Meet & Greet for New Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have good luck with the new search platform even with really unique search terms.

I suggest going to google and searching for what you want with websleuths after it.

So "McStay Murders Websleuths" for example. This is the quickest way I've found to find what I'm looking for.

Welcome back.

Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to join to see if I can help on anything. I guess we all imagine that we'll help solve something, even if we just contribute a small detail. Cheers!
I feel that group thought and focus bring positive energy to a case. I don't look at every case but some just hit me a certain way and I want to help. Joining a SAR group and volunteering time is the best thing I could think of. But just discussing and sharing ideas are a great thing. You will likely help solve a case. Many different people with different thought processes are combining here.

Hi, I'm new here. Located in Pittsburgh pa
I grew up in butler pa and in the late 80s early 90s a woman named Peggy Ann Vogel was murdered. A man named Gary Meinert was convicted of the killing but a witness saw a stocky man with who she thought was peggy late the night of the murder. Meinert was tall and rangy. Also the bloody shoe prints were smaller than Meinerts shoe size. I have always wondered about this case and think Meinerts wife railroaded him because they were in the middle of a divorce. Thoughts?

Can you link a newspaper article about this? Part of the beauty of WebSleuths is backing up opinion with facts.

Was there a thread about this murder?

I’m new to the WS community and glad to be here to learn and more importantly, converse about matters that have been forgotten or simply lost. I’ve worked in law enforcement for six years now and am positioned towards the end line of exposure to personal data concerning convictions, but I’m tired of not doing enough and the complacency has driven me here to a core of exposure. I look forward to interacting with members and more so towards working together.
I’m a WS Boot too, GoneHammie, nice to meet you! It’s always an honour to meet anyone in LE and I look forward to your thoughts and ideas. To me, WS is fortunate to have such invested and concerned members, which was why I lurked, reading, for so long. WS is like an internet neighbourhood canvass, where much can be gleaned

I’m new to the WS community and glad to be here to learn and more importantly, converse about matters that have been forgotten or simply lost. I’ve worked in law enforcement for six years now and am positioned towards the end line of exposure to personal data concerning convictions, but I’m tired of not doing enough and the complacency has driven me here to a core of exposure. I look forward to interacting with members and more so towards working together.
Please look at the Julia Niswender thread. An EMU coed murdered in her off campus apartment six years ago. Her grandparents are desperate for help. Thank you in advance.

Hi there. We're always excited to have LE's perspective. If you become verified, you can post your expertise without having to provide MSM links. I hear it's a short, easy process.

Here's a link and Welcome to Websleuths!

Verified Professional and Insider Members

Hi all,
I am new to WS. I heard about this forum on a recent docu-series I watched on Amazon called The Killing Season. I was excited to hear that there was a site dedicated to expanding the arms of the investigators, and including the public.
I have a huge interest in forensics, human behavior, justice, doing the right thing and being helpful in anyway I can... I also like to investigate, and solve puzzles. That being said, I feel like this site is right up my alley!

Hi all,
I am new to WS. I heard about this forum on a recent docu-series I watched on Amazon called The Killing Season. I was excited to hear that there was a site dedicated to expanding the arms of the investigators, and including the public.
I have a huge interest in forensics, human behavior, justice, doing the right thing and being helpful in anyway I can... I also like to investigate, and solve puzzles. That being said, I feel like this site is right up my alley!
WELCOME!

Just introducing myself…

I'm an avid researcher, passionate about genealogy and cold cases.

I became passionate about cold cases, especially missing and unidentified persons when i was building my family tree. It all started 11 years ago, everything was going well until I got stuck with a great-great-grandfather. He vanished somewhere in South America and probably went to Mexico or the USA. Not being able to find him led me to all the missing persons and unidentified bodies websites worldwide. I still haven’t find my great-great-grandfather and, along with him, i now have I few more people (my pet cases) about whom I would like to have "my" questions answered and give them a name.

I probably won’t be of much help due to language barrier but i’ll give my best to express myself well.

Thanks for accepting my registration.

Blessings,
Pat

Hi Pat, and welcome!!

It sounds like you would be able to help on the unidentified forums, there are some amazing researchers on there who have found quite a few matches. Why don't you have a look at a couple of cases, you may find some you've already covered.

Here's the section of the forum with all the cases listed:
The Unidentified

Boa sorte!

Hi Pat, and welcome!!

It sounds like you would be able to help on the unidentified forums, there are some amazing researchers on there who have found quite a few matches. Why don't you have a look at a couple of cases, you may find some you've already covered.

Here's the section of the forum with all the cases listed:
The Unidentified

Boa sorte!

Hi and thank you!
I will have a look... I'm sure i'll have a lot to read for the next few weeks!

Obrigada CoverMeCagney! :)

Just introducing myself…

I'm an avid researcher, passionate about genealogy and cold cases.

I became passionate about cold cases, especially missing and unidentified persons when i was building my family tree. It all started 11 years ago, everything was going well until I got stuck with a great-great-grandfather. He vanished somewhere in South America and probably went to Mexico or the USA. Not being able to find him led me to all the missing persons and unidentified bodies websites worldwide. I still haven’t find my great-great-grandfather and, along with him, i now have I few more people (my pet cases) about whom I would like to have "my" questions answered and give them a name.

I probably won’t be of much help due to language barrier but i’ll give my best to express myself well.

Thanks for accepting my registration.

Blessings,
Pat
Hello Pat, very nice to meet you. I have a lot of varied interests but Websleuths and missing persons are among the top. A lot of these cases break my heart, but then there are others that prove that there is good in the world - it's all around us & that miracles do happen. I hope to run into you on the threads; will definitely be reading those of your missing family member(s) from your family tree. Registering here at Websleuths has given you access to some of the best sleuthers and I know they will do all that is within their power to assist you in your search.
Have a wonderful evening,
Melody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members