Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was an internet rumor very early on. A young girl was interviewed by the news and when she talked about being friends with the girls, it somehow turned into the idea that she was supposed to have been with them. She wasn't.

This child is family. I have a personal note from her mother, my cousin, explaining the situation. I've seen this come up several times on this board. If a mod wants to contact me and see this proof then that's fine. I continue to be concerned that her name will leak out and that people will start speculating/sleuthing her.

I believe this was a rumor debunked by Becky Patty (LG's grandmother) herself on one of GH Q&A interview sessions with her, if people need to check.

7 degrees celsius/44.6 degrees Fahrenheit on the 13th was the high. That's not warm. BG's layers of clothing was weather appropriate, but, in my opinion, ill-fitting and baggy on him - obscuring his true physique. I'm not seeing a beer gut or thickness on the torso at all. His arms and legs appear to be pretty skinny, too.

In terms of the audio, the "Guys" doesn't sound like a casual passing greeting. He's not saying "Hey guys" as he passes. There's a definite inflection upwards and an expectation behind it. Which, to my untrained ear, sounds like an attempt to get the two girls to focus on him, to give him their attention. For me, it's not so much the word itself, but how it's employed. I do think it implies a sort of casual authority and does remind me of youth leaders at camp or teachers/coaches dealing with a group of kids. JMO

Has it ever been confirmed by LE or MSM that the property down the hill was actually empty that day? i.e. the one that the private road and the bridge lead to?

Did BG know this? And how did he know, if so?
All speculation, but, IMO BG didn't know that property was empty, and that's why he crossed the river, so he didn't have to walk by that house.
And IMO, that's also what makes me think that this crime was not planned at all.
If it was, then why didn't BG just wait on the northwest end of the bridge, hide and wait for them to return if he planned on ending up on that side of the river, rather than cross in the water getting his clothes wet and taking a chance that someone may have seen him in wet clothing?
As I posted before. I think it was a crime of opportunity, and he was carrying a gun for personal protection. I think once he had them cross the river, due to the open fields and houses, he was boxed in with no place to go and wasn't about to let them live as they were witnesses to kidnapping and to SA, if they were assaulted.

Thanks for the insight.

I don't think the girls knew BG.

I use the phrase "hey guys" all the time, its just generic language.

I don't think the hike on the bridge was purposeful or arranged so the killer knew the girls were going on a hike.

IMHO I think BG is an opportunist, saw these two girls and decided to strike. Random.

I think he is older than 16-19 yrs old and tried to appear harmless by using the term "hey guys".

We can use as much sage smudging as we like here but the facts remain the facts.

This is moo and speculation.

Agree with
You may be correct in the points you made but it was cold that night and cold into the morning of the 14th, too.
Weather in February 2017 in Delphi, Indiana, USA

Yes. Hypothemia cold.

Has there ever been a timeline of all activity in the case based on LE statements and/or family interviews? If so, could someone point me there please? I started one, but have so much to catch up on (the 10th thread till the Apr 22 PC) and I’m sure I’m missing things.

“This is very personal to me. And maybe it’s because I’m in the sunset of my career, but it’s the epitome of evil," Carter said. "Those two girls, once we tell you all we know about them you might understand a little bit more about why it’s so emotional, but I think of Abby and Libby all the time. I have their names etched in my desk.

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders

The recording was earlier described as “the stuff of nightmares” and now DC describes the murders as the “the epitome of evil”. This makes my blood run cold.

Carter has obviously been deeply touched by this case and I applaud his absolute dedication to finding this monster.

Has there ever been a timeline of all activity in the case based on LE statements and/or family interviews? If so, could someone point me there please? I started one, but have so much to catch up on (the 10th thread till the Apr 22 PC) and I’m sure I’m missing things.

A compressive timeline such as that, no, not that I’m aware of. I think everyone thought the case was going to be solved all along. Therefore nobody had the ability to know something like that could’ve been a helpful resource two plus years later.

There’s media thread though, linked on every first page of each thread.

BBM

Good thought there, @SeattleStew! While it's possible that the suspect may have dropped by a well-known local thrift shop in Delphi (see link; mods, please delete if list is not okay to post), I'm thinking it more likely he went to one not so local -- but that's entirely MO. Were he to go to a Delphi thrift store, that would have increased the likelihood of workers there being interviewed by LE ("Do you recall having a customer who bought...?", etc.). Of course, am still thinking in terms of the suspect's being highly organized (note how carefully he managed to "cover" for himself; note how carefully he actually covered up himself with respect to tons of clothing) -- though I understand that each of us has a variety of opinions as to the suspect's MO. My amateur speculation only regarding the suspect's being an organized killer.

Goodwill Locations & Hours Near Delphi, IN - YP.com

(not just Goodwill stores, either, btw)

I think it's interesting to wonder why BG might have bought second hand clothes or sniped or "borrowed" someone else's clothing to wear that day. After all, threads and threads ago so many commented that BG was dressed "like so many others in the area" and looked "just like thousands of guys in the area" ... "is dressed like a typical Mid-western man," etc...

