Found Deceased OH - Lanessa Roosa, 21, arrested, left hospital, fell from motel ceiling, Hillsboro, 1 Jan 2019

Honestly, I read and had to re-read this several times. I wonder if she's a fan of Houdini- she's escaped several times, but has the luck of Murphy's Law trying to do so.

If it wasn't for bad luck, Lanessa wouldn't have any at all. This is a very sad situation, I hope that they find her soon and that she agrees to get help. She's so young, with a full life ahead of her- hate to see someone waste it in this manner.

In my opinion....and I say this based on my experience being married to an addict....my instincts are that she went to hospital, knew jail was coming and wanted to run. Her bf and her went to hotel where she possibly done meth and became paranoid. Maybe he did too? If his gf left the hospital against police orders and he took her, then it seems like an odd time to casually drop her off at hotel then go tinker around on his vehicle. I think it’s most likely he stayed there or if he left maybe it was to get the drugs. Anyways, my assumption is they got high. Got paranoid. Possibly fought being as how she was hiding or trying to escape. She could have worried police were coming and his cause meth makes u paranoid. However I’m confused as to how someone who depends upon her bf and him being her way out of hospital etc why did she not jump in a car with him after falling through? If he was at hotel why would she run off into the woods away from him? Idk this story doesn’t add up on many levels.

Original

Namus:The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Sadly, she is most likely dead.

I can't see someone in that state of mind hide out in the woods for more than 2 months and be OK.

Jmo
I wouldn't be too sure, I think she might have tried to be taken in by the criminal drug element in her area. Alot of these cases go that way, or the way you thought. However, the ending is usually similar.

Woman missing since Jan. 1 - Times Gazette

At least 30 emergency personnel were in Hillsboro on Thursday searching for Lanessa Roosa, a 21-year-old Hillsboro woman who has been missing since Jan. 1, when she was last seen allegedly running into a wooded area behind the Greystone Motel.

Highland County Sheriff Donnie Barrera said Friday that 30 to 32 officials from his office, the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation with three cadaver dogs, Hillsboro Police Department, Greenfield Police Department, Highland County Prosecutor’s Office, Paint Creek Joint EMS/Fire District and Highland County Emergency Management Agency searched an area from behind the Gerystone Motel to SR 124 from about 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, but found nothing.

[...]

Where is Lanessa Roosa?

The family searched the woods the following day and found nothing. Frustrated with what she called a lack of effort from law enforcement, Jordan launched her own investigation. Soon enough, she got a call from JP Napier, an acquaintance of Roosa, saying he wanted to talk. Jordan and Napier met at the Greystone, where Napier was staying, and Napier told Jordan that he had paid for Roosa’s room after she contacted him asking for a place to lay low. He even loaned her one of his phones, Jordan said.

“He said he was almost positive she was laying in the woods dead,” Jordan said.

Napier, a former U.S. Marine and Iraq War veteran, said there was no way Roosa could have survived in the cold with her infection and injuries.

Napier was able to access the call history of the phone he lent to Roosa, Jordan said, and there was an outgoing call to one of Napier’s friends timestamped after Roosa disappeared. Later, Jordan talked to the friend, who said he got a call from Napier that night saying he needed a ride. That friend had a van, Jordan said.

“That night, there was a van there,” Jordan said.

It was then that Jordan began to suspect that Napier knew more about Roosa’s disappearance. Napier told Jordan that Roosa had used methamphetamine that night, which was unusual, since Roosa’s drug of choice had always been heroin.

Napier also said Roosa was barefoot when she disappeared, but Jordan said she had been told Roosa was wearing Adidas sneakers when she ran away.

“I said, ‘Something’s not right,’” Jordan said.

Napier later helped arrange another search, Jordan said, but he never showed up. Napier died Monday, Feb. 25, of a suspected drug overdose, according to Highland County Coroner Dr. Jeff Beery.

A search party found Roosa’s shoes and Napier’s phone in the woods near SR 124 on March 7. The shoes covered in mud and sitting by a tree, the phone nearby, Jordan said.

