Found Safe AL - Missing Family (2 Adults & 4 Children), Salem, 19 May 2019

hollye

Reaction score
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is assisting the Cobb County Police Department with the investigation into a missing family.

The family was last seen traveling on foot on May 19 at approximately 2:55 p.m. near Highway 280 and Lee Road 252 in Salem.

The family included two adults who were traveling with four children (13-year-old male, 11-year-old male, 9-year-old male, and 9-year-old female).

Lee County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing family last seen in Salem

Attachments

• C16172F0-CCEC-40C2-B598-2521C811DDDA.jpeg
    C16172F0-CCEC-40C2-B598-2521C811DDDA.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 194
I doubt they were hitchhiking. Who has a 7-8 passenger vehicle that is willing to pick up strangers?

Is there a bus stop nearby?

The family was last seen traveling on foot on May 19 at approximately 2:55 p.m. near Highway 280 and Lee Road 252 in Salem.

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is assisting the Cobb County Police Department with the investigation into a missing family.

The family included two adults who were traveling with four children (13-year-old male, 11-year-old male, 9-year-old male, and 9-year-old female).

Lee County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing family last seen in Salem
Is that Cobb County, GA?

I doubt they were hitchhiking. Who has a 7-8 passenger vehicle that is willing to pick up strangers?

Closest bus station is 11 miles west in Opelika (at the 4th Street Gas Station). It is a Greyhound stop for buses heading to Columbus, GA. If they were headed east on 280 they would be heading toward Columbus GA which is about 16 miles from where they were spotted.

I wonder if it is known that they had taken a bus from the Atlanta area and it is known they only had tickets that took them that far or otherwise left the bus. If they had done so it is possible they stayed on the bus beyond their ticket (Columbus, for example) and were put off at the next stop (Opelika).

That all said, the next departure after 2:55 pm from Opelika is the 7:40 pm (New Orleans to Atlanta Schedule 1562). Greyhound does have service that can connect from Marietta, GA (Cobb County) to Opelika on Sundays. That one arrives in Opelika at 12:50 pm via the Atlanta to Houston, TX Schedule 1241.

No bus stop near by. I live about 5 miles from where they were last seen. Very strange situation. Where is the vehicle they were originally in? Can't imagine they walked from Virginia.

Local media has only briefly covered this with very few details

Something I have personally noted on Greyhound when i travelled with them (fun times) there are stops where ppl load (i.e. Loves Convenience stores, Subway sandwich shops) that were not even on the itinerary, seriously. I was surprised so, I'm not sure a simple "nearest Greyhound" will give an accurate list of all the possible stops) makes me wonder if I had a rogue driver, I was not a happy camper to be on a Greyhound for 11 hours at all the few times I tavelled using them so maybe my opinion is not a good one to offer lol

This is bizarre. I have to wonder if there is a little girl in care right now? Or worse? Surely we'd have their names though? Idk seems very bizarre to me.

Something I have personally noted on Greyhound when i travelled with them (fun times) there are stops where ppl load (i.e. Loves Convenience stores, Subway sandwich shops) that were not even on the itinerary, seriously. I was surprised so, I'm not sure a simple "nearest Greyhound" will give an accurate list of all the possible stops) makes me wonder if I had a rogue driver, I was not a happy camper to be on a Greyhound for 11 hours at all the few times I tavelled using them so maybe my opinion is not a good one to offer lol

This is bizarre. I have to wonder if there is a little girl in care right now? Or worse? Surely we'd have their names though? Idk seems very bizarre to me.
Yes. The stop in Opelika is like that. It is a gas station and the stop is brief with the arrival and departure times for that stop being the same on the schedules I have seen. The closest actual bus station is in Columbus, GA and the next closest is in Auburn.

ETA: Alabama is one of 10 states where Greyhound provides multiple rural stops on routes that operate through the state. The bus that stops in Opelika at 8:40 am, for example, also stops in 11 or 12 other really small towns at gas stations and such. I presume Greyhound receives some money from these states and/or a federal grant to provide such stops.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502
Back