MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, Just a bit of an update...... no new news. Ypsilanti Police have become very hostile to me. Evidently, after they told me they had contacted Parabon Labs in June of 2017, they did not like the fact that I checked with Parabon Labs in June 2018 and they informed me that they had not worked with the Ypsilanti Police! Ypsilanti Police did not like the fact that I had contacted Parabon directly. Thus since then, they have given me and my family the "cold shoulder". The detective told me that I had "crossed the line"! As always, I will continue to "dig" and if I find any "new" information, I will always forward it to them. They have said they do not want any "outside" assistance as they feel this is a very solvable crime! It has been over six years, I personally think they need all the help they can get. Let's just keep digging and I'll forward any viable information or "leads" to them. Thanks.

Hi All, Just a bit of an update...... no new news. Ypsilanti Police have become very hostile to me. Evidently, after they told me they had contacted Parabon Labs in June of 2017, they did not like the fact that I checked with Parabon Labs in June 2018 and they informed me that they had not worked with the Ypsilanti Police! Ypsilanti Police did not like the fact that I had contacted Parabon directly. Thus since then, they have given me and my family the "cold shoulder". The detective told me that I had "crossed the line"! As always, I will continue to "dig" and if I find any "new" information, I will always forward it to them. They have said they do not want any "outside" assistance as they feel this is a very solvable crime! It has been over six years, I personally think they need all the help they can get. Let's just keep digging and I'll forward any viable information or "leads" to them. Thanks.
Thank you for the update Trojan!
Don't give up hope. Every day it seems we hear of another "cold case" being solved by the amazing advances in forensic science, and so will Julia's.

Your determination makes it clear what an incredible and loving Grandpa you are. I look forward to the day where I see a post on this thread announcing the arrest of Julia's Perp.

I know it's been six long years, but that day is coming. And you know what Trojan? The Perp knows it too. Take some small consolation in knowing they live their life looking over their shoulder waiting for the knock on the door. No amount of lawyering up will save them from the fate that awaits them. But that fate we meter out here, is nothing compared to what waits for them in the afterlife...

My love and prayers continue for all of Julia's family and friends who have suffered unfathomable pain at the loss of this vibrant, promising young life. And, prayers surrounding Ypsilanti LE for continued dedication and determination in serving justice.

One day Trojan, the call will come. Most likely when you least expect. Keep the faith.

Hi Everyone - Julia's thread has been so quiet, so I thought I would share some research on serial killers that I found interesting, and thought you might too.

PDF you can download:

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/201801.0010/v1/download

Some highlights:

• Victims were mostly females (75.4%) and their ages ranged from 8 to 91 years.
• All (100%) of the serial killers were males.
• The average educational level for killers was a high school certificate or further education (70.2%).
• "The high education level reflects the intelligence level of these offenders". P.14
• 32.6% of killers were diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder.
• The relationships between the killers and the victims were mostly a customer and client relationship with (41.5%), then comes strangers (31.5%), acquaintances (12.1%), and finally targeted strangers with (11.7%) percentage.
• Number of victims in the scene ranged from 2 to 23 victims with 2 to 4 victims as the largest group with (60.9%), then 5 to 9 victims with (27.2%), and 10 or more with (12%) percentages.
• The motives for the killers were mostly for sex (81.5%)

And yes, this type of depraved and vicious attack could not have been the only time this Perp struck.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Never, never give up hope for Justice for Julia!

Recently I have tried to correspond with the YPSI Police. They have not responded to my latest email. I am very frustrated about our lack of communications.
Perhaps LE has clammed up because there were information leaks, or better yet, they are close to an arrest! Let us hope it's the latter!
Stand strong and resolute. Justice for Julia!

I received an answer from the Detective........ She will no longer meet with me or talk to me. The Chief of Police has told her to only talk to Kim (Julia's mother). Very frustrating for me. I can pass on any information that I feel will be beneficial but they will not correspond with me. I continue to pray for Justice for Julia.

I received an answer from the Detective........ She will no longer meet with me or talk to me. The Chief of Police has told her to only talk to Kim (Julia's mother). Very frustrating for me. I can pass on any information that I feel will be beneficial but they will not correspond with me. I continue to pray for Justice for Julia.
What an incredible Grandpa you are! You have never given up, even for a moment, to see Justice for Julia! Given this very strict control over communications and information flow, I would take that as a positive sign that something is developing. Of course, this is just my armchair amateur opinion. Let us pray it is so!

Having my daughters go off to college this past fall, living in the dorms, I think of Julia's case often. They chose two different schools (one is at an Ivy League & the other my alma mater). They are loving the new found freedoms and embracing their social lives, school work, classes and responsibilities. They both continue to work part time (very part time) at local stores. I can't help but think of Julia, doing all those same things until it was stolen from her during the prime of her life. I pray the family gets answers and justice for Julia!

Short update....... I have recently sent two emails to YPSI Police concerning Julia's case. I know they won't answer me but I have to try to keep contact with them and provide them with anything that could help solve this murder. Recently I mentioned GEDMatch just to possibly give them an idea. Doesn't hurt to pass on anything that may help. Justice for Julia.

Is that based on information that you've been hearing or just on hope? Do you think that James Turnquist will be the one arrested?
I am basing my amateur opinion and speculation on the incredibly rapid rate of significant developments in DNA forensics.

I have no speculations on who the Perp might be. I’m waiting, like everyone else, for the new DNA testing methodologies to be applied to this case.

Stay tuned...

Ypsi Police will now only talk to my daughter, Kim Turnquist, who was Julia's mother. Evidently they don't want to "share" any info with anyone else. I will continue my research and send them anything of value that I find or discover. Eventually, we will have Justice for Julia!

Short update. It seems that now when I send info to Ypsilanti, using my email, they won't even answer me. A nice short message such as "Thanks", "Got your email" or anything similar would be nice. I guess the Chief of Police, the Detective and the County Prosecutor are too busy to reply. This is very upsetting to me to say the least. I know it would take quite an effort for them to hit the reply button and type a small phrase of their choosing! This will not deter me from continuing my research and forwarding any information I find. Justice for Julia is what I want.

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/201801.0010/v1/download
Some highlights: ...
• "The high education level reflects the intelligence level of these offenders". P.14
• 32.6% of killers were diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder.
• The relationships between the killers and the victims were mostly a customer and client relationship with (41.5%), then comes strangers (31.5%), acquaintances (12.1%), and finally targeted strangers with (11.7%) percentage......

Some interesting reported findings. I think, however, that as in all such studies, one has to take into consideration other factors.

For instance, the study indicates that serial killers are of higher than normal intelligence. This is probably because the stupid ones tend to get caught early on. Those with a higher level of intelligence might "think through" their crimes, plan ahead, and learn from "mistakes" they make.

The statement that "32.6% of killers were diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder" might be misinterpreted to mean that the rest did not have psychiatric disorders. "Diagnosed" is the operative word here. Psychiatrists are very slow and reluctant to make any kind of diagnosis of mental disorders, and how many of these serial killers ever visit a Psychiatrist? The number of serial killers who have mental disorders probably approaches 100 percent in actuality.

The statistics about victims are interesting as well. I fail to see the difference between a stranger and a targeted stranger. But taken together, they would constitute 43.2 percent of serial killer victims, which would be the highest category. This is in contrast to other crimes, such as child abuse in which only 10 percent are thought to be committed by strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa