Midwest States - IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, SD, ND, NE, WI, OH - Weather Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flooding here. The Illinois side is in a bit better shape than Iowa because we built a flood wall after the flood of 93. Davenport Iowa refused to - said clean up was less costly than the prevention, so they are under water now. I heard one of the buildings actually collapsed.

Mississippi sets all-time record, worse than “Great Flood of ’93”

We've had a lot of rain recently here in this part of KY but today was beautiful. I'm glad. I can't take another flood. Glad we're not in the path of anything bad.

Okay haven’t read the entire thread yet. But it’s pouring rain where I am in Michigan and I am in the middle of moving ugh

I always try to plan moving for the coldest days of the year, or the hottest days of the year. It makes it so much more miserable. Rain, great work!

I get it! Sometimes it’s out of your hands. My house sold in early February which was miserably cold here. I love my new place. Just need to get done. 2 more days. And 2 dogs that need to behave lol.

I get it! Sometimes it’s out of your hands. My house sold in early February which was miserably cold here. I love my new place. Just need to get done. 2 more days. And 2 dogs that need to behave lol.

I recently applied for a job, making more money, but we would have to move out of a house we have lived in for 20 years...and it is in a much warmer climate, this last winter was just too cold!

However, it is sort of like, if I get the job, great. If I don't, great!

Okay haven’t read the entire thread yet. But it’s pouring rain where I am in Michigan and I am in the middle of moving ugh
Yes, the thunderstorms are doing what the snow did this winter, pretending to be done and then coming back again. I’m going to have to bale hay next time we finally get a chance to mow because it’s been weeks.

Ben Bailey: How and why we decide to interrupt programming for severe weather

Nothing upsets me more than watching a game or show on TV and having it interrupted for "important information" that doesn't affect me.

I've been on both ends of this -- as a viewer and as a broadcaster. In fact, I remember vividly the most recent times I've had to break into programming. One of which we just refer to as the "This Is Us Incident." ...

Ben Bailey: How and why we decide to interrupt programming for severe weather

Nothing upsets me more than watching a game or show on TV and having it interrupted for "important information" that doesn't affect me.

I've been on both ends of this -- as a viewer and as a broadcaster. In fact, I remember vividly the most recent times I've had to break into programming. One of which we just refer to as the "This Is Us Incident." ...
Around here, breaking in saves lives - literally. I'm more than happy to miss a show or two if it means safety for my neighbors in the viewing area. I would hope they would do the same for me. No TV program is worth human lives. (sorry, passionate storm spotter/weather safety advocate here)

Our local stations will have a crawler and map giving information on the warned areas, and break in during commercials to give updates. But if there's a tornado on the ground they go to continuous coverage. Then they re-broadcast the missed programs overnight so people can watch/DVR.

It is actually 40 outside right now. Two weeks ago I started putting away winter clothing. Good thing it was still in the plastic box by my closet.
Same here. I started keeping seasonal stuff in clear tubs under my bed so it’s easy to grab something. And I leave a few lightweight sweaters in the drawer until July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie