PA - Rachael DelTondo, 33, killed in mother's driveway on Mother's Day, Alquippa, 2018

RSBM

That's interesting. I didn't know that.

What I also find interesting that the ex-fiance's father was an Aliquippa cop.

August 16, 2016 / Beaver County Radio

Aliquippa’s new k-9 vehicle was delivered Sunday afternoon during the San Rocco celebration, according to Police Chief Don Couch. Frank Catroppa, CEO of Coast to Coast Communications donated the vehicle, and officers memorialized on the vehicle are: Willie Peluso, Jimmy Naim, Joe Catroppa, Frank’s late father, Ralph Pastine, and Chief William Alston.. Chief Couch tells Beaver County Radio News Correspondent Sandy Giordano that the police department, city and residents are grateful to Frank. He said, “We’re proud of his success, and remembering his hometown.” Officer Jim Brown is Cato’s handler.

BBM
Aliquippa K-9 Officer Gets A New Vehicle - Beaver County Radio
Yeah this case has to be one of the strangest ones I have ever followed. So many LE officers suspended and/or caught for wrongdoing plus almost every player has some sort of tie to the Aliquippa PD. I hope the other PD that took over the case can resolve it.

It really does. I wonder why 48 Hours glossed over some of the incidents in this case. Why didn’t they mention or interview the policeman (father of her young 19 year old friend) who was the one who caught her and Jeter in the car and who also was suspended from the force the night of her murder?

Also why didn’t they delve into her being an informant for the State Police? I didn’t quite understand if that was a figment of her imagination or if the State Police were actually talking to her prior to her murder.

So many unanswered questions.

The 48 hrs show did mention her working with the state police. They interviewed the journalist from the local news (Beaver Countian) web site who had been reporting on her story. He had been interviewing her months before her murder and knew she was talking to state police.

I don't recall the part of the story about the policeman who caught her with her younger boyfriend being the boy's father. Do you have a link? TIA

ETA: Same as in the post above, I only recall her older ex-boyfriend had a father who was a policeman. He was the one believed to have pressured police to give his son (the older ex) a copy of the police report of her being with the younger bf.

Yeah this case has to be one of the strangest ones I have ever followed. So many LE officers suspended and/or caught for wrongdoing plus almost every player has some sort of tie to the Aliquippa PD. I hope the other PD that took over the case can resolve it.

Beaver County Detective Bureau? I'd like to think they could resolve it ... and several more. Check out Beaver County Crime Solvers. And this isn't even a complete list. Notice Karen Adams (missing from Independence Twp) isn't on it, probably since the FBI got involved in her case.
Beaver County Crime Solvers

The 48 hrs show did mention her working with the state police. They interviewed the journalist from the local news (Beaver Countian) web site who had been reporting on her story. He had been interviewing her months before her murder and knew she was talking to state police.

I don't recall the part of the story about the policeman who caught her with her younger boyfriend being the boy's father. Do you have a link? TIA
He's the father of the girl RD went to the ice cream shop with, she was driving.

He is accused of sending an inappropriate video in a group message that included Lauren Watkins, daughter of Aliquippa police Sgt. Kenneth Watkins and possible witness in the Mother’s Day murder of 33-year-old Rachael DelTondo.

Watkins was 17 at the time the video was sent, but is now 18 years old. Police discovered the video when searching the teen’s phone while investigating the DelTondo homicide.

[...]

″(The prosecution’s) witness, Lauren, who they believe is the victim in this case, will testify that she was threatened that if she didn’t cooperate they were going to arrest her father,” Townsend said.

Townsend would not say who threatened Lauren Watkins but said that information would likely come out in the preliminary hearing.

“I think once we have the hearing, it’s going to be quite clear that this was politically motivated,” he said.

Court action delayed in case against assistant police chief

Help me... whatever happened to her ice cream friend? I can't remember reading anything about her/him

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nothing happened to her. She was interviewed on the 48hrs program. She was spreading some rumors about Rachel, alleging she "thought" Rachel had been doing drugs. No one else who knew Rachel believed that.

He's the father of the girl RD went to the ice cream shop with, she was driving.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. That explains why Lauren Watkins was saying unfounded, negative things about Rachel in her 48 Hours interview. She may be protecting her father.

I found it suspicious that the police officer, Lauren's father, didn't write up a police report about the incident until a year later, when Rachel's ex-boyfriend began snooping around for information about the alleged incident before getting her fired from her teaching job. IIRC from the interview, it was Lauren who first told the ex-boyfriend about it and set off the series of events that culminated in Rachel's murder.

interview, it was Lauren who first told the ex-boyfriend about it and set off the series of events that culminated in Rachel's murder.

No, it was JG, the one who was boo-hooing crocodile tears (LW was dry-eyed and totally unbelievable, i.e., the side door).

