Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are no closer than day 1 to finding BG sadly. I think the only answers will come from a link to another case, a confession, possible DNA link, or someone close to BG figuring it out and contacting LE.

I think they are closer, but not necessarily close.

You don’t make a move like this just in the off chance you are right.

Something has changed, but if that is enough to get him, I’m not sure.

I agree. I can't imagine them using one in this case and I haven't been able to find a prior example of this happening, either. I'm sure there's probably a precedent, but I'm not seeing it.

Everything I have read when searching for precedents say sketches are a last resort...not something police like to have to count on.

I think they are closer, but not necessarily close.

You don’t make a move like this just in the off chance you are right.

Something has changed, but if that is enough to get him, I’m not sure.

Unless, if they were getting nowhere...decided to take a chance with the other sketch/description. I am not confident about anything at the moment.

Unless, if they were getting nowhere...decided to take a chance with the other sketch/description. I am not confident about anything at the moment.

I could see them releasing the second sketch, and saying “this might also bare a resemblance to the suspect.”

What I can’t see them doing, is basically saying “ignore that first sketch, and focus on this one.”

You aren’t just being bold if you are doing this because you are getting nowhere; you are being reckless.

I just don’t see it. Not with the information regarding the vehicle as well.

Time will tell.

The police asked if anyone had seen a hitchhiker very early in the investigation. I do not believe there was any confirmation of one seen.

I agree with the poster who stated the unknown suspect is likely a habitual liar. I have a suspect in mind who openly distorted information previously reported about his life. This info had no relation to the case but it was interesting to catch the lies.

Last edited:
The police asked if anyone had seen a hitchhiker very early in the investigation. I do not believe there was any confirmation of one seen.

I agree with the poster who stated the unknown suspect is likely a habitual liar. I have a suspect in mind who openly distorts information previously reported about his life. This info had no relation to the case but it was interesting to catch the lies.
Sounds interesting.

I could see them releasing the second sketch, and saying “this might also bare a resemblance to the suspect.”

What I can’t see them doing, is basically saying “ignore that first sketch, and focus on this one.”

You aren’t just being bold if you are doing this because you are getting nowhere; you are being reckless.

I just don’t see it. Not with the information regarding the vehicle as well.

Time will tell.

We hope...

Perhaps someone driving past the old building noticed the vehicle there around noon and then around five when they drove past it again on their way home.

The person may have left a tip about this anonymously.

This captured the L.E.'s interest and maybe the individual who reported it - doesn't want to be identified. As the L.E. mentioned - the person who could tell them something might be afraid to do so.

What puzzled me is that the person can provide more details about the vehicle and still remain anonymous - but - hopefully they recently have contacted L.E.

It could also be that more than one person has reported seeing this vehicle parked by the old building during those hours.

Whichever direction this investigation goes - I believe they will solve this.

I agree with others who have said "it's just a matter of time".

I'm wondering....how did the witness and police connect the current sketch to the photo of the person on the bridge? The recent sketch shows a man with no hat, no coat....nothing. A normal, neat head of hair. And yet, BG had a hat, hoodie and jacket. How do they know they are one in the same person? Did the witness see BG putting on the cost and hat...or did the witness see BG taking these items off?! Or??!!!

I'm wondering....how did the witness and police connect the current sketch to the photo of the person on the bridge? The recent sketch shows a man with no hat, no coat....nothing. A normal, neat head of hair. And yet, BG had a hat, hoodie and jacket. How do they know they are one in the same person? Did the witness see BG putting on the cost and hat...or did the witness see BG taking these items off?! Or??!!!
That’s a damn good question, but we just don’t know.

For whatever reason, law enforcement believes that the video of the man on the bridge, is the same man depicted in the sketch.

One day we’ll have answers, but we’re just going to have to wait.

I don't think I would pick up the phone based and provide a "tip" based on the FBI criteria provided in this article. (Scroll down to the end of the article updated Feb. 11, 2019)
Delphi murders: The Investigation
" Canceled an appointment around Feb. 13. Called in sick to work or suddenly skipped a social engagement.
Has become anxious or irritable.
Has followed this case and what the media is releasing with a sense that is "not normal"
Has a different sleep pattern now
Except for this one: Changed their appearance; cut their hair or drastically changed the way they dress
Having lived in a community (considered safe) that experienced a series exceptionally heinous murders, I probably would have been turned in by my neighbors! Heck, 3/4ths of our community was convinced GSK had returned. Everybody started getting motion detectors and alarm systems, we couldn't sleep at night, barricaded ourselves in our homes, bought guns & guard dogs, baseball bats by our doors, knives under our pillows....it was horrible and affected everyone. It was in the news daily, nationally and internationally. Ironically, that is how I originally found Websleuths...I got more information on the internet than what was being released by local LE. (Not a criticism of local LE, just my personal experience.)
PS reference only....you don't have to watch:
Unsolved Case Squad: The Gold Coast Killings

