Found Safe ID - Sandra Rios-Chavez, 17, kidnapped by Miguel Rodriguez-Perez, 18 Jerome, 19 May 2019 *arrest*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
victim_1558392809580_38438754_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

suspect_1558392809454_38438753_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

JEROME, Idaho - An AMBER Alert was issued Monday for a 17-year-old girl believed to have been kidnapped out of Jerome, Idaho.

Law enforcement officials are looking for Sandra Rios-Chavez. They believe she was kidnapped by Miguel Rodriguez-Perez, 18, on Sunday around 6 p.m. Idaho State Police said Rios-Chavez was last seen in the Wendy's parking lot at 2816 S. Lincoln Ave in Jerome.

ISP said Rios-Chavez may be wearing her issued Wendy's restaurant uniform.

Rodriguez-Perez is known to drive a 2015 black Audi A4 with an Idaho license plate 2J83179. ISP said he may be driving toward Las Vegas. He is described as a Hispanic male with black hair, brown eyes and tattoos on his arms.

AMBER Alert issued for 17-year-old girl missing from Jerome

Have you seen this child? Sandra Janet Rios-Chavez

Note: Date should be May 19, sorry. Mod alerted.

Last edited:
I'm really glad that they're on top of the local coverage here in Idaho, and especially in Nevada.
It's such an odd situation that you don't see often. I really hope she is able to come home safely.
On another note, the comments on the local news are downright distasteful. Shows you the racist beliefs in Idaho :mad:

I'm really glad that they're on top of the local coverage here in Idaho, and especially in Nevada.
It's such an odd situation that you don't see often. I really hope she is able to come home safely.
On another note, the comments on the local news are downright distasteful. Shows you the racist beliefs in Idaho :mad:

Well, that's disappointing but don't get me started on Idaho!

I would like to know the relationship between these two and why they believe they're headed to Las Vegas. I've not seen anything about either one of those things.

I just received an alert to my phone. I wonder if it is this case and they may be on their way to Mexico? The alert just said listen to the radio or watch your tv for info. Odd?

A local woman on Facebook found Sandra's profile and it appears that Miguel is in the profile picture.
IMO, it seems like either 1) a relationship gone wrong + kidnapping or 2) they have a joint plan to run off together. Either way it's still illegal...
Seems like there's security footage from the Wendy's because I've seen this picture of his license plate circulating.
5ce333196ba02.image.png

This might back up the kidnapping theory if he's shown forcibly putting her in the car.
Overall I'm hopeful LE will find them before they reach their destination, especially if it's Mexico.
Edit: Just saw the comment about domestic violence + no contact order, so I'd probably scratch the joint-effort theory.
Edit #2: Took down the photo, thanks doodles :)

Last edited:
60515694_2221763057949553_7879512396690096128_n.jpg

Please let me know if social media pictures aren't allowed, I'll gladly take this down.
A local woman on Facebook found Sandra's profile and it appears that Miguel is in the profile picture.
IMO, it seems like either 1) a relationship gone wrong + kidnapping or 2) they have a joint plan to run off together. Either way it's still illegal...
Seems like there's security footage from the Wendy's because I've seen this picture of his license plate circulating.
5ce333196ba02.image.png

This might back up the kidnapping theory if he's shown forcibly putting her in the car.
Overall I'm hopeful LE will find them before they reach their destination, especially if it's Mexico.
Edit: Just saw the comment about domestic violence + no contact order, so I'd probably scratch the joint-effort theory.
You can post stuff from her page, but no screenshots I believe.

*PLEASE SHARE* An Amber Alert has been issued for Sandra Rios-Chavez, 17, of Idaho.

Police say they suspect that Miguel Rodriguez-Perez abducted her Sunday evening from her job at a Wendy's restaurant in Jerome, Idaho. There is a protection order against him and he has threatened and assualted her, police say.

His phone has pinged in Kingman. He has contacts in Surprise, Ariz. and in Mexico.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=sandra rios&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Explains the alert...

His phone has pinged in Kingman
About 5 hrs from the border :(
What's the protocol for if/when a U.S. victim ends up in another country? Would MX LE have to take over?

*PLEASE SHARE* An Amber Alert has been issued for Sandra Rios-Chavez, 17, of Idaho.

Police say they suspect that Miguel Rodriguez-Perez abducted her Sunday evening from her job at a Wendy's restaurant in Jerome, Idaho. There is a protection order against him and he has threatened and assualted her, police say.

His phone has pinged in Kingman. He has contacts in Surprise, Ariz. and in Mexico.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=sandra rios&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Explains the alert...
That makes sense now. I couldn't figure out why I got that alert being so far from Idaho. According to Google maps, it's about 9 1/2 hours from Jerome, ID to Kingman, AZ. I sure hope they find them. If they're heading to Surprise it Mexico, there's only a few ways they can go.

About 5 hrs from the border :(
What's the protocol for if/when a U.S. victim ends up in another country? Would MX LE have to take over?
They would need passports to get through the Port of entry. They could cross over illegally though.

They would need passports to get through the Port of entry. They could cross over illegally though.
I don't think you need a passport to get in. Only, to come back. People here go to Mexico with their drivers license all of the time. Some have "crossing cards" which are look a drivers lic, but they can get back from Mexico with them, instead of taking a passport with. I have not been to Mexico, other than by plane, for a long time. So, I may be completely wrong. But, I don't think they are very strict on who can come in. The Border Patrol does have plate readers and would be able to tell if they crossed in that vehicle. Hoping his contacts in AZ really don't want anything to do with their situation.

Last edited:
I'm hoping border patrol, both U.S. and MX, is being notified about this.
Also, Miguel's FB page creeps me out. Lots of indirect posts about love and "feeling deeply." Wonder how far in advance this was planned...

I don't think you need a passport to get in. Only, to come back. People here go to Mexico with their drivers license all of the time. Some have "crossing cards" which are look a drivers lic, but they can get back from Mexico with them, instead of taking a passport with. I have not been to Mexico, other than by plane, for a long time. So, I may be completely wrong. But, I don't think they are very strict on who can come in. The Boarder Patrol does have plate readers and would be able to tell if they crossed in that vehicle. Hoping his contacts in AZ really don't want anything to do with their situation.
I hope so too!!

I'm hoping border patrol, both U.S. and MX, is being notified about this.
Also, Miguel's FB page creeps me out. Lots of indirect posts about love and "feeling deeply." Wonder how far in advance this was planned...
I am positive that they have been notified. AZ lic plate readers have really been doing a good job over the past few months. They have caught Diane Keel's killer, the old man with his dead wife, and another Amber Alert situation recently. Let's get one more!

My ex dragged me from a friends home into his vehicle once and everybody just watched him shove me into his vehicle and NOBODY called the police & everybody knew I was afraid of him & nobody tried to help. I am so glad this is an amber alert. I hope she knows ppl are looking for her bc that is so important for her to hope for & know she will be rescued.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back