GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

Timothy Jones Jr. trial: testimony underway in trial of man accused of killing his children.

Streamed live on May 17, 2019

---

Streamed live on May 18, 2019

---

Streamed live on 5/20/17

Where in the heck was the mother in all of this?? She left 5 young children? Then she has the gall to cry on the witness stand! This is terrible. This guy had to work and take care of 5 little kids and did I read it right she committed infidelity. How can any mother leave one kid let alone five!

What? How is any of this her fault? She didn't make him kill his children. Sometimes when parents split, one parent ends up doing most of the parenting. That's usually the mother, but we don't seem to judge the fathers when this happens. But we do when it's the mother who leaves? Whether she cheated or not is totally irrelevant. Whether she left or not is also irrelevant. She may have had many reasons for doing so. Nothing justifies him murdering their kids.

What? How is any of this her fault? She didn't make him kill his children. Sometimes when parents split, one parent ends up doing most of the parenting. That's usually the mother, but we don't seem to judge the fathers when this happens. But we do when it's the mother who leaves? Whether she cheated or not is totally irrelevant. Whether she left or not is also irrelevant. She may have had many reasons for doing so. Nothing justifies him murdering their kids.[/QUOTe
I agree nothing justifies murder EVER. I just cannot see a mother leaving 5 kids one as young as a year old with a father who has a career job. That's nuts! She contributed to this. Total irresponsibility. Poor kids.

I agree nothing justifies murder EVER. I just cannot see a mother leaving 5 kids one as young as a year old with a father who has a career job. That's nuts! She contributed to this. Total irresponsibility. Poor kids.

Where in the heck was the mother in all of this?? She left 5 young children? Then she has the gall to cry on the witness stand! This is terrible. This guy had to work and take care of 5 little kids and did I read it right she committed infidelity. How can any mother leave one kid let alone five!
I believe she "had problems" and he had a really good career and income so he was able to look better in front of the judge and got custody away from her.

May 20, 2019

Caroline Hecker‏Verified account @CHecker_WIS 17h17 hours ago
Here are a few more pictures from today's emotional testimony in the Timothy Jones Jr. death penalty trial. @wis10

D7DLnRNWkAUpl5F.jpg
D7DLnRQWsAIrcKf.jpg
D7DLqtgWkAA8ZqB.jpg

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 17h17 hours ago
The ex-wife of Timothy Jones Jr. testified in her former husband's murder trial this afternoon.

I went LIVE outside the courthouse to break down what she had to say today.

(video clip: Tim Scott on Twitter )

Last edited:

Please don't judge the mother....

"...A messier divorce

Amber and Tim Jones separated and a custody battle was raging by summer’s end.

On one side: Tim Jones, who accused his wife of being unfaithful with a next-door neighbor. According to divorce papers, Tim Jones returned home unexpectedly to find the other man, 19, hiding in the closet of the master suite.
“I am looking into moving to Mississippi with the children, where I have a large family support system,” Tim Jones wrote in a 2012 affidavit. “I will search for a job in Mississippi. I am employed and I am capable of caring for my children ...”

On the other side: Amber Jones, who was now six months pregnant with the couple’s fifth child. Several months earlier, she had walked into the Lexington County Sheriff’s Department and reported a string of threats made by her husband, including one to snap her neck. She declined a DSS caseworker’s referral her to Sistercare, a nonprofit for survivors of domestic abuse.

Tim Jones had the upper hand in the court case, including his $71,000 job at Intel, a divorce attorney and a glowing affidavit from his therapist who described him as a “highly intelligent, responsible father who is capable of caring for his children as the sole custodial parent.”

Amber Jones had none of those things — only an isolated existence along a lonely stretch of road and the pressures of caring for four young children in cramped quarters.

The divorce papers displayed her supposed sins.

