Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rosesfromangels Jumping off of what you wrote above to say I totally agree, there is a familiar tone to "guys". I diverge from your theory about a connection to prior to that day though. It is said that the girls referred to a "creepy guy" on the trail that day. Well, I tend to think BG had already had an encounter with the girls that day prior to the audio/video. He probably admonished them for being on the bridge, and then a few minutes later caught up to them after realizing he found victims he could intimidate and control. I think the way he was dressed (like a slob), combined with (my opinion) stalking behavior, along with (my opinion) him being bossy about them being on the bridge, made him "creepy" IMO.

BTW. About those clothes BG is wearing. Can I just ask: What grown man wears jeans or pants six inches too long for their body? Those jeans IMO were not originally purchased when new for BG. Don't all mens jeans and pants come in waist size x inseam? And those holes under the knees? BG either stole or borrowed those pants, or bought from a thrift store because someone donated them because of those big a## holes in the knees.
The term guys is used a lot here in Indiana. Especially when referring to youth.
He may not have known them directly, but works with youths, tied to a school setting, hence the day off.
Jeans, although they are sold by waist and inseam, it seems that quite a few retailers offer 30 to 32 inch inseam, but a whole lot of variety in the waist. So we tend to buy what we can.
The jacket, I think he's had awhile, appears well warn, weapon imprint on right side. I also think he had a black balaclava with a white skull imprint around his neck, ready to pull up and cover his face.
So we know he had a weapon. Was he licensed? Probably in my opinion
On the audio, I hear a muffled "No" " GUYS" a muffled "Oh my God" then, "down the hill"
Someone knows him, please turn him in

I wonder if this is all a tactic to make the perp nervous and have an odd reaction to the presser. I like others just don’t think they have a suspect. The only significant new info was the sketch, the audio doesn’t do much, and the video is of an “unnatural gait, because of the bridge conditions “

Build up the presser to maybe make someone visibly nervous or to run, is my opinion. I was really thinking big things were happening with all the build up, it is a bit disappointing. But I do think they will catch him, and I would so like for Indiana to bring back public hanging for this guy!
In my opinion, it was to let him know they have a lot more recorded audio and or video, perhaps all.

The girls mentioned BG was weird, I think they were concerned for his saftey on that bridge not knowing he had an ulterior motive. I think Libby would have called 911 if they felt danger rather than take a photo. These girls were probably concerned citizens. R.I.P Libby & Abby
The only thing I can find about the girls seeing a man is just that, they noticed and mentioned a man behind them. A spoken adjective for that man was never released to the public but most likely revealed to the families, if they used one. I can't find anything saying family spoke of it?

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

anyone who knows who this and are covering for him....how can they be so sure they aren't next

the 'stuff of nightmares"....well,we don't know what he did to those girls or how he left themes well as not knowing the audio content in full

im intrigued he didn't take away the phone
im intrigued that if someone covering isn't terrified for their own safety

the familiarity may well be as he'd passed them previously. that does make sense to me with regard to tone of voice

@rosesfromangels Jumping off of what you wrote above to say I totally agree, there is a familiar tone to "guys". I diverge from your theory about a connection to prior to that day though. It is said that the girls referred to a "creepy guy" on the trail that day. Well, I tend to think BG had already had an encounter with the girls that day prior to the audio/video. He probably admonished them for being on the bridge, and then a few minutes later caught up to them after realizing he found victims he could intimidate and control. I think the way he was dressed (like a slob), combined with (my opinion) stalking behavior, along with (my opinion) him being bossy about them being on the bridge, made him "creepy" IMO.

BTW. About those clothes BG is wearing. Can I just ask: What grown man wears jeans or pants six inches too long for their body? Those jeans IMO were not originally purchased when new for BG. Don't all mens jeans and pants come in waist size x inseam? And those holes under the knees? BG either stole or borrowed those pants, or bought from a thrift store because someone donated them because of those big a## holes in the knees.
I like your clothes points.
Following on from reading a previous post by the dancer ( Sorry, will go and look for poster's name) regarding deportment etc and ' Pigeon toes' etc, made me wonder if the shoes were too big ( having to 'claw' the feet to keep them on)

I wonder if Libby’s phone was turned off or if the battery went dead. LE states the murders happened within minutes. I think the whole attack may have been recorded , and the phone undetected by BG may have run out of power. If the area of the trail has poor cellular reception it could deplete the battery fairly quickly
Since audio recordings are apparently time stamped LE should know exact time of their audio encounter. MOO
Hope they catch this soon before he does it again.
Just rambling on this morning

The only thing I can find about the girls seeing a man is just that, they noticed and mentioned a man behind them. A spoken adjective for that man was never released to the public but most likely revealed to the families, if they used one. I can't find anything saying family spoke of it?

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

Yes, the only statement ever released by LE said they “mentioned the man”. As the image of sketch one was of a rougher looking character, possibly that’s how the “creepy man” came to become close to an urban myth.

Several times LE has also cautioned against SM rumours in the past, stating that can be harmful to the investigation. Now that the new sketch has been released who doesn’t look blatantly creepy, I’d hope that people who might know this person offer tips whether they think this person is creepy or otherwise completely blends into a crowd with nothing predominant about his appearance whatsoever.

Snipped...
It’s interesting how different people see/hear different things. I don’t see holes in the knees of BG’s jeans. To me it just looks like shadows from the stretched out knees. Mine look like that after I’ve worn them awhile.
Besides waist and inseam, men’s jeans come in different cuts, his look like “loose fitting”.

I wonder if Libby’s phone was turned off or if the battery went dead. LE states the murders happened within minutes. I think the whole attack may have been recorded , and the phone undetected by BG may have run out of power. If the area of the trail has poor cellular reception it could deplete the battery fairly quickly
Since audio recordings are apparently time stamped LE should know exact time of their audio encounter. MOO
Hope they catch this soon before he does it again.
Just rambling on this morning

Although I don’t have a link nor do I recall the source it’s been posted on prior threads here that Libby’s cellphone was an iphone6. If that’s true, google tells me maximum battery power is about seven hours and video recording definitely drains far more battery power than an idle cellphone. If the cellphone was fully charged prior to the going to the trail just after 1pm, that it was reportedly not receiving at 5pm would seem reasonable to me that the battery was drained. In addition to video, I’d bet family members were attempting to call or text Libby non-stop from the moment they didn’t show up at the pick up spot.

As others have stated, teens often prefer the vibrating setting as opposed to the ringer. The family may have even attempted to seek out the girls by listening for the sound of a cellphone ringing if they thought they were still somewhere walking the trails. But if the setting was vibrate that wouldn’t have helped either.

Does anyone know?
Did Doug Carter’s correction mean the car had been there SINCE 2/13 INTO 2/14, or if it was only there ON 2/13?

“Authorities also are asking for the public's help in identifying the driver of a vehicle that was left abandoned in Delphi on Feb. 13, 2017, near the old CPS/DCS welfare building on the east side of County Road 300 North, near the Hoosier Heartland Highway, though a detailed description of that vehicle was not released. After the press conference, Carter said he misspoke when he said the vehicle was abandoned on Feb. 14, 2019.”

(I thought I was caught up, but maybe I missed some pages where this was cleared up).

Although I don’t have a link nor do I recall the source it’s been posted on prior threads here that Libby’s cellphone was an iphone6. If that’s true, google tells me maximum battery power is about seven hours and video recording definitely drains far more battery power than an idle cellphone. If the cellphone was fully charged prior to the going to the trail just after 1pm, that it was reportedly not receiving at 5pm would seem reasonable to me that the battery was drained. In addition to video, I’d bet family members were attempting to call or text Libby non-stop from the moment they didn’t show up at the pick up spot.

As others have stated, teens often prefer the vibrating setting as opposed to the ringer. The family may have even attempted to seek out the girls by listening for the sound of a cellphone ringing if they thought they were still somewhere walking the trails. But if the setting was vibrate that wouldn’t have helped either.
Sounds logical to me

Does anyone know?
Did Doug Carter’s correction mean the car had been there SINCE 2/13 INTO 2/14, or if it was only there ON 2/13?

“Authorities also are asking for the public's help in identifying the driver of a vehicle that was left abandoned in Delphi on Feb. 13, 2017, near the old CPS/DCS welfare building on the east side of County Road 300 North, near the Hoosier Heartland Highway, though a detailed description of that vehicle was not released. After the press conference, Carter said he misspoke when he said the vehicle was abandoned on Feb. 14, 2019.”

(I thought I was caught up, but maybe I missed some pages where this was cleared up).
Yes, clarified to have been there between 1-5 the day of the murders.

Just for reference, the two updates -

UPDATE FROM INDIANA STATE POLICE ON APRIL 23, 2019:

Delphi, IN – The Multi-Agency Task Force is providing the below points of clarification after yesterday’s informational news conference.
  • A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
  • The location of the abandoned CPS building was 6931 West 300 North, Delphi, IN
    • The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant
  • The Multi-Agency Task Force is seeking tips and information about how the subject depicted in the sketch is linked to the Delphi area.
    • The Task Force is not asking for investigative suggestions
    • Tips on the suspect sketch are our main interest.....

UPDATE FROM INDIANA STATE POLICE ON APRIL 24, 2019:

Delphi, Indiana – In the early days and months of the Delphi Murder investigation information was developed about suspect descriptions. It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation. Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

It is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:
  • They are not the same person
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
Members of the Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22nd, especially if that person has changed their appearance since the murders occurred in February of 2017.
Indiana State Police release new sketch of Delphi murder suspect | Carroll County Calendar

This case makes you wonder if police are on the right track in terms of the two sketches of the suspect they released. I think sometimes having a sketch can make people focus on that to the exclusion of everything else in the case. The good thing in this case is that there is DNA evidence. The sad thing in this case is that I wonder if it will take years to link it to a suspect who looks nothing like the two sketches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam