The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

Screenshot_20190519-194929_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190422-172319_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve never seen this thread, so just been reading... speed reading/ scanning a lot too because, well, there are some early posts that are really, really long.
So initially I’m thinking, wth ? So I guess I have to ask, is this really a theory?

If so, PR would have to have been seriously mentally ill and very delusional, really out of touch with reality . Which doesn’t seem all that likely considering the extent she went to to cover it up. Did she just suddenly snap out of her delusional state right after the murder and become sane again?

Last edited:
"If so, PR would have to have been seriously mentally ill and very delusional, really out of touch with reality."

No.

"Which doesn’t seem all that likely considering the extent she went to to cover it up."

She didn't cover anything up, in fact she invited people in to see what she had one.

"Did she just suddenly snap out of her delusional state right after the murder and become sane again?"

No.

Let me get this straight. We know Patsy was a Muriel Spark fan how?

"If so, PR would have to have been seriously mentally ill and very delusional, really out of touch with reality."

No.

"Which doesn’t seem all that likely considering the extent she went to to cover it up."

She didn't cover anything up, in fact she invited people in to see what she had one.

"Did she just suddenly snap out of her delusional state right after the murder and become sane again?"

No.
I always believed she invited her friends over purposely to contaminate the crime scene.

I'd settle for a coherent paragraph defining the theory and who, if true, it implicates in JBR's murder.

Certainly lacking thus far in this hot mess, which makes Comet Ping Pong seem the citadel of reason.

Let me get this straight. We know Patsy was a Muriel Spark fan how?

Patsy Ramsey performed a dramatic reading from "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" in pageants. Hence, it may have been this particular book and not its author that interested PR.

From ACR during interview with TT and ST:
PR: “The Pride of Miss Jean Brody.” Well actual. . . no it wasn’t, actually what happened, uh, I did the Miss Jean Brody, I competed in high school with that and uh, placed nationally with it and then I had done that for Miss West Virginia and won with that and then when you go to Miss America you have to do through this..."

The book introduces pineapple cubes (in JB's GI tract) with cream served at fictional character Sandy's, as well as, Monica using an attache (RN) case where books were stored (blue suitcase with the adult Dr Seuss book inside), lesbianism, sex, etc.

I read about this topic, & watched the b&w movie, in order to develop a profile on PR since it was an important part of her life.

Bump. Typical thread started by Red Dragon aka Brothermoon aka Paradox (according to pbworks).

Undoubtedly Steve Thomas told Donald Foster about The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie's connection to Patsy. In Death of Innocence, we're told that Thomas questioned Patsy's friend Linda McLean about Patsy's dramatic readings. Foster would have discovered the references to the spelling of possession, the mention of attache' cases, etc. (It's unlikely, though, that Foster would ascribe much significance to pineapple. People don't eat pineapple because it's mentioned in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.) These observations would have made it into Foster's report along with other original observations we know about such as Patsy's penchant for acronyms and exclamation points, the appearance of and hence in the Ramsey 1997 Christmas letter, possible sources for the $118,000 in the ransom note, Patsy's two different kinds of a's and how those "a's" changed, Patsy's change to writing etcetera when she had always written etc. before and, of course, Foster's discovery of the origin of SBTC in Psalm 35 in the open Bible in the third floor study.

But as far as the observations about The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie in blogs on the internet, these seem to be wholly the original product of Brothermoon/Red Dragon. Putting them in a book without Brothermoon's permission would be unethical. It might also be illegal since there might be an implied copyright.

Last edited:
this is very interesting theory..... and wouldn't you know it, the day after i saw this thread (had never heard of this book), i see a reference to it in a biography book (on the beatles i believe.... can't remember who loved it)..

the pineapple is far-fetched...... she fed her kids pineapple and then denied it because it's in this book?.. that makes no sense. what if hamburgers or spaghetti were in the book?

the attache is interesting..... is that from the passages patsy read in the beauty contests? how many times is the word mentioned in the book?

i could be wrong, but i believe that book has child sexual allusions at the very least, somewhat like lolita....... plz plz correct me if i'm wrong.

not related to this book, but i think debated in recent thread comments.

it is bizarre that the PR called the police and didn't say to the police "hey, be careful, they said not to contact the police"......... then to to invite a cavalcade of friends over. i could see them phoning one friend and wife/husband to come over, i guess. but not phoning all kinds of people...... and then the missed ransom deadline seemed to have no significance to ramseys.

BPD really screwed up the crime scene..... it was still a major crime scene if it was a kidnapping. and that kidnapper could have easily been someone the R's knew very well.

not related to this book, but i think debated in recent thread comments.

it is bizarre that the PR called the police and didn't say to the police "hey, be careful, they said not to contact the police"......... then to to invite a cavalcade of friends over. i could see them phoning one friend and wife/husband to come over, i guess. but not phoning all kinds of people...... and then the missed ransom deadline seemed to have no significance to ramseys.

BPD really screwed up the crime scene..... it was still a major crime scene if it was a kidnapping. and that kidnapper could have easily been someone the R's knew very well.

Good point. Someone innocent would caution the police not to show up in black and whites, and wouldn't call a parade of friends and acquaintances over to the house. What were they there for? They weren't helping to find Jonbenet.

According to Steve Thomas, Priscilla White, responding to a gushy post-murder note from Patsy, said that they'd only known each other for two years, that they never loved each other.

Possession is a commonly misspelled word, but business is not, at least not in the ransom note way. A native English speaker isn't going to add an s because that changes the "i" sound to a short "u" and the pronunciation becomes "buss." And if you were to imagine how a foreign faction might misspell it, you'd change the u to an i and just leave out the unvoiced middle i, wouldn't you? (In fact, the u used to be an i or an e until the 15th century when it changed to u for reasons unclear to my OED.) It seems like busy and business are just two perversely spelled English words that almost everybody just successfully memorizes.

So right off the bat, the ransom note writer throws in a misspelling that says "this note is phony." The note went through several drafts (as can be inferred by the nine missing pages before the so-called practice note) so Patsy either liked bussiness so much she kept it in or she added it as a late inspiration. Is bussiness/posession a little haiku on how and why words with a doubled consonant, ss in this case, get misspelled--or don't. I think about this myself, but I wouldn't put it in a ransom note.

I think what's going on is she's saying "this note is phony and it's written by a lunkhead who has trouble with his ss's. It certainly isn't written by a magna *advertiser censored* laude journalism major. The guy you're looking for is sleeping upstairs." In fact, there is a writing of John's posted on the internet with such a misspelling: occassion.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back