Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the hitchhiker was the witness?

What if he saw BG prior to the crime face-to-face and that's why LE asked early on if anyone had seen a hitchiker?

LE needed to have someone else confirm the hitchiker's story that the hitchiker had been in the area.

I think that maybe the hitchiker was the person whe 'saw something that needed to be reported' and early on...LE followed this up.

I don't think that the hitchiker was ever a suspect....perhaps due to height or build.

The sketch came approx. 4 days later and the shout-out to see if anyone saw a hitchiker was about a week after the murders.

They were checking out the hitchikers story...and at the time, they dismissed what the hitchiker said.

This is one of the things that I can think of that they were 'onto something early on' per Carter.

JMO
Are you saying a hitchhiker came to LE and they were trying to verify his story?

Hi Cutiekitty,

Here is one timeline from JC Online:
Delphi murders: A timeline of the search for Abby and Libby's killer

Also, the media thread does have most articles posted as they came out in order, many of the articles have quotes from LE and family. I do believe some media timelines are posted there as well; it appears the media thread was started on 21 Feb, 2017. It is definitely worth a review to see if you’ve missed anything. It’s almost 40 pages of news articles.

Here’s the link:
IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION
Thank you! Will be checking it all out. I started creating a timeline of actual verified events just for myself to better visualize the flow of the case, but I’m sure I missed some.

I also mapped distances using google earth because it was hard for me to “get” the layout of the park. The whole park/trail is much smaller than it appears on the crime scene maps I’ve seen.

Im a very data oriented person btw.

Are tip lines manned locally in Delphi or do they go to ISP or FBI whether called in or by email. Just curious how LE knows all tips are passed on. So if BG has/had planted himself into the investigation as a volunteer or in some official manner is it possible he might not pass on a tip. Kinda out there-but was just curious

Are tip lines manned locally in Delphi or do they go to ISP or FBI whether called in or by email. Just curious how LE knows all tips are passed on. So if BG has/had planted himself into the investigation as a volunteer or in some official manner is it possible he might not pass on a tip. Kinda out there-but was just curious

It appears the FBI have been managing the tips, other than for the first few days.

Feb 23, 2017
“The toll free, anonymous phone number to call in tips hasn’t changed, but calls will now be answered at the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Major Case Contact Center. Also, callers will have to follow a few prompts to report their information.

The people working at the Delphi call center were dispatchers from Carroll County and surrounding counties that were volunteering their time, whereas the FBI call center has hundreds of workers. Indiana State Police Sgt. Dave Bursten says the switch to the FBI call center allows local workers to focus on their other duties and get some rest...”
FBI now handling Delphi double murder tip line

“Every tip received about Libby and Abby’s murders gets entered into the FBI system called “Pyramid.” That system stores information like names, descriptions and motives so it can be cross-referenced with other tips...
...When certain violent crimes occur anywhere in the country – like murder or assault – police departments enter very specific information about those crimes into a secure system run by the FBI.

That system then looks for potential connections to other crimes.”
Delphi investigator: We wont leave any stone unturned

It appears the FBI have been managing the tips, other than for the first few days.

Feb 23, 2017
“The toll free, anonymous phone number to call in tips hasn’t changed, but calls will now be answered at the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Major Case Contact Center. Also, callers will have to follow a few prompts to report their information.

The people working at the Delphi call center were dispatchers from Carroll County and surrounding counties that were volunteering their time, whereas the FBI call center has hundreds of workers. Indiana State Police Sgt. Dave Bursten says the switch to the FBI call center allows local workers to focus on their other duties and get some rest...”
FBI now handling Delphi double murder tip line

“Every tip received about Libby and Abby’s murders gets entered into the FBI system called “Pyramid.” That system stores information like names, descriptions and motives so it can be cross-referenced with other tips...
...When certain violent crimes occur anywhere in the country – like murder or assault – police departments enter very specific information about those crimes into a secure system run by the FBI.

That system then looks for potential connections to other crimes.”
Delphi investigator: We wont leave any stone unturned
Thank you

Interview with Mike and Becky Patty - by GH
Published on Aug 20, 2018
“This is an interview with Mike and Becky Patty. The interview was conducted in conversation form. It was then later edited for length and continuity. Mike and Becky are Liberty German's Grandparents and legal guardians”
I’ve was starting my timeline with info from this interview. There were so many different drop off times published in the media and espoused as fact by people online. I decided the Patty’s/German’s were actually the best source for timeline info. Thanks for posting this. The infamous indy podcast had an interview with KG that was full of facts too.

I’m linking another GH video because the topic of who walked where has been discussed a lot. For those who don’t like GH videos, just ignore, but for others it might be very helpful to understand the timeline, the layout of the land and access points. GH makes it clear any added comments are his theories, much like each of us have theories too.

