KS KS - Alex LaRussa, 25, Salina, 8 Dec 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Alex Michael LaRussa, 25, was last seen around 9:30 p.m. on Friday, December 8, 2017, in the area of E. Iron Ave. and Ohio St. He was driving a tan 2004 Ford Explorer with Kansas tags at the time.

His family reported him missing about a week later.

LaRussa, 25, stands approximately 6'2" tall and weighs around 175 lbs. He has black hair and brown eyes. He is missing his left leg.

26-Jan-Alex-LaRussa.jpg

http://www.wibw.com/content/news/Salina-police-searching-for-missing-25-year-old-471305844.html

Alex Michael LaRussa, 25, was last seen around 9:30 p.m. on Friday, December 8, 2017, in the area of E. Iron Ave. and Ohio St. He was driving a tan 2004 Ford Explorer with Kansas tags at the time.

His family reported him missing about a week later.

LaRussa, 25, stands approximately 6'2" tall and weighs around 175 lbs. He has black hair and brown eyes. He is missing his left leg.

View attachment 129296

http://www.wibw.com/content/news/Salina-police-searching-for-missing-25-year-old-471305844.html
The article says he was reported missing by his family a week after December 8, 2017. Wow, he"s been missing for well over a month.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Police say that on Friday, December 15th, Alex Michael LaRussa was reported to the Salina Police Department as a missing person by his family. LaRussa was last seen on Friday, December 8th, in the area of Iron and Ohio at about 9:30 p.m. LaRussa was driving a tan 2004 Ford Explorer with Kansas tags at the time of his disappearance.

Pic below is last sighting on Dec 8.

https://www.ksal.com/police-seeking-missing-man/
f68692171eaf426ceca08824d696986e.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

JUL 18, 2018
MISSING IN KANSAS: Search for Alex LaRussa
[...]

Kelli briefly saw Alex on Dec. 8, 2017 – the day he vanished. She said it’s unusual for months to have gone by with no contact with her son. When Alex wasn’t there for Christmas, she believed something terrible happened.

“It's really it's really not good to not have any answers,” she said. “You know, don't know anything. Yeah, absolutely nothing except for rumors.”

TIMELINE
Alex had gone through a tough year. Here’s a timeline of events we’ve been able to confirm with Salina Police.

July 4, 2017: On July 4, he ended up hurting his leg and needed it amputated. Not long after, he moved from Great Bend to Salina.

Dec. 8, 2017: He was last seen on this day. He visited his mom and was near a Wal-Mart at one point. Around 9:30 p.m., he was in an area of Iron and Ohio and drove a tan 2004 Ford Explorer with Kansas tags.

Jan. 14, 2018: The vehicle Alex was driving was found on a farm in New Cambria, Kan., in northeast Saline County. Salina Police Det. Andrew Ziegler confirms a cell phone, clothing and wheelchair were found in the vehicle, among other items.

Since then, Ziegler said the department has conducted ground searches to find Alex, yet they have not been able to find him. Alex’s family fears foul play.

[...]

"That's all you think about all day, every day, all day,” Colleen said. “It never goes way never goes out of your head. No matter what you're doing. Even when you're with other people. It's just always right there, and it's very painful.”

“And that's what's been the hardest thing is to try to accept that I don't ever…I don't get to tell him bye. I don't get to tell him. I love you anymore,” Kelli said.

Police and the family believe someone knows exactly what happened to Alex. They’re hoping that person will come forward so they can find the now 26-year-old.

[...]

JUL 18, 2018
MISSING IN KANSAS: Search for Alex LaRussa
[...]

Kelli briefly saw Alex on Dec. 8, 2017 – the day he vanished. She said it’s unusual for months to have gone by with no contact with her son. When Alex wasn’t there for Christmas, she believed something terrible happened.

“It's really it's really not good to not have any answers,” she said. “You know, don't know anything. Yeah, absolutely nothing except for rumors.”

TIMELINE
Alex had gone through a tough year. Here’s a timeline of events we’ve been able to confirm with Salina Police.

July 4, 2017: On July 4, he ended up hurting his leg and needed it amputated. Not long after, he moved from Great Bend to Salina.

Dec. 8, 2017: He was last seen on this day. He visited his mom and was near a Wal-Mart at one point. Around 9:30 p.m., he was in an area of Iron and Ohio and drove a tan 2004 Ford Explorer with Kansas tags.

Jan. 14, 2018: The vehicle Alex was driving was found on a farm in New Cambria, Kan., in northeast Saline County. Salina Police Det. Andrew Ziegler confirms a cell phone, clothing and wheelchair were found in the vehicle, among other items.

Since then, Ziegler said the department has conducted ground searches to find Alex, yet they have not been able to find him. Alex’s family fears foul play.

[...]

"That's all you think about all day, every day, all day,” Colleen said. “It never goes way never goes out of your head. No matter what you're doing. Even when you're with other people. It's just always right there, and it's very painful.”

“And that's what's been the hardest thing is to try to accept that I don't ever…I don't get to tell him bye. I don't get to tell him. I love you anymore,” Kelli said.

Police and the family believe someone knows exactly what happened to Alex. They’re hoping that person will come forward so they can find the now 26-year-old.

[...]
I'd like to know who owns the farm in New Cambria and what that person said about the truck. IE: when did the farmer discover it? Was it hidden?

Doesn't seem like this young man could have traveled far on one leg. If it was self harm, certainly he has to be nearby.

I'd like to know who owns the farm in New Cambria and what that person said about the truck. IE: when did the farmer discover it? Was it hidden?

Doesn't seem like this young man could have traveled far on one leg. If it was self harm, certainly he has to be nearby.
I agree, however, I don't think we know that a farmer discovered the vehicle - just that it was found on a farm about five weeks after he was last seen.
MOO

I agree, however, I don't think we know that a farmer discovered the vehicle - just that it was found on a farm about five weeks after he was last seen.
MOO
Yes, you're right. But how did LE discover it? A lead, a phone call? And why a farm in New Cambria? Did he know someone in the area? Lots not known.

Yes, you're right. But how did LE discover it? A lead, a phone call? And why a farm in New Cambria? Did he know someone in the area? Lots not known.
Unfortunately, we don't know. I sure hope LE does. New Cambria is just 7 miles from Salina so it's very possible he knew someone there.
MOO

ETA map: Google Maps

So much here we don't know.
His leg is amputated above the knee, but the wheelchair was found. Were there footstep prints around the truck? Any sign of another vehicle? Anyone see another vehicle? Any prints on the truck? what is estimate for the time the truck sat there? Was it out of gas? Neighbors see anything or anyone that didn't belong?

I'm friends with his uncle and unfortunately there still isn't much info on the case. This is a screenshot from his uncles page when he first found out he was missing. If I remember correctly, he had gotten into an argument with his gf and they were worried about his mental health status.
Aren't there Indian Burial Grounds nearby? Are caves a part of the burial grounds?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back