But not Tim Jones’. There is no mention of his 2002 prison stint in the Big Muddy Correctional Center in Illinois, where he served time for cocaine possession, car theft, burglary and passing forged checks on his father’s account. The 20-year-old paroled out in about a year in a case of a“typical teenager doing stupid stuff,” according to Tim Jones Sr. in a 2014 interview with The Associated Press.

And so it was ordered on Oct. 14, 2013 by a family court judge. Tim Jones was granted physical custody of all five children, including baby girl Elaine, who would be born in December. Amber Jones reconciled herself to every other weekends and holidays.

The court issued one final judgment on supposed misdeeds: “In no event will the parties permit any paramour ... to be present during overnight visitation.”..."

Trial of SC man Timothy Ray Jones Jr., accused of killing his 5 children, could shed light

Last edited:
Caroline Hecker‏Verified account @CHecker_WIS 2h2 hours ago
Day 6 of the Timothy Jones Jr. trial is underway. We're planning on hearing from two witnesses before lunch. First up is Agent Cynthia Bobe, who is testifying about taking Jones' cell phone into evidence. @wis10

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 2h2 hours ago
After a delay lasting a little over two hours, the jury has entered the courtroom.

First witness of the day: Cynthia Bobe, an agent at the Jackson, Miss. FBI field office.

Bobe talks about how she drove to Atlanta to give the cell phone found in Jones's car to Shelby Derrick, a crime scene investigator who testified yesterday.

She didn't leave them, he got custody in the divorce. He got custody of the baby BEFORE IT WAS BORN. Not when it was a year old. This judge literally gave him custody of a newborn straight from the hospital. It's astonishing.

I understand the income thing, sure. But wouldn't it make more sense to have the one parent care for the kids while the other parent is working? It's just crazy... even more crazy because the mom was like completely frozen out. She wasn't even listed as a contact for the kids at school!

Lots of single moms have to work and take care of their kids but we don't excuse them if they kill them.

We don't know why she didn't have primary custody. Maybe it wasn't her choice. Maybe she had mental health issues. Looks like there was a court order. At least she didn't kill them and stuff themin garbage bags.

He was supposed to take care of them and work. He was their father.

No. Even if she had left voluntarily she did NOT contribute to their murder unless she knew he was abusive or unstable and did nothing to try to protect them from that.

Please don't judge the mother....

"...A messier divorce

Amber and Tim Jones separated and a custody battle was raging by summer’s end.

On one side: Tim Jones, who accused his wife of being unfaithful with a next-door neighbor. According to divorce papers, Tim Jones returned home unexpectedly to find the other man, 19, hiding in the closet of the master suite.
“I am looking into moving to Mississippi with the children, where I have a large family support system,” Tim Jones wrote in a 2012 affidavit. “I will search for a job in Mississippi. I am employed and I am capable of caring for my children ...”

On the other side: Amber Jones, who was now six months pregnant with the couple’s fifth child. Several months earlier, she had walked into the Lexington County Sheriff’s Department and reported a string of threats made by her husband, including one to snap her neck. She declined a DSS caseworker’s referral her to Sistercare, a nonprofit for survivors of domestic abuse.

Tim Jones had the upper hand in the court case, including his $71,000 job at Intel, a divorce attorney and a glowing affidavit from his therapist who described him as a “highly intelligent, responsible father who is capable of caring for his children as the sole custodial parent.”

Amber Jones had none of those things — only an isolated existence along a lonely stretch of road and the pressures of caring for four young children in cramped quarters.

The divorce papers displayed her supposed sins.

But not Tim Jones’. There is no mention of his 2002 prison stint in the Big Muddy Correctional Center in Illinois, where he served time for cocaine possession, car theft, burglary and passing forged checks on his father’s account. The 20-year-old paroled out in about a year in a case of a“typical teenager doing stupid stuff,” according to Tim Jones Sr. in a 2014 interview with The Associated Press.

And so it was ordered on Oct. 14, 2013 by a family court judge. Tim Jones was granted physical custody of all five children, including baby girl Elaine, who would be born in December. Amber Jones reconciled herself to every other weekends and holidays.

The court issued one final judgment on supposed misdeeds: “In no event will the parties permit any paramour ... to be present during overnight visitation.”..."

Trial of SC man Timothy Ray Jones Jr., accused of killing his 5 children, could shed light

Let's be real. She was punished for being a (rhymes with glut). But if he had been the cheater, I bet he would still have been granted a huge amount of custody.

In CA, the spouse who earns less is entitled to an award of attorney's fees from the spouse who has more, to level the playing field.

Poor woman. She was on her own in the court system and had her newborn ripped from her and given to a criminal.

She didn't leave them, he got custody in the divorce. He got custody of the baby BEFORE IT WAS BORN. Not when it was a year old. This judge literally gave him custody of a newborn straight from the hospital. It's astonishing.

I understand the income thing, sure. But wouldn't it make more sense to have the one parent care for the kids while the other parent is working? It's just crazy... even more crazy because the mom was like completely frozen out. She wasn't even listed as a contact for the kids at school!

Child support is supposed to deal with income. If one parent makes more he or she is supposed to pay support to the other. Decisions about custody aren't supposed to be made based on income.

Happily that's the actual law here in CA. Not sure what the law is there.

This is a gothic tragedy IMO, where status and gender played a role in what happened to these kids.

They were taken from their mother and given to their violent, criminal father because he had money and because cheating is aapparently and unforgivable sin.

Man it almost feels like Iran down there in South Carolina. Backwards as hell.

There is quite an extensive list of investigations by DSS into the family during the marriage (2004-2013). Possible abuses were still being reported after the divorce.

Mother of 5 slain Lexington County children sues SC DSS

Mother sues South Carolina for granting custody of her children to ex-husband who killed them | Daily Mail Online
[not the most reliable source, but this is all I can find right now on why the father got custody]

The DSS landed on the father's side of the custody battle after he argued he was in a better position to care for the children than Ms Jones because of her 'lifestyle', according to divorce records seen by the Daily Beast.

But, according to the lawsuit, the abuse continued and Jones was reported to the DSS again in April 2014 after a large bruise was found on one his daughters.

Day Five of Trial:
Ex-wife of Timothy Jones takes the stand in murder trial
Once the two were divorced, they both agreed that Jones be the primary caretaker, but she could visit the children from time to time.

“He had a steady job, he had a roof over his head, he had a vehicle,” said Kyzer.

From yesterday in court, recap:

'My babies should be alive:' Mom of 5 SC children who were killed testifies

Amber testified that Tim was very goal oriented, very smart, and everything he set out to do he accomplished, and she found that very honorable.

She was not attending college and has no high school degree.

“Women are to be seen and not heard, keep the children out of the way… at one point wanted a farm full of children,” Amber said of her marriage to Tim

Tim filed first for divorce while Amber was pregnant with Abigail. Tim was tested and proved to be the baby’s biological father.

The two came to an understanding/arrangement where Tim had primary custody — financially he was the best provider, while she was getting on her feet, but she did not give up her parental rights.

She couldn’t afford lawyer, so she agreed to joint custody with Tim having physical custody of the five children. Visitation was to be supervised by Tim, to placate him, according to her. “I would do anything to see my kids,” she said.

Tim would not allow Amber to visit with the children in the home she shared with her future mother in law.

Amber testified that Tim encouraged her to come back to him, but she did not accept his proposal.

She was eventually able to buy the kids clothing, things they might need for school, and wrote checks for support when she could. Visits usually took place at Chick-fil-A in Lexington. Tim decided when she could see them.

In 2014, she testified, she was able to see them less frequently, sometimes Tim would punish the kids by not allowing the kids to see her.

She became aware of the DSS report on Nahtahn in 2014, although DSS never reached out to her.

The couple had gotten into one routine: Amber would call Tim at 7 p.m. every night in order to talk to the kids.

-[Much more at above link]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back