“I think that (Napier was) involved in her disappearance,” Jordan said. “Now he’s dead and gone, and I feel like I’ll never get answers.”
---
But one compelling lead came all the way from New Jersey, Jordan said.

A pile of clothing found in a woods near a New Jersey highway exactly match the outfit Roosa was wearing when she disappeared – right down to her bra size, green Polo T-shirt and the brand of jeans she liked, Jordan said.

The Highland County Sheriff’s Office is waiting to obtain the clothes from the New Jersey State Police, Jordan said, hoping to find traces of DNA. No shoes were found with the clothing.

Where is Lanessa Roosa? - Times Gazette
===

Post about cut up cloth found in New Jersey - Unidentified And Missing People

and WS thread for the cloth - NJ - NJ - Fair Lawn, Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods, Mar 2019

A pile of clothing found in a woods near a New Jersey highway exactly match the outfit Roosa was wearing when she disappeared – right down to her bra size, green Polo T-shirt and the brand of jeans she liked, Jordan said.

That sounds very much like hypothermia. People suffering from hypothermia, especially if they’re on certain drugs, will feel overheated and take off their clothing.

That sounds very much like hypothermia. People suffering from hypothermia, especially if they’re on certain drugs, will feel overheated and take off their clothing.

All the clothing was cut, including underwear, so I would rule out her doing it herself or by hypothermia. Well, if indeed those are her cloth. Hoping that they will announce what DNA testing of cloth will reveal. If it is match to her or not.

It has been more than four months since Lanessa Roosa disappeared into the woods behind the Greystone Motel in Hillsboro, and as rumors swirl and investigators’ heads spin, only one thing is certain: Angie Jordan just wants her daughter to come home.

When Jordan, Roosa’s mother, sat down with The Times-Gazette earlier this week, it had been 150 days since she had seen her daughter. In days since, she has heard rumors of her daughter’s disappearance that have made her blood run cold, and she has searched for answers in places she never thought she would go...

After months of Facebook chats, Google searches, phone calls and text messages — now a growing file of screenshots jumbled with Bible verses in Jordan’s iCloud — the distressed mother has boiled her data down to two options:

1. Roosa found someone who could take her to a different state and care for her there.

2. Roosa is dead, and someone out there knows what happened.
Search continues for Lanessa Roosa - The Record Herald

Jordan said Roosa has not contacted her, her boyfriend — who Jordan said was her meal ticket — or her best friend from her days at McClain High School.

Did the mom actually SAY the words "was her meal ticket"?? WTF? Even if he supported her, I'm just reeling over the language choice here...

Did the mom actually SAY the words "was her meal ticket"?? WTF? Even if he supported her, I'm just reeling over the language choice here...
In moo,
This indicates to me that at the time she was “with” this man, that they were using drugs together and he may have had a more stable living situation... she may have been so addicted at that point she couldn’t hold down a job herself or get housing etc. so “meal ticket” to me somehow sounds better than the likely lifestyle they had found themselves in... again that’s just MOO

Where is Lanessa Roosa?

The Highland County Sheriff’s Office is waiting to obtain the clothes from the New Jersey State Police, Jordan said, hoping to find traces of DNA. No shoes were found with the clothing.

Where is Lanessa Roosa? - Times Gazette
===

Post about cut up cloth found in New Jersey - Unidentified And Missing People

and WS thread for the cloth - NJ - NJ - Fair Lawn, Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods, Mar 2019

[bbm]

the original post said she was wearing blue leggings but it wouldn't be difficult to mistake jeans for leggings or they could've been 'jeggings'

If she went missing in Oregon then HOW did her clothing get all the way to NJ?

She’s being pretty candid, which is actually refreshing. It still may be a euphemism (meal ticket sounds better than pimp, if there was any of that activity happening).

Ok, so who does she know or did she meet who has connections to New Jersey? This case has me cringing thinking of how it will turn out if all these cases are connected. I'm afraid she either was abducted by some unknown person or she knew a little too much about someone close to her. This certainly isn't appearing to be an accident or poor "running" decisions on her part. She couldn't have ran three states away, especially after losing body parts in PA. Assuming those are her legs and clothing...where is the rest of her body? What a nightmare!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back