I think, by dressing in such a typical-for-the-area way, therein lies the answer to BG's disguise. It leads me to believe that, dressed that way, people who knew him might not recognize him. If they "know" BG as a guy who is typically seen wearing a uniform (any kind of uniform at all) or dressed more formally (dress pants and tailored shirts, for example; they might not recognize him... he would draw no attention to himself and people would see him out of context by his dressing "like everybody else."

I can see someone I "know" who works in a grocery store, for example. They've always got the store uniform on whenever I see them. If I pull up to the store and see them, even from a distance, in uniform, in the parking lot... I'll recognize them right away as long as I can see the uniform and the color and length of their hair. However, if I went to the beach and saw them in a bathing suit... or saw them at the botanical garden, 30 miles from my home and they were dressed casually then I'm not as apt to recognize them right away.

So, imo, dressing "typically" was his disguise because it's possible that whoever he is and whatever he does for work, people customarily only see him dressed for work; at work. Wearing baggy jeans and a dumpy-looking jacket, maybe a hoodie or hat... might feel, to him, like he's wearing a Halloween costume.

Yes. For example everyone knew that RL was out that day and not back till 6:30 p.m. when the searcher knocked at his door to ask permission to search. So why don't we know that about the property on the other side of the creek, which actually is more important as that was closer to where the girls were last seen and where the girls apparently went missing from. MOO

This may be a faulty memory so I'll ask: Does anyone else remember that LE searched that property at the end of the road under the bridge after getting in touch with the owners who were out of state at the time? It might also be something that was just commented on in a very early thread by locals who posted here on WS... I'm not sure but I seem to remember reading here that LE searched at least the outer buildings on that land.

I think it's interesting to wonder why BG might have bought second hand clothes or sniped or "borrowed" someone else's clothing to wear that day. After all, threads and threads ago so many commented that BG was dressed "like so many others in the area" and looked "just like thousands of guys in the area" ... "is dressed like a typical Mid-western man," etc...

I think, by dressing in such a typical-for-the-area way, therein lies the answer to BG's disguise. It leads me to believe that, dressed that way, people who knew him might not recognize him. If they "know" BG as a guy who is typically seen wearing a uniform (any kind of uniform at all) or dressed more formally (dress pants and tailored shirts, for example; they might not recognize him... he would draw no attention to himself and people would see him out of context by his dressing "like everybody else."

I can see someone I "know" who works in a grocery store, for example. They've always got the store uniform on whenever I see them. If I pull up to the store and see them, even from a distance, in uniform, in the parking lot... I'll recognize them right away as long as I can see the uniform and the color and length of their hair. However, if I went to the beach and saw them in a bathing suit... or saw them at the botanical garden, 30 miles from my home and they were dressed casually then I'm not as apt to recognize them right away.

So, imo, dressing "typically" was his disguise because it's possible that whoever he is and whatever he does for work, people customarily only see him dressed for work; at work. Wearing baggy jeans and a dumpy-looking jacket, maybe a hoodie or hat... might feel, to him, like he's wearing a Halloween costume.
It could well be something like that.

Here's my twist on that: BG isn't wearing shorts.

Around where I live in the northeast, it has become somewhat faddish for boys and men under 40 yo to put on the shorts, even in the dead of winter, as soon as the sun comes out. Looks to be some kind of manliness thing.

Maybe he is not recognized because he isn't wearing shorts, and everybody who knows him would expect him to be wearing shorts on a day like that day.

I agree.

He used a disguise.

I believe he had them fooled with his disguise until Abby realized that the guy coming at them on the bridge had suddenly altered his appearance and was the same guy they had seen earlier.

That is why she started to video him.

A compressive timeline such as that, no, not that I’m aware of. I think everyone thought the case was going to be solved all along. Therefore nobody had the ability to know something like that could’ve been a helpful resource two plus years later.

There’s media thread though, linked on every first page of each thread.
Thanks! Got a lot to read/watch I suppose.

This may be a faulty memory so I'll ask: Does anyone else remember that LE searched that property at the end of the road under the bridge after getting in touch with the owners who were out of state at the time? It might also be something that was just commented on in a very early thread by locals who posted here on WS... I'm not sure but I seem to remember reading here that LE searched at least the outer buildings on that land.
Yes.
I remember that.

I agree.

He used a disguise.

I believe he had them fooled with his disguise until Abby realized that the guy coming at them on the bridge had suddenly altered his appearance and was the same guy they had seen earlier.

That is why she started to video him.

I think the girls would have discussed it while filming if he was disguising himself...that would be a most unusual sight.

I think the girls would have discussed it while filming if he was disguising himself...that would be a most unusual sight.
It would be an unusual sight!

But if it was an unbelievably good disguise then I believe that when they first saw him, they didn't realize that he was in a disguise.

I think that is part of the reason why the audio before the crime took place has not been released. They are discussing why he suddenly looked so different.

Edited for poor punctuation and to add
'JMO'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads