TX TX - Tanya Michelle Williams, 1, Center, June 7, 1983

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The family was visiting the missing person's paternal grandparents and the MP went missing from the backyard of the house they were at.

Tanya Michelle Williams – The Charley Project

williams_tanya.jpg
williams_tanya2.jpg
williams_tanya_ap.jpg

• Missing Since 06/07/1983
  • Missing From Center, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 09/29/1981 (37)
  • Age 1 year old
  • Height and Weight 2'0, 25 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A red and white long-sleeved t-shirt and a diaper.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes.

Details of Disappearance
Tanya was last seen in Center, Texas on June 7, 1983. She was visiting her paternal grandparents at their home half a mile down a dirt road off Highway 7 when she disappeared from their backyard at dusk, shortly after 8:00 p.m. About twenty minutes passed before anyone realized she was missing. She has never been heard from again.

Investigators could find no evidence that Tanya wandered away from her grandparents' home; they believe she was abducted. Her case remains unsolved.

A 1/2 mile down a dirt road and they think she was abducted?? I can’t even wrap my brain around that. Who knew she was visiting?

“Tanya was last seen in Center, Texas on June 7, 1983. She was visiting her paternal grandparents at their home half a mile down a dirt road off Highway 7 when she disappeared from their backyard at dusk, shortly after 8:00 p.m. About twenty minutes passed before anyone realized she was missing. She has never been heard from again.

Investigators could find no evidence that Tanya wandered away from her grandparents' home; they believe she was abducted. Her case remains unsolved.”

There is a person with the same name, Tanya Michelle Williams but has an additional (likely married) surname on Facebook. The pictures of this woman's children or grandchildren have an uncanny resemblance to Tanya.

VANISHED: Tanya Michelle Williams | KETK.com | FOX51.com

I also found this from 2016 that suggests there more to the story but I have not found a follow up or any more info.
Tanya Michelle Williams

NEW ENGLAND COLD CASES: Tanya Michelle Williams

While looking through old newspaper articles for vanished children who could be connected to the Allenstown case, I came across this article about little Tanya Michelle Williams missing out of Mount Hermon, Texas in June of 1983. Tanya was not listed in any of the databases as still being missing but I could not find any articles that stated that she had been found, either. Using an obituary I found for a family member, I tracked down an aunt of Tanya's who informed me that her niece had never been found. I also spoke with the sheriff, now elderly, who had headed up the investigation. He told me that several years after she went missing, a tip was phoned in regarding her whereabouts. (More on that later!)

Tanya's case file had disappeared over the years but with the new information, it was clear to me that the first thing that needed to happen was that she be officially listed as missing. I went to Texas in April 2018 for Missing in North Texas Day where Tanya's aunt and I got her registered with NamUs which then led to her being listed with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. She is also now listed with the Charley Project.

Because of the story we heard from the old sheriff, we have wondered if there could be a connection between Tanya's case and the 1983 Texas case involving another curly-haired little girl, Desiree Carroll.

There will be more to come on the Williams case and it's an insane back story. Supposedly the Texas Rangers are investigating but time has passed and we may need to jump start things by going to the media.

VANISHED: Tanya Michelle Williams | KETK.com | FOX51.com

I also found this from 2016 that suggests there more to the story but I have not found a follow up or any more info.
Tanya Michelle Williams

NEW ENGLAND COLD CASES: Tanya Michelle Williams

While looking through old newspaper articles for vanished children who could be connected to the Allenstown case, I came across this article about little Tanya Michelle Williams missing out of Mount Hermon, Texas in June of 1983. Tanya was not listed in any of the databases as still being missing but I could not find any articles that stated that she had been found, either. Using an obituary I found for a family member, I tracked down an aunt of Tanya's who informed me that her niece had never been found. I also spoke with the sheriff, now elderly, who had headed up the investigation. He told me that several years after she went missing, a tip was phoned in regarding her whereabouts. (More on that later!)

Tanya's case file had disappeared over the years but with the new information, it was clear to me that the first thing that needed to happen was that she be officially listed as missing. I went to Texas in April 2018 for Missing in North Texas Day where Tanya's aunt and I got her registered with NamUs which then led to her being listed with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. She is also now listed with the Charley Project.

