Found Safe AL - Missing Family (2 Adults & 4 Children), Salem, 19 May 2019

Where do they live? Why the secrecy?

This is really weird. It's hard to imagine a family of 6 could just disappear! Who reported them missing?
Yeah. I have run all kinds of variations of FB searches like "son missing", "daughter missing", "grandchildren missing", etc. thinking that someone, somewhere might have posted something at all but I have come up with nothing. I will try to think up more kinds of variations and do some more searching but I don't think I am going to find anything. Maybe with this making the news - though I don't think it is in Atlanta media - will spur someone who knows them to post and then we can try to figure out what is going on.

They must have a FB for LE to have a picture.

For them to be walking, someone would have to have a large vehicle to pick six people up. Of course, someone with a cargo van could easily pick them up.

Isn’t Lee Road a two lane road leading into a country like area? We don’t know if they were last seen on 280 or Lee Road. How did LE get this much information?

They must have a FB for LE to have a picture.

For them to be walking, someone would have to have a large vehicle to pick six people up. Of course, someone with a cargo van could easily pick them up.

Isn’t Lee Road a two lane road leading into a country like area? We don’t know if they were last seen on 280 or Lee Road. How did LE get this much information?
Where they were seen in near where US 280 (US 431 shares the same road) and Lee Road 252 join. Lee RD is not the same road. There are numerous numbered roads in the county that are called Lee Road ###

So the area where last seen was here.
Google Maps

I doubt they were hitchhiking. Who has a 7-8 passenger vehicle that is willing to pick up strangers?

Is there a bus stop nearby?

The family was last seen traveling on foot on May 19 at approximately 2:55 p.m. near Highway 280 and Lee Road 252 in Salem.

Here's some info on Mississippi's public transportation system. Connect MS | Public Transit in Mississippi

Maybe they relied on that system to get around?

Maybe they arrived in the area by their own vehicle, broke down. Tried to contact friends or family, phone battery flat, so they can't make contact now. Are they heading to visit friends? Far fetched? Quite likely but why no names? Very weird indeed.

The area around there appears to be heavily wooded. I hope nothing untoward has happened to them.

9F611971-8AE7-40E3-8967-AD67141929F3.jpeg
The Lee County Sheriff's Office is assisting Cobb County Police Department with a Missing Persons Investigation. On Sunday May 19, 2019 at approximately 2:55 PM/CST this family was seen in the area of Highway 280 and Lee Road 252 in Salem, Alabama. At this time they would have been traveling on foot.We are trying to locate individuals who may have seen them or anyone who may have given them a ride. The two adults were traveling with 4 children(13 year old male, 11 year old male, 9 year old male and a 9 year old female). If you have any information please contact the Lee County Sheriff Office at 334-749-5651.

Have you seen them? Georgia family of 6 reported missing

LE must know who they are because they have the ages of the children in the original post. It gives one pause as to why that basic bit of information is missing. And one of the commenters on the Sheriff's Office site says it gives her a "Turpin vibe" and I could not agree more- just from the picture. Turpin or Hart.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTaylor
Back