
  • Age20 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6, 120 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Schilcker has a scar on her right hand and a tattoo of a Harley Davidson on her right buttock. Her ears are pierced. She may spell her last name "Schlucker."
Details of Disappearance
Schlicker was last seen at the Truman Medical Center in the 2300 block of Holmes Street in Kansas City, Missouri on March 14, 1978. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Artbreeder came up in another post, so I thought I would try using it to add some color to Rosie's pics. The free trial is limited in terms of where you can add color--i.e. by adding makeup, I was not able to control her brows. It is far from exact or perfect, but adding blue eyes and approximating strawberry blonde hair, was fun to try. Maybe it could be helpful if she is in any of the collections of photos out there? Anyway, worth a go.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 3.46.34 PM.png

Loy Evitts- Kansas City's oldest missing persons case- disappeared a year before Rosie in the same vicinity of town. Both were in their 20's with blonde hair and a similar resemblance. Could be a coincidence. Could be noteworthy.

I find it odd that there is so little revealed about her. Was anyone in her family ever interviewed? It would help to know some things about her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back