PA PA - Perry Co, Rte 322, WhtFem 15-38, 11UFPA, turquoise jewelry, clothes, Jun'79

Is this still in progress? I came across the UID, and was curious if she had been identified since there were so many details.

Is this still in progress? I came across the UID, and was curious if she had been identified since there were so many details.
No, I emailed the Agency that investigates the UID about Edna Thorne but they haven’t gotten back to me about anything. I think this could be Edna, she has natural brown hair but it was dyed blonde when she vanished.

I have two possibilities from PA:

1. Edna Christine Thorne
upload_2019-3-30_20-17-7.jpeg

Date Missing: June 24th 1975

Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Hair: Brown; dyed blonde at the time

Eyes: Brown

Race: Caucasian

Height: 5’0”

Weight: 105 lbs

DNA: Samples Submitted - Tests Complete

Dentals: Available
——————————————————

Wendy Eaton
upload_2019-3-30_20-16-22.jpeg

Date Missing: May 17th 1975

Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Race: Caucasian

Height: 4’10”

Weight: 90 lbs

DNA: Samples Submitted- Tests Complete

Dentals: Available

The outfit she was wearing is interesting. It seems rather fashionable for a runaway, a longer haul hitchhiker,etc.

It's one thing that's throwing me a bit. I definitely see the resemblance to Edna. I can see how the jewelry would make people think.of Simone too.

Norma Louise Houghland was known to wear turquoise jewelry and her statistics match up well with the UID. Her photos even resemble the newest artistic rendering of what the UID might have looked like. However, Norma disappeared from CA and had her two young sons with her, so I don't know how she'd end up in PA unless someone took her there. Neither Norma nor her sons have ever been seen again.
Norma Louise Houghland – The Charley Project

That really looks possible.

one thing that seems a little unusual is the type of clothing for mid July. Pants, a jacket, the booties for a drive to escape heat? Of course, she could have headed north, or to higher elevation & changed.....course

are there any UIDs nearby that could be her sons?

Norma Louise Houghland was known to wear turquoise jewelry and her statistics match up well with the UID. Her photos even resemble the newest artistic rendering of what the UID might have looked like. However, Norma disappeared from CA and had her two young sons with her, so I don't know how she'd end up in PA unless someone took her there. Neither Norma nor her sons have ever been seen again.
Norma Louise Houghland – The Charley Project

She was driving in her own car with the boys. When somebody disappears with a vehicle I tend to assume they probably drove into a body of water or off a steep bank in trees and just haven't bee found, but really she could have traveled anywhere.

Does anybody think that Katherine Anderson might be a match? Here are the reasons I think it may be valid:
- Height/Weight Match, both had "petite" builds
- Age Match, Katherine was 24
- I see a strong resemblance to Katherine and JD in the nose
- Katherine went missing 4/20/79 and Jane Doe was found 6/20/79
- Katherine was last seen wearing a "silver bracelet, silver ring with blue stone and a silver band"
- Katherine was supposed to be leaving for Pennsylvania that night. Maybe something went wrong?

Does anybody think that Katherine Anderson might be a match? Here are the reasons I think it may be valid:
- Height/Weight Match, both had "petite" builds
- Age Match, Katherine was 24
- I see a strong resemblance to Katherine and JD in the nose
- Katherine went missing 4/20/79 and Jane Doe was found 6/20/79
- Katherine was last seen wearing a "silver bracelet, silver ring with blue stone and a silver band"
- Katherine was supposed to be leaving for Pennsylvania that night. Maybe something went wrong?

Katherine is on the list of rule-outs in NamUs

This Jane Doe's NamUs profile has been modified a few times in the last few weeks. It doesn't look like any missing persons have been added to the rule out list, but hoping they are trying to still figure out who she is.
Currently she has 68 rule outs The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I posted rule outs in 2012 she had 40+ at that time.

Any luck on this? Looking at the information, I do not think Edna is a match. I think it's more likely this in a native young woman we're looking for.
Hello, no I have not and I too have my doubts now as well. Edna was more likely killed by someone she knew and her body might not be recoverable. If you can, please elaborate on the indigenous woman you believe might be this young lady. Her being indigenous might explain why she’s been Unidentified for so long. Indigenous missing persons get so little of our attention.

Hello, no I have not and I too have my doubts now as well. Edna was more likely killed by someone she knew and her body might not be recoverable. If you can, please elaborate on the indigenous woman you believe might be this young lady. Her being indigenous might explain why she’s been Unidentified for so long. Indigenous missing persons get so little of our attention.

Edna's case breaks my heart - I do hope answers are not far away.

I have a few thoughts on Perry Co. Jane -

I think the estimate of her being as young as 15 may be a bit young for the amount, and the quality of jewelry she was wearing at TOD. I'd think she was older - at least early 20s.

We all know that composite sketches can be spot on, but they can also harm the investigation by encouraging the public to only look at certain types of people. Based on the fact she was left in the elements, it is not completely unlikely that her hair was sun-bleached to an extent. And of course, hair dyeing is not uncommon.

I do think this jewelry points to a wealthy, well-traveled young woman, a "hippy" type of woman, or an Indigenous woman. I just can't imagine a teenage, white girl wearing that caliber of jewelry on any given day.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's why we're here - to discuss!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back