Last edited:
They can’t exactly release an actual pic of the person and they aren’t going to give a bunch of clues to lead a witness either.
bbm
^^ This, as you said! IMO

Perhaps they have someone in mind and need the connection between person --> trail --> car --> escape route --> aim of the escape. Since they got new info in 2019, they know, they have to search for YBG, who very clearly resembles the person, they have in mind* and who was also seen by a witness early on in 2017. At the time of murder, LE searched for a man, who possibly "participated" in the killing or was "involved". Now they are sure, YBG is the murderer himself and didn't only participate (or maybe only parked his car for a while).
Maybe, OBG is the one, who "participated" or was "involved".
IF there were 2 men indeed, I though can't imagine, they have been dressed with the same clothing .... :confused:
* btw: I for my part have someone in mind since 2017 and the second (earliest) pic= YBG does finally resemble the person. No reason for me, to be satisfied now, unfortunately.

I think that the most telling statement made by Superintendent Doug Carter was "We believe you are hiding in plain sight. For more than two years, you never thought we’d shift gears to a different investigative strategy, but we have."

My "take" on this is that L.E. somehow came to the realization that the perpetrator has been in L.E.'s midst, whether around the searches or has been interviewed.

I think that "Hiding in plain sight" could mean that they believe he flew under their radar. But not anymore. They are "beginning" to look at individuals who would have looked suspicious then but the person(s) was/were not the "suspicious-type".

The fact that the L.E. believes the perpetrator is from Delphi is intriguing.

Sounds like they are scrutinizing a few individuals (maybe even just one!) who they would never have considered them to be a suspect. But now they are focused on him/them.

It could even have been someone who gave them misleading information. Someone who is from the community and is well-known to them as an upstanding citizen.

It could very well have been a family member of the perpetrator.

Something or someone led the police to this "realization". Hopefully we will soon find out what it was!

May this week be the week!

Last edited:
I think that the most telling statement made by Superintendent Doug Carter was "We believe you are hiding in plain sight. For more than two years, you never thought we’d shift gears to a different investigative strategy, but we have."

My "take" on this is that L.E. somehow came to the realization that the perpetrator has been in L.E.'s midst, whether around the searches or has been interviewed.

I think that "Hiding in plain sight" could mean that they believe he flew under their radar. But not anymore. They are "beginning" to look at individuals who would have looked suspicious then but the person(s) was/were not the "suspicious-type".

The fact that the L.E. believes the perpetrator is from Delphi is intriguing.

Sounds like they are scrutinizing a few individuals (maybe even just one!) who they would never have considered them to be a suspect. But now they are focused on him/them.

It could even have been someone who gave them misleading information. Someone who is from the community and is well-known to them as an upstanding citizen.

It could very well have been a family member of the perpetrator.

Something or someone led the police to this "realization". Hopefully we will soon find out what it was!

May this week be the week!
Just a hunch, but I think they are likely looking at any person who has insinuated themselves into this case, in any fashion, no matter exactly where they are from....for reasons much like the ones you have listed here. IOW, my hunch is that this is their new investigative strategy.

Like you, I hope that this is the week...that every day is the day.

Several people were actually seen. I'm guessing LE has satisfied interviewing all that were seen except this one person....BG. The BG that more accurately fits the new sketch released. It seems like this person was seen without his jacket or coat on at some point.

LE admitted they had no vehicle information. So, IMO, they wanted to find out if anyone saw a man on foot between Delphi and other towns. Just in case. I think it was a shot in the dark. I'm afraid the car at the vacant lot may also be a shot in the dark (esp. after 2+ years). Same with the notion that BG would show up at the PC. Smacks of desperation to me. :(
Maybe, first they had the idea of a perp hitchhiking his way out of the area. Now (since when?) they have the info about a car, parked at the vacant building from noon to 5 pm. If the car disappeared after 5 pm, it had needed a driver. Perhaps it's exactly the same person? Did the hitchhiker return (with changed outfit/look) to get his car, "innocently" driving by (as a passenger or with another car, even a tow truck possibly) from the opposite direction?

Continuing to question why LE called off the search is, IMO, pointless. Dozens of people have offered reasonable and logical explanations as to why they did and why their protocol dictated that they did. People were still there even after LE called it off. If they'd continued having dozens of untrained folks canvassing the dark park into the early hours of the morning, it's very possible that the crime scene would've been compromised.

It's a circular argument. We see this on every thread. What's done is done and nothing can go back and change that. The girls had been dead for several hours by the time the search was called off.

The only people I've seen criticizing it are those who aren't involved with the case. The families have been nothing but supportive of LE's efforts.

mtnlites - I have to say I love your posts. You think things through and don't respond with any drama. And I am sorry for the loss of your son. I, too, am a member of the "Club" no mother ever wants to join. I lost my oldes son, Chris, 8/25/15 and miss him every minute of every day. My life will never be the same but I thank God for my younger two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member