The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got:
Meghan Markle
A new princess for a new age. You know your duties but have your own mind. You use it, too. You keep what's best of tradition but create your own. You love the glamor and the glitz, but know what's important in life. You have an understated but distinct style. You know what you like but don't make too much of a fuss!

Ooooh, TY BDE! Our Queen of the Quizzes:)

You got:
Princess Eugenie
You are a rebel. You do your own thing. You pay attention to tradition but not too much. You have your own ideas about how things should be done. You're not afraid to speak your mind. Your style is a bit off the beaten path, but you're always elegant. You have a great sense of adventure and always want to try something new. You're an explorer!

Well, flip my hair in the wind!

Haha! More of an explorer in my youth...

I chose no veil, but definitely a tiara!

Last edited:
Quiz - Royal Bride Twin

You got:
Meghan Markle
A new princess for a new age. You know your duties but have your own mind. You use it, too. You keep what's best of tradition but create your own. You love the glamor and the glitz, but know what's important in life. You have an understated but distinct style. You know what you like but don't make too much of a fuss!

Actually, I do not like glamor & glitz.... :D

Ah, the 80's. Lots of big shoulder pads, pleats, puffy sleeves, skirts and embellishments. Big hair. Agree, lots of fabric, especially shiny fabric! Diana's dress was very fashionable for the times.
In the workplace, it was considered "power dressing" for women. Not sure about all the bows and poufs, though.
Ahh yet how the times doth change :p
hbz-princess-diana-style-1981-56799670-1500486351.jpg
hbz-princess-diana-style-1982-73423739-1500486350.jpg
Prince-Charles-and-Princess-Diana-attending-a-British-Film-Institute-dinner-616x500.jpg

Okay, catty comment alert!

Fergie really looked terrible in that pink dress, wrong color, wrong cut for her...she needs a hairstyle, and some yoga wouldn't hurt either. Just saying.

Saucer of milk for Mickey!!

She'd be better in a two piece in a bolder colour. I quite like Sarah, but let's be honest, poised and polished was never her strong point. Better make that two saucers of milk!

I found this article comparing the 4 tiaras very informative. The tiaras for recent brides Gabriella, Meghan, Eugenie, and also Kate are shown, compared and priced. It's probably been posted before, but who can keep up here.

How Lady Gabriella's tiara compares to Meghan, Kate and Eugenie’s - and price

I thought Lady Gabriella's dress was exquisite, she was radiant, and the whole event looked so joyous and gorgeous. Everyone was beautiful and happy. My favorite look was actually Pippa, love the dress and headpiece and color.

I got Princess Eugenie. Gabriella's dress was my favorite. I think Meghan's dress was too bright of a white for me. I don't like anything that is 'refrigerator' white. I prefer the soft white. Meghan's dress looked too hot for a Spring day.
Of course where I am, it is 90 degrees, not sure what the temps were last year in London. The Stella dress totally rocked.

Meghan's veil was gorgeous.

Last edited:
This was my dress (this is not me, I looked a lot happier!) and my tiara was handmade. I'll have to try and dig it out, it was really simple but pretty. Maybe I'll start wearing it again, y'know, for doing housework and sleuthing and stuff :p

upload_2019-5-19_23-6-59.png

I found this article comparing the 4 tiaras very informative. The tiaras for recent brides Gabriella, Meghan, Eugenie, and also Kate are shown, compared and priced. It's probably been posted before, but who can keep up here.

I thought Lady Gabriella's dress was exquisite, she was radiant, and the whole event looked so joyous and gorgeous. Everyone was beautiful and happy. My favorite look was actually Pippa, love the dress and headpiece and color.

I think Gabriella's dress and tiara are my favourite of the lot! They all look gorgeous but that would be the combo I would pick.

Just look at her!!

upload_2019-5-19_23-10-37.png

:rolleyes: can never have enough tiara stories linked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member