Identified! MO - Barry Co, Pics of Ring, Bracelet & Neff Watch Band, 26 Mar 2018 - Ronald Jessup Brightwell

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
cache.php

Officials say pieces of jewelry were found on parts of the remains and are hoping they can be used in the identification of the victim.
The rubber watchband in the photo is a NEFF brand band.
If you have any information in this case, contact the Barry County Sheriff's Office at 417-847-6556.

http://www.fox5krbk.com/story/38088883/barry-county-officials-seek-help-identifying-remains

CASSVILLE, Mo. -- The Barry County Sheriff's Office is asking for your help in identifying skeletal remains.

According to Detective Doug Henry with the Barry County Sheriff's Office, the remains were found on March 26. However, the sheriff's office decided to ask for the public's help in identifying them for the first time on Tuesday, May 1.

Henry says a landowner found the skeletal remains on his property in a remote area. The location is near Jenkins around Farm Road 2120.

The sheriff's office sent the remains to the University of North Texas for DNA testing, however the tests have not found anything positive at this time.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/PIC...hope-it-helps-identify-remains-481407331.html

The Sheriff's dept answers some questions in the comments on their Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1901531919911533&id=802725476458855

Remains have been there 2-5 years.

Unknown age/gender/race at this time.

They have checked missing person's reports and contacted family members to see if anyone recognized the items.

LE tried to trace the origin of the items and found the watch band and ring are available online at Amazon (other commenters also say they can be bought locally).

Those rings are bottle openers. Lots of bartenders and servers wear them. About $5 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Law enforcement in Barry County is still trying to identify human remains found in a rural area of Jenkins, 14 miles northeast of Cassville, in late March. Doug Henry, chief detective of the Barry County Sheriff’s Office, tells News Talk KZRG all they know is the remains are of someone over the age of 18.

“We did send the remains to the University of North Texas. They have entered the DNA into the system and they are actually working on trying to get me an age and a gender as we speak.”
Henry says they’ve received plenty of tips, but no solid leads. “Nothing that nobody has said ‘Yeah, that’s my loved one’s stuff’ or anything. Just asking us if we’ve checked on this person or this person.”
https://newstalkkzrg.com/2018/05/02/barry-county-remains-are-a-mystery/

The Springfield News-Leader reports that the remains were found March 26 by a landowner. The remains were found near Jenkins, about 45 miles (72.42 kilometers) southwest of Springfield.
A forensic dentist says it appears the person was an adult, but investigators have not yet determined if the remains are that of a man or woman.

Detective Doug Henry says the circumstances of the person’s death are considered suspicious.
http://fox2now.com/2018/05/05/southwest-missouri-officials-trying-to-id-human-remains/

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP17819 Unsure, Uncertain
Date Found
March 26, 2018
Location Found
Missouri
Estimated Age Range

Original
Original

--

CASE INFORMATION
Case Numbers
Demographics
Circumstances
Physical Description
Clothing and Accessories
Case Information
Case Numbers
NCMEC Number
--
ME/C Case Number
A18-0406
Demographics
Sex
Unsure
Race / Ethnicity
Uncertain
Possible First Name
--
Possible Middle Name
--
Possible Last Name
--
Possible Nickname
--
Estimated Age Group
Cannot Determine
Estimated Age Range
--
Estimated Year of Death
--
Estimated PMI
--
Height
Cannot Estimate
Weight
Cannot Estimate
Circumstances
Type
Unidentified Deceased
Date Found
March 26, 2018
NamUs Case Created
April 30, 2018
ME/C QA Reviewed
--
Location Found Map
Street Address
21403 Farm Road
Missouri 65605
County
Barry County
GPS Coordinates
--
Circumstances of Recovery
A landowner found skeletal remains on his property in a remote area on March 26, 2018. The location is near Jenkins around Farm Road 2120 in Barry County, MO. Jewelry was found with the body which is shown in this case.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains
--
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Physical Description
Hair Color
Unknown or Completely Bald
Head Hair Description
--
Body Hair Description
--
Facial Hair Description
--
Left Eye Color
Unknown or Missing
Right Eye Color
Unknown or Missing
Eye Description
--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered
Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Last edited:
I looked on Amazon and that Neff watch was first sold on Amazon in 2011 and the last review was in 2015. Not saying that it was purchased on Amazon but that would be a good start since there is little to no information.

I looked on Amazon and that Neff watch was first sold on Amazon in 2011 and the last review was in 2015. Not saying that it was purchased on Amazon but that would be a good start since there is little to no information.
Is it this one - Neff 'bandit'?

This video review is also from 2011.

there was a girl bartender kidnapped from a MO bar, she had a husband and two kids , but I cant remember her name or the year I just saw a Show on it on ID not to long ago....

*Moving this over from a new thread that was started. I didn't realize that there was already a thread for it.*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back