Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

These kind of kidnappers do exactly that. They are opportunist kidnappers.

I have read many articles over the years stating they are always cruising areas looking for unsuspecting victims to kidnap.

Imo, so yes, this is exactly what he was doing. He was looking for a target, and tragically found a beautiful child to kidnap.

They use the element of surprise so the victim has no time to react before being taken or for others around the child to react quickly enough.

Most child kidnapping that happen right on the street there was no one who saw or heard a thing. Thank goodness in this case there was a witness.

I am so happy to see they found her. What a blessing for all!

Jmo
Total blessing for all!! Praise the Lord!! I cannot believe this happened to this family!! SS and her mother are just precious as can be!! This family have been long time friends of my family. Thank you Lord!! Thanks for the community and FWPD. Woot woot and please pray for them all as they recover from this horrible situation w a happy ending!!
I’m still dumbfounded over how this hit so close to home. This mother is a tiger y’all!! Rawrrrr

Last edited by a moderator:
:(:eek: *Hi all! been on sabbatical with a new puppy but popping in when I find a minute. Yeehaw that SS is safe and that the creep is behind bars. Think everyone is spot on about this guy's history and intentions, sadly. Out on probation for a sexual assault last April.

Prayers for SS and her family.

Tyler native known as

8-year-old girl found safe at hotel after kidnapping in Fort Worth, police say | Crime | Dallas News

1558275488-michael-webb.PNG
Ewww, you monster!! I hope you rot in prison.

SS Kidnapping: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
[...]

Calzada recounted how he and other officers were listening in on a radio as the police entered the hotel room and discovered Sabatka. “It put a huge smile on my face and it took alot of darkness off of my heart, just knowing this young girl is going to be ok,” he said.

[...]

RSFF:

Re: the bolded section.

Not gonna' lie. I found those words incredibly moving.

This is as thrilling and joyous an outcome for LE as it is for SS and her mom.

LEOs have to deal with so much of what's ugly and dark in our world.

I'm glad they get to experience a positive and rewarding outcome, and to realize that SS is back safe with her mom now because of the important work that they do.

Today, the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

JMO.

Total blessing for all!! Praise the Lord!! I cannot believe this happened to this family!! SS and her mother are just precious as can be!! This family have been long time friends of my family. Thank you Lord!! Thanks for the community and FWPD. Woot woot and please pray for them all as they recover from this horrible situation w a happy ending!!
I’m still dumbfounded over how this hit so close to home. This mother is a tiger y’all!! Rawrrrr

Consider it done, and praying for you as you recover also from having something so close to you as many cases do not have recoveries as you know from being a longtime member here.

I was up much of the night with a sick kiddo and trying to keep up with updates. I am THRILLED to see this news. A precious angel still with us. They will need lots of support in the aftermath of this, but I have no doubt they will receive it. I am just so, so thankful.

RSFF:

Re: the bolded section.

Not gonna' lie. I found those words incredibly moving.

This is as thrilling and joyous an outcome for LE as it is for SS and her mom.

LEOs have to deal with so much of what's ugly and dark in our world.

I'm glad they get to experience a positive and rewarding outcome, and to realize that SS is back safe with her mom now because of the important work that they do.

Today, the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

JMO.

Watching it was even more so. :) Was amazing.

Man accused in Fort Worth girl’s kidnapping had previous sexual assault case dismissed
The sexual assault and an aggravated assault charge had been dismissed in November, court records show.MAY 19, 2019 12:06 PM

A man accused in the kidnapping of an 8-year-old Fort Worth girl Saturday evening had been charged last year with sexual assault in Smith County but the case was later dismissed.

Smith County court records show Michael Webb, 51, was indicted in June on second-degree felony charges of sexual assault and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Both charges, however, were dismissed on a motion filed by prosecutors in November.

Richard Vance, the Smith County prosecutor who handled the case, said Sunday the dismissal came after the alleged victim in the case became uncooperative and apparently left the state.

“Our hands were pretty much tied on that one, otherwise we would have prosecuted him,” Vance said.

Vance said the charge stemmed from a single incident on April 26, 2018, at a Tyler motel.

He said the alleged victim, a woman in her 30s or 40s with a history of prostitution, had initially indicated to authorities that she and Webb were in some type of relationship. She accused him of striking her while displaying a deadly weapon and sexually assaulting her, Vance said.

“From the get-go, she was filing affidavits of non-prosecution,” Vance said. “That, in and of itself, doesn’t keep us from prosecuting but we made attempts to contact her with no success.”

Vance said investigators determined the woman, who had outstanding warrants for her arrest, had likely gone to another state.

“She was actively avoiding us,” Vance said. “... She was uncooperative, wanted, and was in a different state and was clearly moving around on the run.”

With the trial date approaching, Vance said, the District Attorney’s office decided to dismiss the charges without prejudice. By doing so, he said, the option to still prosecute Webb in the future if they found the alleged victim remained open.

“If we’d gone to trial without her, we’d run the risk of a not-guilty,” Vance said.

Vance said learning that Webb is now accused of kidnapping a young girl is disturbing news.

“When I heard the name, it bothers you because you hate hearing that as a prosecutor,” Vance said. “But our hands were pretty much tied on that one.”

Attorney Jason Parrish, who represented Webb in the dismissed Smith County cases, did not respond to a message seeking comment.

Last edited:
I REALLY want to know if those were fake paper plates, and who owned the vehicle.

I feel like I keep seeing more and more paper plates on cars locally ( not in Texas) and it really creeps me out that crooks may be disguising their licence plates like that

I just keep flashing back to Amber Hagerman. If we had had the technology back then that we have today could that terrible outcome have been prevented? My mind also jumps to "did this guy take Amber, too?"

I'm sure LE knows his intent in abducting SSS and can look backwards from there to know more about his history and other possible crimes. Any DNA results will be interesting.

School will be out soon and lots of young girls will be out and about.
Wouldn't hurt to warn parents and babysitters how easily this
can happen.
Without video cameras in that neighborhood, I shudder to think
what may have happened to that innocent child.
Yes and thankfully at least one pervert is now off the streets!

I REALLY want to know if those were fake paper plates, and who owned the vehicle.

I feel like I keep seeing more and more paper plates on cars locally ( not in Texas) and it really creeps me out that crooks may be disguising their licence plates like that

Here, in the State of Texas, we had a taskforce devoted to catching cars with fake paper plates until they were shut down last year. The numbers suggest that up to 90% of those paper plates are fake. They are used mostly on older cars that will not pass emissions testing.

I'm so so so glad they found her and the (having a hard time not putting a cuss word here) man-thing who took her. I stayed up late following last night but fell asleep right before they found her! So happy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back