Found Deceased OK - Harold Snyder, 83, Heavener, Leflore County, 10 April 2019 *endangered*

doodles1211

Reaction score
snyder-harold-ps.png

A Silver Alert has been issued for a missing 83-year-old man from LeFlore County.

Harold Snyder of Heavener, Oklahoma, went missing on Thursday (April 11) at 9:00 a.m., according to the LeFlore County Sheriff’s Office. He was supposed to make it home by 2 p.m. but never showed up.

Snyder suffers from dementia and is considered to be in danger of injury or death, deputies said.

He is described as a white male, 5’9″ tall, 160 pounds with blue eyes and gray hair. Snyder is wearing a black leather jacket with a large eagle on the back, blue jeans and cowboy boots.

Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call the LeFlore County Sheriff’s Office at (918) 647-2317.

Silver Alert Issued For 83-Year-Old LeFlore County Man

Family Speaks Out As Search For Missing Leflore County Man Continues

Eighty-three-year-old Harold Snyder went for walk with his dog in Runestone State Park after his breakfast Wednesday morning (April 10). Stephan Schneider, Snyder's son-in-law, said it wasn't that uncommon.

When he failed to return by Thursday (April 11), however, his family contacted Heavener police.

Volunteers from the community, the Leflore County Sheriff's Office and the Heavener Police Department scoured the state park and the town, where he was last seen walking near the First National Bank.

"There were search parties and they covered that mountain from the top to the bottom and we're really grateful for that," said Schneider.

Snyder's dog was located near the park, alone.

More at link...

Family Speaks Out As Search For Missing Leflore County Man Continues

Eighty-three-year-old Harold Snyder went for walk with his dog in Runestone State Park after his breakfast Wednesday morning (April 10). Stephan Schneider, Snyder's son-in-law, said it wasn't that uncommon.

When he failed to return by Thursday (April 11), however, his family contacted Heavener police.

Volunteers from the community, the Leflore County Sheriff's Office and the Heavener Police Department scoured the state park and the town, where he was last seen walking near the First National Bank.

"There were search parties and they covered that mountain from the top to the bottom and we're really grateful for that," said Schneider.

Snyder's dog was located near the park, alone.

More at link...
Oh no, this is very scary...:( Although, I don't think he would have gotten into a vehicle without his dog, do you?

"Snyder's family also advised that he had recently been wanting to return to Oregon, where he grew up.

"They're really thinking somebody might have picked him up," said Stephan. "You know, saw an old man alongside the road and gave him a ride. And in his state of mind, we don't know where he would have told them where home was."

Runestone Park: Google Maps

Last edited:
Oh no, this is very scary...:( Although, I don't think he would have gotten into a vehicle without his dog, do you?

"Snyder's family also advised that he had recently been wanting to return to Oregon, where he grew up.

"They're really thinking somebody might have picked him up," said Stephan. "You know, saw an old man alongside the road and gave him a ride. And in his state of mind, we don't know where he would have told them where home was."

Runestone Park: Google Maps
I don't think he would leave his dog behind in a case like that. Unfortunately, he probably had some sort of medical issue while on his walk... imo. I hope I am wrong and he is found safe and sound!

I don't think he would have left without the dog either. I think they need to go back to where the dog was found and look again. I don't think the dog would have ventured too far from where his owner was. At least, most dogs tend to hang around.

There's a number of bodies of water south of the bank, near the Chamber of Commerce in the photo, where he was last spotted. Did someone see him in person or was that a camera that he was seen on?

upload_2019-5-19_17-43-33.png

Oklahoma Cold Case Facebook post on April 14th has a lot of comments. I have not read through them so not sure there is anything noteworthy. I do see posts from family on social media as late as May 8th that he is still missing.
Oklahoma Cold Cases
The niece has identified herself in the comments. No updates other than the lady at the bank thinks she saw him walking by.

I am so glad to see some news on Harold! :cool:

From the article linked by JerseyGirl:

[...]

“I believe he probably still has a clue as to, you know, a little bit about us. It may come and go, but I have a feeling he still has a good enough memory that he knows who we are still," Schneider said.

Heavener Police recently reached out to the family to request that Harold’s children submit DNA samples.

Those samples will then go into a national registry that can be matched to human remains.

[...]

The family is asking that local businesses continue to display his photo on walls and windows, and for people to share on social media.

They are still holding on to hope that Harold will be found alive.

[...]

The investigation will stay open, and the search continues until they find out what happened to Harold.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back