Because of the story we heard from the old sheriff, we have wondered if there could be a connection between Tanya's case and the 1983 Texas case involving another curly-haired little girl, Desiree Carroll.

There will be more to come on the Williams case and it's an insane back story. Supposedly the Texas Rangers are investigating but time has passed and we may need to jump start things by going to the media.

This is very interesting! Has anyone considered David Elliott Penton as a possible suspect?

Murkywaters، پست: 15081626، عضو: 101904 said:
Original

سیستم ملی افراد گمشده و ناشناس (NamUs)

خانواده در حال ملاقات با پدربزرگ و مادربزرگ پدری مفقود شده بودند و نماینده مجلس از حیاط خانه ای که در آن بودند مفقود شد.
How to contact this girl's family? I think this photo belongs to my childhood and my stepmother has confirmed it. <modsnip: removed personal information>

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Websleuths @Tyahsany !

To ensure that factual information is discussed on WS, links to MSM reports or LE statements are required for statements made as fact. The exception to this rule is when we have a Verified Insider that is a family member or friend to the victim or missing person.

The Verified Insider process is completely confidential and details can be found here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

To adhere to the standards WS has in place and best support families any posts stated as fact when someone is not a VI will be removed. Upon completion of the VI process, these posts may be reinstated.

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to use the report feature on this post or PM a Mod/Admin if you have any questions on the VI process.

- Mad

How to contact this girl's family? I think this photo belongs to my childhood and my stepmother has confirmed it. <modsnip: removed personal information>
To answer this question, I would suggest reaching out to the investigating law enforcement agency.

Here is their information:
Shelby County Sheriff's Office
Kevin Windham, Chief Deputy
936-598-5601

Agency Case Number: 2018040373

همانطور که در عکس نشان داده شده است چشمان تانیا قهوه ای روشن است، در حالی که عکس شبیه سازی شده دارای چشمان آبی است

همانطور که در عکس نشان داده شده است چشمان تانیا قهوه ای روشن است، در حالی که عکس شبیه سازی شده دارای چشمان آبی است
Translates to: "As shown in the photo, Tanya's eyes are light brown, while the simulated photo has blue eyes."

Tanya's eyes are listed as hazel. You listed yours as light-brown, which could also be considered hazel.
Age progression photos are an approximation of what a missing person might look like after a long period of time. Eye color and hair may change for a variety of reasons, e.g. light, age, health conditions, etc. Forensic artists don't have a crystal ball... they focus mainly on facial anatomy. They can't predict if a person with dark brown hair decided to bleach their hair, or a blue-eyed person decided to wear black contacts. It's all an approximation... "a color in between two colors". Hope this helps.

All MOO JMOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post on your profile got me curious as i do see a resemblance between your photo and Tanya's.
If you don't mind me asking, do you know under what circumstances you were found? The exact day and place? Or who found you... From there you can try searching newspapers from that era and find articles and particular events that could be related to your case. Track down the person who found you or people from the US who had connections to Iran... or human trafficking rings operating between the two countries...
I don't know if Tanya's DNA is available, but you could also try a DNA test.

JMO MOO

Translates to: "As shown in the photo, Tanya's eyes are light brown, while the simulated photo has blue eyes."

Tanya's eyes are listed as hazel. You listed yours as light-brown, which could also be considered hazel.
Age progression photos are an approximation of what a missing person might look like after a long period of time. Eye color and hair may change for a variety of reasons, e.g. light, age, health conditions, etc. Forensic artists don't have a crystal ball... they focus mainly on facial anatomy. They can't predict if a person with dark brown hair decided to bleach their hair, or a blue-eyed person decided to wear black contacts. It's all an approximation... "a color in between two colors". Hope this helps.

All MOO JMOO
You are right, all of Tanya's profile was like mine and defined by my stepmother, white with long curly brown hair, long eyelashes and honey-brown eyes, which is now brown, Tanya's birthday like me I was found by the police in Iran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back