TX TX - Kimberly Norwood, 12, Hallsville, 20 May 1989

Bumping Kim's thread on this, the 27th anniversary of her disappearance.

Gone but never forgotten.

From the Help Find Kimberly Norwood Facebook Page:

Kimberly's photo is shown age-progressed to 40 years. She was last seen on May 20th, 1989 at about 5:15 p.m. by her friends as they were all walking home. She and her three friends split up approximately one mile from the child's home and she has not been seen since. She was wearing a white T-shirt with the cartoon character Milk Dude and red and black cows on the front, dark blue jeans, and black Keds tennis shoes. She was also wearing a black bow in her hair, a SWATCH watch, and a gold ring with an aquamarine stone. Kimberly has an abdominal surgery scar and pierced ears.

Please share...Thank You!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Norwood.jpg
    Norwood.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 66
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...of-missing-person-11178449.php#photo-12984333
May 27, 2017
Kimberly Norwood vanished on the way home in Hallsville 28 years ago.

Norwood, who was 12 at the time, became separated from her friends about a mile from the house and hasn't been seen since May 20, 1989.

Norwood and three friends split up at about 5:15 p.m. that day. She was wearing a white T-shirt with the cartoon character Milk Dude and red and black cows on the front, dark blue jeans, and black Keds tennis shoes.

The girl was also wearing a black bow in her hair, a SWATCH watch, and a gold ring with an aquamarine stone. Kimberly has an abdominal surgery scar and pierced ears.

"We would love to put an answer to this and see if we can help the family," Webb said.

Anyone with information about Norwood's disappearance may call the Harrison County Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigation Division at (903) 923-4000 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST).
attachment.php

Attachments

• 920x920.jpg
    920x920.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 45
http://www.kswo.com/story/38234441/balloons-were-released-for-a-missing-person

The family of Kimberly Norwood gathered in Marshall to keep hope alive that somehow answers can be found concerning her disappearance.

Norwood was just 12-years-old when she disappeared from Hallsville, on the evening of May 20, 1989,"It doesn't sound real to say 29 years I mean. I just want to ask everybody to keep the prayers coming for us and Kim and keep positive thoughts," says Kim's mother Janice Norwood.

Charley Project

After doing some research, I am shocked to find the following cases in TX., around the time of Amber's abduction/murder.

Tasha Wright-Missing since '89-Dallas, Tx. -10 yrs.old.....Last seen walking to a friends house.

Jenna Robbins-Missing since '89-Killeen, Tx.-9 yrs. old...Last seen walking with a friend-offered ride from white male, 20's...she accepted, friend refused.

Kimberly Norwood-Missing since '89-Hallsville, Tx.-12 yrs. old...Last seen walking home.

Angelica Gandara-Missing since '89-Temple, Tx.-12 yrs. old...Last seen in a white pick-up with unknown white male & female.

Amber Hagerman-Missing since '96-Arlington, Tx.-9 yrs. old....Last seen in parking lot being shoved into black pick-up by male.

BBM-

All abductions in '89 (except Ambers)..all around the same age as Amber...all walking except Angelica (& Amber) and she may have accepted a ride. We also have a string of toddler cases, in TX. in the '80's-early 90's that fit a pattern IMO.

Ara Johnson-Missing since '86-Big Sandy, Tx.- 5 yrs. old...Last seen in her bedroom asleep.

Pam Mayfield-Missing since '85-Houston, Tx.-5 yrs. old...Last seen walking home from school with her brother Michael after school.

Megan Garner-Missing since '91-Tyler, Tx.-3 yrs. old....Last seen at a playground near her home.

Amber Crum-Missing since '83-Dallas, Tx.-2 yrs. old....Last seen in truck outside of convenient store.

Desiree Carroll-Missing since '83- Kosse, Tx.-2 yrs. old......Last seen near her home.

BBM-IMO- of course, these are only females...trying to find a pattern or MO of a perp. here.

