Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I’ve listened to the interview with BP and just rewatched the Derrick walk through. I’ve got myself a nice little timeline going now. I guess I’m basically doing what GH did minus any opinion and with the addition of distance calculations. It’s just how I process info, not doubting anyone.

I have thought about doing what you are a couple times but haven't gotten around to it. Do you plan on sharing it or is it for your reference?

(OT - Can someone direct me to where we are to report computer problems, please. I keep getting booted out and also am getting page reloads like crazy. Thanks.)

What if the hitchhiker was the witness?

What if he saw BG prior to the crime face-to-face and that's why LE asked early on if anyone had seen a hitchiker?

LE needed to have someone else confirm the hitchiker's story that the hitchiker had been in the area.

I think that maybe the hitchiker was the person whe 'saw something that needed to be reported' and early on...LE followed this up.

I don't think that the hitchiker was ever a suspect....perhaps due to height or build.

The sketch came approx. 4 days later and the shout-out to see if anyone saw a hitchiker was about a week after the murders.

They were checking out the hitchikers story...and at the time, they dismissed what the hitchiker said.

This is one of the things that I can think of that they were 'onto something early on' per Carter.

JMO
Maybe the hitchiker is the person who gave info about the vehicle. If he got a ride with the driver, he'd know the make and model of the car, but not necessarily the identity of the driver. Moo.

Welcome What If!
You make good points here. My thoughts:

1) I think, if I remember right, the FBI agent who originally was there helping with the search just happened to be there when the call came in. That doesn’t explain though why they remained on the case but I agree that at least at first LE thought it was a serial type killing. They seem to have pulled off of that with now insisting he’s local. Also, very early, wasn’t there talk of the Dept of Homeland Security being involved in some way? I certainly never understood that...if that’s true.
2) This is a very interesting scenario. I initially thought BG walked them back across the bridge and down the other side. Then LE said at some point that they crossed the creek and I went long with it thinking they meant wading across. How nobody noticed BG with wet clothes afterward has always been a problem. Your scenario does have them crossing the creek, just not wading across. Is LE playing word games with us? Who knows.

Thanks for throwing this out for discussion. Something else to think about!

If he did indeed get wet from wading in the creek, he threw his baggy pants in a backpack or stashed it in a shed, barn close by. Probably brought sweatpants or jeans with him.
Not sure how he could cross the river w/o getting wet!

If he did indeed get wet from wading in the creek, he threw his baggy pants in a backpack or stashed it in a shed, barn close by. Probably brought sweatpants or jeans with him.
Not sure how he could cross the river w/o getting wet!
I think he had a bag stashed in advance at the location he brought them to.
JMO

Right I am guessing either the family doesn't know/talk themselves into thinking it isn't him, he has no family and is a loner or perhaps LE's sketch does not look like the person. I know I am terrible with faces and finding resemblances.

Maybe the hitchiker is the person who gave info about the vehicle. If he got a ride with the driver, he'd know the make and model of the car, but not necessarily the identity of the driver. Moo.

Well, Carter did say they were onto something early on in the investigation. He also said to BG that it’s been two years and he (BG) didn’t think they’d change direction and they are. In the early phase of the investigation, I vaguely recall mention of a hitchhiker. It’s possible I just read that on here though.

Maybe I haven't read all the articles or paid close attention but I can't recall early talks of the hitchhiker.
I recall mention of a hitchiker and backpack very early on and I believe it was something said in a PC. I'll try to find it. Who hitchhikes these days, let alone, picks a up a hitchiker? It seems that was discussed in these threads early on, too, but I could be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member