JG: I just broke down in tears and I said, "Please ask her. Ask her what she was doing in the car … with some kid at night." And I told him [crying].
Rachael DelTondo murder: Did a secret lead to the killing of the Aliquippa, Pa., teacher?

Edited to put in correct quote.

ETA: Same as in the post above, I only recall her older ex-boyfriend had a father who was a policeman. He was the one believed to have pressured police to give his son (the older ex) a copy of the police report of her being with the younger bf.
I know they interviewed the journalist about her working with the state police but the impression I got was that he was not 100% positive that it was true. They didn’t interview the state police and never mentioned it again so I was left wondering what happened as that would be very crucial to her case if she had been an official informant for the state police.

As to the 19 year old Lauren’s father here is a quote with link from the very first page of this thread:

Aliquippa Police Chief Donald Couch is seeking to have action taken against an officer in his department for allegedly engaging in unprofessional conduct that could have contaminated the DelTondo murder crime scene, according to documents obtained by the Beaver Countian.

Aliquippa Police Say Deltondo Murder Crime Scene "Could Have Been Contaminated" By One Of Their Officers - BeaverCountian.com

Beaver County Detective Bureau? I'd like to think they could resolve it ... and several more. Check out Beaver County Crime Solvers. And this isn't even a complete list. Notice Karen Adams (missing from Independence Twp) isn't on it, probably since the FBI got involved in her case.
Beaver County Crime Solvers
Geeze! What is going on in that area? How can such a small town have so many unsolved murders?

BBM: Frank's father, Joseph P. Catroppa, died in 2002 so there's no way he pressured police to give Frank the report.

"Ms. DelTondo’s former fiance, Frank Catroppa, who was questioned in her death, is the son of Joseph P. Catroppa, an Aliquippa policeman"
From: A young woman's murder rekindles distrust of police in Aliquippa

Joseph Catroppa, Jr (1948-2002) - Find A Grave...

It's very strange that after the show aired one of the key players in this story was found unconscious on the side of the road, he was revived with narcan. I have a theory based off of statements from the 48 hours show. The boy who she had a relationship with was said to be very jealous and aggressive. He came to the home pounding on windows, texted and called excessively, and she was involved with his brother. the shooter was able to get close so it was possible that she knew them. He knew where she was the night of the shooting and was out with friends in a car. Is it possible in a jealous fit of rage he committed the crime?

Then take the drug aspect of it. If she were involved in drugs, word was all over the place that she was talking to police. Could it have been a crime to keep her quiet?

I feel someone from the Jeter family has more involvement than we know. It's weird her supposed protector was out of town the night it happened of all nights? One of the brothers recently was arrested for illegal possession of a firearm.

The whole story does not sit well with me It's very strange for a grown woman to be hanging around with highschool age people. The part of her exposing corruption sounds like a made up tale and considering the circumstances with her and her mental health I have a hard time believing it. the web that is this crime is very tangled. I feel horrible for her family. I hope this crime is solved but it seems unlikely.

But his attorney claims he was drinking earlier in the evening.

Attorneys, police react to '48 Hours' episode
Yes but Narcan doesn’t work on alcohol poisoning. The fact that he was totally unresponsive (with eyes wide open) yet came to and was able to yell at the cops and walk away once they gave him Narcan seemingly speaks for itself. The attorney says he took a drug test and passed. Let’s see those results. I just have a hard time believing it was alcohol based on the description of what occurred when they found him on the side of the road.

interview, it was Lauren who first told the ex-boyfriend about it and set off the series of events that culminated in Rachel's murder.

No, it was JG, the one who was boo-hooing crocodile tears (LW was dry-eyed and totally unbelievable, i.e., the side door).

JG: I just broke down in tears and I said, "Please ask her. Ask her what she was doing in the car … with some kid at night." And I told him [crying].
Rachael DelTondo murder: Did a secret lead to the killing of the Aliquippa, Pa., teacher?

Edited to put in correct quote.

Thanks for that clarification. I got them mixed up. Will have to go back and watch it again.

BBM: Frank's father, Joseph P. Catroppa, died in 2002 so there's no way he pressured police to give Frank the report.

"Ms. DelTondo’s former fiance, Frank Catroppa, who was questioned in her death, is the son of Joseph P. Catroppa, an Aliquippa policeman"
From: A young woman's murder rekindles distrust of police in Aliquippa

Joseph Catroppa, Jr (1948-2002) - Find A Grave...

Thanks! I was distracted watching the show. It was Frank who went to the police station and pressured the police to give him the copy of the police report. It seems so odd it took them a year to write it up.

This case really needs a timeline to understand it. It seems the chain of events started when JG and Rachel got into a fight over the drugs allegation. JG got revenge by telling Frank C about the incident when Rachel was found sitting in a car with the young man. Frank C then passed it around on social media, eventually sharing it with Rachel's employer. What a nasty bunch of "friends" Rachel had. It doesn't sound like she did anything to bring this on herself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back