I posted this on another thread a while back… Thought I would post here as well. Very disturbing how similar these all are. Bumping for all of these girls! MOO

Kimberly Rachelle Norwood – The Charley Project

Kimberly Rachelle Norwood
  • kimberly_rachelle_norwood_1.jpg
  • kimberly_rachelle_norwood_2.jpg
  • kimberly_rachelle_norwood_3.jpg
  • kimberly_rachelle_norwood_4.jpg
Kimberly, circa 1989; Age-progression to age 40 (circa 2016)

• Missing Since05/20/1989
  • Missing FromHallsville, Texas
  • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
  • Date of Birth10/12/1976 (42)
  • Age12 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4 - 5'5, 95 - 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white t-shirt with a teddy bear design or Milk Duds images and red and black cows imprinted on it, dark blue or black button-fly jeans, white socks, black Keds sneakers, a black hair bow, a Swatch watch, and some rings, including a gold ring with an aquamarine stone.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Kimberly has a two-inch scar on her abdomen from kidney surgery. Her ears are pierced. She is right-handed. Her nicknames are Kim and Kimbo.
Details of Disappearance
Kimberly was last seen at approximately 5:15 p.m. in her hometown of Hallsville, Texas. She was walking with three friends in the Caney Creek Estates subdivision at the time. The four children went their separate ways less than one mile from Kimberly's family's house. She never arrived home and has never been heard from again.

Less than an hour before her disappearance, Kimberly had an argument with her mother over the telephone because her mother refused to let her spend the night at a friend's home. She is not believed to have run away from home, however; her parents think she was abducted. They theorize that the kidnapper(s) lived nearby, because the subdivision where she vanished is rural and densely wooded and a person unfamiliar with the area could become lost easily.

The home where Kimberly resided at the time of her disappearance has since been torn down, but her parents live in another house close by. She was within two weeks of graduating Hallsville Middle School at the time she went missing, and was due to enter Hallsville Junior High School in the fall. She was a good student who had tested into accelerated learning classes.

Kimberly's hobbies in 1989 included horseback riding and spending time with her friends and her sister. Her case remains unsolved and is classified as a non-family abduction.

Something tells me she was abducted. Don't think she run away.

Jan 25 2019
6 Women STILL Missing From East Texas
"Something has to be done. Someone knows something. People don't just VANISH into thin air. It is your moral obligation to say something...if you know something."
Kim Norwood
kimberlynorwood1.jpg

Kimberly Norwood (Facebook)

Kimberly Norwood was walking with three friends in the Caney Creek Estates subdivision of Hallsville in 1989 and vanished when the friends separated less than one mile from her parent's home.

Her family believes she was abducted, and although the home is now torn down, they still live close by and are hopeful for closure. The Marshall News Messenger did a follow-up story on the 29th anniversary of her disappearance, noting that investigators are still actively investigating leads.

30 years gone today.

My thoughts are with Kim today, wondering what happened to her and where she is. My prayers are with her family, I know a milestone such as this brings back old feelings and gives them a new sting. One day they will have answers, whether it’s in this life or the next remains to be seen.

30 years gone today.

My thoughts are with Kim today, wondering what happened to her and where she is. My prayers are with her family, I know a milestone such as this brings back old feelings and gives them a new sting. One day they will have answers, whether it’s in this life or the next remains to be seen.
I read upthread in post #29 that DNA was done. This was Kimberly’s DNA correct? Not the DNA of any suspect? Have there been any recent searches in the past 5 years or so of the mines or local landscape?

I read upthread in post #29 that DNA was done. This was Kimberly’s DNA correct? Not the DNA of any suspect? Have there been any recent searches in the past 5 years or so of the mines or local landscape?

Yes, Kim's DNA. No recent searches, I'm pretty sure they've turned over every leaf, log, and stone they could in their search.

Kimberly wanted to spend the night but Moms radar was on alert, so she wasn’t allowed to and started to head home. Who else wanted her to spend the night??? The Dad of the friend? An older brother of the friend? It would not be alarming if someone she knew pulled up beside her and offered her “a ride home.” Maybe another neighbor who happened to be driving by?

“They theorize that the kidnapper(s) lived nearby, because the subdivision where she vanished is rural and densely wooded and a person unfamiliar with the area could become lost easily.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back