Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

Last edited:
8-year-old girl found safe at hotel after kidnapping in Fort Worth, police say | Crime | Dallas News

1558275488-michael-webb.PNG

Did the Amber Alerts finally roll thru I wonder?

Snipped by me

I live 20 minutes from the kidnapping site and about that from the hotel they were found at (hotel is a bit futher south for me.) 4 phones that all have the amber alert turned on no one got it. Not sure what the hold up was as it wasnt just one carrier. Power of social media and that video of the car helped LE bring SS home. Without that video I think most would have been skeptical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snipped by me

I live 20 minutes from the kidnapping site and about that from the hotel they were found at (hotel is a bit futher south for me.) 4 phones that all have the amber alert turned on no one got it. Not sure what the hold up was as it wasnt just one carrier. Power of social media and that video of the car helped LE bring SS home. Without that video I think most would have been skeptical.
I think it was during the uproar back in Feb that they stopped sending them out between 10pm and 6am. Too many complaints of scaring people. In this situation, they found her before 6am so I bet they just cancelled it.

I think we all have to thank that homeowner and his attention to his doorbell video and all the others in the neighborhood who viewed their videos to document what the car looked like.

If the first guy had not been home or had not had his video up and running, we might still be looking for her.

Honestly, it was his video and the traumatized, shocked mother pushed from the car, seen on video, that probably compelled those wonderful church members to go out on their own after midnight to drive around looking for a horrible criminal.

My neighbors dont have video surveillance or alarms but I am every so grateful to have mine and to have videos of deer and birds and passing cars to set off the cameras.

School will be out soon and lots of young girls will be out and about.
Wouldn't hurt to warn parents and babysitters how easily this
can happen.
Without video cameras in that neighborhood, I shudder to think
what may have happened to that innocent child.

51-year-old booked into Tarrant County jail, accused of kidnapping 8-year-old girl

Photo of suspect at link.

SFA:
A 51-year-old man was booked into the Tarrant County Jail on a charge of aggravated kidnapping just before 6 a.m. Sunday, according to booking records.

Bond has not yet been set for Michael Webb.

Webb doesn’t have a criminal history in Tarrant County, according to court records.
No criminal history in that county - wow. Surely he does elsewhere, because what a brazen, over-the-top crime for it to be his first that he was caught at. Plus, at 51, he must have had these urges before.

I went to sleep worried to death and expecting the usual sad, somber press conference at some point today. This little girl gets the opportunity to grow up and have a long life! The smile on the officers face made me cry.

SS Kidnapping: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
[...]

“I can’t go into the full details of what they did here but I can tell you they did breach one of the doors here and were able to locate SS safely,” Calzada revealed, adding that SS was rescued and found safe at 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Police were at the hotel investigating throughout the night and witnesses reported Webb’s car being towed by police around 6 a.m.

Calzada indicated that SS appeared to be unharmed but was transported by MedStar to a nearby hospital where she was reunited with her family. He described the little girl’s demeanor as “calm” when police found her.

Calzada recounted how he and other officers were listening in on a radio as the police entered the hotel room and discovered SS. “It put a huge smile on my face and it took alot of darkness off of my heart, just knowing this young girl is going to be ok,” he said.

[...]

Fort Worth Police OA on Twitter
Incredible collaboration by our officers and the community to locate a missing 8 year old and capture a vicious individual from the streets of Fort Worth. #SS

Fort Worth Police OA added,
D675ckHX4AEWNdK.jpg

Fort Worth PoliceVerified account @fortworthpd
Michael Webb - B/M 51 YOA Current Charge - Aggravated Kidnapping - 1st Degree Felony #ThankYou Fort Worth and all our followers. #SS
11:06 AM - 19 May 2019 from Texas, USA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288