Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

Just thinking it may have been impulsive to get drugs. She was calm when they entered the room. IF she hadn't been raped maybe it was because he hadn't found a buyer yet.

I realize its atypical but it would limit her trauma.

[bbm]

where did you read this?

Fort Worth Police Chief Joel Fitzgerald fired Monday

Fort Worth Police Chief Joel Fitzgerald fired Monday Fort Worth Police Chief Joel Fitzgerald fired Monday

Wow, he just gave a press conference yesterday.
upload_2019-5-20_13-55-29.png
Fort Worth Police Chief Joel Fitzgerald has been fired from the department.

“I’m fired,” he confirmed to the Star-Telegram on Monday afternoon just prior to a press conference.

City Manager David Cooke began holding the press conference at 3:30 p.m. and sent a news release a few minutes later.

“I’m no longer a Fort Worth police officer, a Fort Worth police chief,” Fitzgerald said. “I was fired today by the city manager.”

He declined to say what Cooke told him in their conversation and but said the reason given was “nothing that is in any way valid.”

“I”m not going to get into it,” Fitzgerald said. “I’m just going to make sure I get an attorney involved and just do things the right way.”

[bbm]

where did you read this?

I heard it live in the press conference the night she was found and the next day. She was calm and look unharmed to the officers.

Car was a Gray Ford 500.

2 local church members went looking around, found the car and called it in. Citizens kept asking what they could do to help and that's what LE told them. Find the car. Help us find the car.

Cops arrived, car matched, established what room they were in and due to the circumstances were able to enter the room and locate her.

Cops listening on radio were screaming and clapping when they heard over the radio that she was safe.

"We didn't find her, we had citizens that went out of their way and found her." They aren't going to release the citizens names, but plans to recognize them at some point because they are absolutely heroes. Viewers on social media went out and found the car.

51 years of age, black male, facing aggravated kidnapping. No criminal history mentioned, is not a relative of SS.

SS was CALM, looked unharmed and was immediately transported to a local hospital. Looked unharmed to the officers but they are not medical professionals. Family going to hospital.

Thanking all of their followers. They are a good police department but with them on their side they are able to be better. Followers are a huge asset.

Dude is ecstatic. Rightfully so.

SS Kidnapping: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
[...]

“I can’t go into the full details of what they did here but I can tell you they did breach one of the doors here and were able to locate SS safely,” Calzada revealed, adding that SS was rescued and found safe at 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Police were at the hotel investigating throughout the night and witnesses reported Webb’s car being towed by police around 6 a.m.

Calzada indicated that SS appeared to be unharmed but was transported by MedStar to a nearby hospital where she was reunited with her family. He described the little girl’s demeanor as “calm” when police found her.

Calzada recounted how he and other officers were listening in on a radio as the police entered the hotel room and discovered Sabatka. “It put a huge smile on my face and it took alot of darkness off of my heart, just knowing this young girl is going to be ok,” he said.

[...]

Fort Worth Police Chief Joel Fitzgerald fired Monday Fort Worth Police Chief Joel Fitzgerald fired Monday

View attachment 185269

“I’m fired,” he confirmed to the Star-Telegram on Monday afternoon just prior to a press conference.

City Manager David Cooke began holding the press conference at 3:30 p.m. and sent a news release a few minutes later.

“I’m no longer a Fort Worth police officer, a Fort Worth police chief,” Fitzgerald said. “I was fired today by the city manager.”

He declined to say what Cooke told him in their conversation and but said the reason given was “nothing that is in any way valid.”

“I”m not going to get into it,” Fitzgerald said. “I’m just going to make sure I get an attorney involved and just do things the right way.”

WOW. Considering what his department just accomplished I'm not sure what the reasoning could possibly be!

This comes weeks after Fitzgerald was kicked out of the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas and days after he had a heated encounter with the state union’s president in Washington, D.C. The firing also comes months after Fitzgerald withdrew from consideration to become a top police commissioner in the Baltimore Police Department.

Cooke said Fitzgerald didn’t have a contract with the city. He had a letter of intent that spelled out a severance if he were terminated with cause, which he was.

View attachment 185269

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! :confused:

Lying being confrontational not dedicated not being a good leader etc are a few reasons. It’s been coming for a while ...
FWPD has issues much like any other dept.
don’t have a link handy as I am sitting waiting on traffic so jmo imo and all that jazz.
He will appeal this decision.

What really scares me is a comment made up thread after this guy had been found.

"What if he was going to "sell her" for drugs?"

Our local police blotter is just full of incidents of meth / heroin arrests daily. Small motels that used to be inexpensive stops for tourists are turning into weekly/monthly rentals for families and the seniors on vouchers. Some are being infested by druggies and turning into flop houses. Then these druggies are then preying on the kids, the seniors. As we have seen with the awful murder of little 5 year old AJ Freund, once addiction sets in, not much gets in it's way
I wondered if he was going to sel her for one reason or another too, since he kept her alive beyond a couple of hours. Awful, but easy to wonder why he did what he did.

I’ve just never heard of a single case, where a low risk child is kidnapped off the street, and sex trafficked.

I can think of countless that ended in murder though.
We don’t know the outcome of. A lot of them, though.

Bond Set for Man Charged with Abducting SS
Bond has been set at $100,000 for a Texas man accused of abducting 8-year-old SS as she walked with her mother in Fort Worth over the weekend.

Michael Webb was being held in the Tarrant County Jail Monday. The 51-year-old is charged with aggravated kidnapping.

[...]

A spokeswoman for the Tarrant County District Attorney's office said Webb has not been indicted and the case is pending.

Can't they charge him with assaulting the mother ?
Unbelievable!!!!

Can't they charge him with assaulting the mother ?
Unbelievable!!!!
I would sure hope so! :eek:
This is outrageous. I hope the citizens there go nuts on whoever is responsible for this low bond
Hopefully, the additional charges will up that amount, but that he made a $300k bond...scary! He's right where he should be. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back