Derrick’s path
I started watching this one, but had to stop. I didn’t like the animated people. I had just watched another one with actual people and could’ve still been disgusted by that one (the music and host behavior just seemed unnecessarily sensationalistic) so I’ll give it another try.

Edit: This was not the one I thought it was. Good info

Last edited:
Hi all, long time lurker, first time posting. I’ve been intrigued with this case from the start for several reasons. I’m from Indiana and the murders of these two young girls just hits too close to home for many of us here.
IMO, both the known and unknown make this case one of the most bizarre I have ever seen.

I came across Websleuths while searching for information shortly after the news story first broke. The thought provoking ideas and theories that get discussed here are generally very impressive, and unfortunately, rather addictive!

I wish I could throw out a complete and solid theory as to how all of the events unfolded, but there’s just not enough information for me to do so. However, I do have some thoughts / theories as to how some of the pieces may fit together.

I have not read every thread here, so my opinions may have already been discussed at length, or there may be evidence to the contrary, but here it is... (all of which is MOO)

1) I believe this is not the first time this person has committed murder.
Though it is not unusual for the FBI to get involved early in cases such as this, they have had a very noticeable presence from the onset, and as horrific as the murders of two young girls is, there are too many unsolved heinous murders of young people each and every year. SOMETHING about this case makes it different. IMO, either the crime scene, or the manner of death makes them believe they are dealing with a larger than normal threat and I wouldn’t be surprised if it ties back to the IA case. Irregardless, the posting of billboards nationwide is both impressive and concerning.

2) IMO, the released audio doesn’t occur at the bridge. I believe it takes place at the top of the hill above where they were found.
I say this for several reasons...
Firstly, it just doesn’t make sense to me. IF the killer is organized, then I don’t believe he would start an abduction at a point knowing that he would need to control two individuals through rough terrain to get them to his preselected location. IF he was disorganized, I don’t believe he would have the patience to take them to a destination that far away - his impulse and adrenaline would have overcome him and it probably would have occurred right there below the bridge.
Many have speculated that the manner in which he uses the term “guys” suggests familiarity. I don’t totally disagree, but IMO, it’s more of familiarity because he has already gained control- and he knows it.
How they ended up on the other side is anyone’s guess. Perhaps they chose to go a different direction because one of them didn’t want to cross the bridge again. Maybe they felt safer trying to distance themselves from BG. Maybe they were driven from the bridge to the graveyard. ???

3) In regards to the change from the old sketch to the new sketch, I firmly believe that OBG has been identified. There have been several arrests lately for other crimes in which many people believe the accused perpetrator(s) resembles OBG - perhaps one of them is. If he has been identified, it’s very possible that he had his own unrelated reasons for not being found. Once found, he may have provided additional information regarding BG or other elements of this case.

Sorry for such a lengthy post, it’s definitely not what I had intended!

ALL JUST MOO
Re: paragraph 2 - I’ve been thinking about that scenario a lot myself.

I started watching this one, but had to stop. I didn’t like the animated people. I had just watched another one with actual people and could’ve still been disgusted by that one (the music and host behavior just seemed unnecessarily sensationalistic) so I’ll give it another try.
His interview with the Patty's has quite a bit of info that may be helpful. His Derrick walkthrough could also be helpful.

His interview with the Patty's has quite a bit of info that may be helpful. His Derrick walkthrough could also be helpful.
Thank you! I’ve listened to the interview with BP and just rewatched the Derrick walk through. I’ve got myself a nice little timeline going now. I guess I’m basically doing what GH did minus any opinion and with the addition of distance calculations. It’s just how I process info, not doubting anyone.

So it's Sunday night, and I can imagine the Coward sitting at his parents table for Sunday dinner. Maybe a few other assorted relatives too. The usual jovial banter is forced, and falls flat....because they know. They know. The mother looks like she has aged 20 years in the last six months, and is nervous and has been having terrible headaches and stomach aches. The father wants to make it better, but doesn't know what to do. And the hushed whispers everywhere they go....people have started to avoid them.

Can you imagine such a scenario? I can. The Coward is bringing such disgrace, anxiety, and shame to his family yet he has yet to turn himself in. He thinks he has gotten away with the crime, but keeps looking over his shoulder....as he should. The raid is coming; that pounding on the door.

Why doesn't he spare his family the trauma and turn himself in?

Amateur opinion and speculation

That's if his parents/family have a conscience. What if they aren't a functional normal family? What if generational abuse is at play here?

That's if his parents/family have a conscience. What if they aren't a functional normal family? What if generational abuse is at play here?

Or if they're in complete denial? Or, like many killers' wives/mothers/partners/children, they legitimately do NOT suspect anything is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752