Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-Year-Old Boy and Mother Missing for a Week, Police Ask for Help
According to Missing Persons Cases Network, a volunteer organization dedicated to finding those who disappear, the condition at Fretwell’s apartment was “suspicious.” The organization said that Fretwell’s family feared a possible abduction, but were instructed by the police not to disclose further details.

RSBBM

This may or may not end up relevant. Gives me a bit of pause. From the story linked above.
Salem mom, 3-year-old son missing; detectives on case

He said the woman "was pretty upset, concerned, really concerned."

Allen's and Karrisa's back doors face each other, so he said he told the woman he'd look in periodically at the apartment.

"I have noticed that the television screen, it's been on the same screen for about a week, so obviously there's no one in the apartment."​

Based on the news story linked previously Salem mom, 3-year-old son missing; detectives on case

Here is where Karissa lived.

Google Maps

The Quintero Apartments consist of 10 units. So there are two apartments in each building with one on the Ruge Street side and the other at the alley side (where the rear parking is).
Karissa's apartment should be either in the building with the pin on it or the building to the right of the pin. Whether it is the front or back apartment is not clear. The video accompanying the story zooms in toward one and with the visible brick it suggests it is a front apartment on the left. That would lead me to believe that it is the front apartment in the building to the right of the pin. However, there is a photo in the story with a caption claiming to show the apartment but that appears to be showing the building at the far left of the pin but that can't be right if her back door faces her neighbors back door. The front sidewalks (parking lot is in rear) lead up to access to the front doors of the apartments. Also, there is wooden fencing to the rears of all apartments between the buildings. The center building apartments would have a view of a wooden fence in both the front and the rear of the apartment.

If you look into court cases in Oregon under Karissa's name you will find one from 2018. That is a case that established Paternity and set child support. According to that record the case was closed on April 15th, 2019

Go to this link and then click on SmartSearch.
OREGON JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT - Online Records Search
I clicked on smart search. 8 Cases come up. Parking, Parking, Parking, Failure to Drive in Lane, Speeding, Speeding, Operating without driving privileges, and failure to carry proof of insurance. There are no records in there using that button about paternity. Did you use a filter to drill down further into records? Thanks!

LE isn’t giving out any info and the family is asking that people don’t post tips on social media. IMO they know or suspect something that they don’t want the public to know.

Some more media links:

A friend says she works as a nighttime security guard. I wonder who watches her son when she works?
Salem Police searching for missing mother and three-year-old son

Report: Fears growing for missing Oregon mom, 3-year-old son who haven't been seen in a week

Video footage of her apartment building in this link. Notice that there is not crime scene tape. Both of her vehicles are parked in front of the apartment. Salem mom, 3-year-old son missing; detectives on case

“According to Missing Persons Cases Network, a volunteer organization dedicated to finding those who disappear, the condition at Fretwell’s apartment was “suspicious.” The organization said that Fretwell’s family feared a possible abduction, but were instructed by the police not to disclose further details” 3-Year-Old Boy and Mother Missing for a Week, Police Ask for Help

Consider the source - but they have a lot of pictures: Desperate search for mom, 25, who went missing with her three-year-old son a week ago | Daily Mail Online

This is where Fox News will be posting updates, if there are any: Salem police ask for help locating missing mother, 3-year-old boy

Facebook Links:
Salem Police Department

The Oregonian

I clicked on smart search. 8 Cases come up. Parking, Parking, Parking, Failure to Drive in Lane, Speeding, Speeding, Operating without driving privileges, and failure to carry proof of insurance. There are no records in there using that button about paternity. Did you use a filter to drill down further into records? Thanks!
It is the case from 2018. It is the first one on the list. The type is filiation.

You will also find in her court records recent parking violations and if you look into those you will learn that while her car had parking violations it had been reported stolen earlier than the violations.
I’m not seeing anything about the Paternity case either. However, note that her car was reported stolen May 3 and recovered on May 10. Then she disappeared 3 days later? Could it be related?

I’m no seeing anything about the Paternity case either. However, note that her car was reported stolen May 3 and recovered on May 10. Then she disappeared 3 days later? Could it be related?
When I gave the instructions I said it was the case from 2018. You actually have to click on the case and look in it.

3-Year-Old Boy and Mother Missing for a Week, Police Ask for Help
According to Missing Persons Cases Network, a volunteer organization dedicated to finding those who disappear, the condition at Fretwell’s apartment was “suspicious.” The organization said that Fretwell’s family feared a possible abduction, but were instructed by the police not to disclose further details.

RSBBM

Who is the quote about the apartment's condition being suspicious attributed to? The Missing Persons Cases Network? Law enforcement? Karissa's family? Just wondering if that's an investigator's point of view as well.

If anyone knew the case would be solved. What are your thoughts on this case?
Hi, the tight lipped MSM reminds me of early days in single mother Kelsey Berreth's case.
Urged by LE, Her mother publicly plead for someone to come forward with information about Kelsey's location, but was QUITE silent about details and when asked if baby daddy, who lived separately as in this case) was involved LE said he was cooperating (he had the baby & wouldn't allow Kelsey's family to see her). LE & fam suspected she was deceased early on so the MSM focus was only to determine her location (still unrecovered today).
He, Patrick Frazee, has been charged in her murder.
Kelsey and Karissa seem similarly enamoured w their children, doing well as single parents, had inspirational quotes on social media, plans for near & distant future, and BOTH WOMEN had 2 cars that were found AT HOME.
In Kelsey's case, Patrick went to her home and left with both mother and child, but the mother was not alive when she left.

Snipped for relevance^

From the DM article
A car registered to Karissa is still parked in front of the apartment. The white Grand Am has a child's car seat in the back, according to reports.

Another vehicle - a green Mercury Mountaineer - is also parked outside. There is a college financial aid application signed by Karissa on the passenger seat.

BBM

I feel like this second car connected to her could be very important depending on who it belongs to. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave