Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might explain why sketch one who was sighted near the trails around the time of the murders rose to greater significance than sketch two, a person who somebody “saw something” regarding him that appeared suspicious maybe even before or after the murders.

LE have never said the murderer was sighted on the trail and so I think he wasn’t. And if nobody saw him, it’s likely he didn’t walk the public trail in order to get to the bridge.
I agree. I don't think BG was walking back and forth along the trails in plain sight, since he probably wanted to limit his exposure to potential witnesses. I think he found a convenient place to park, maybe even secluded from view, from which he could get to the bridge. He decided to act when he had the girls cornered at the end of the bridge and he could see no one was about to cross the bridge at the other end. He got them "down the hill" as quickly as possible, so they'd be out of sight. I think he killed the girls, got to his car, and left the area before anyone knew something was wrong.

It might explain why sketch one who was sighted near the trails around the time of the murders rose to greater significance than sketch two, a person who somebody “saw something” regarding him that appeared suspicious maybe even before or after the murders.

LE has never said they believe the suspected murderer was sighted on the trail by anyone and so I think he wasn’t. And if nobody saw him, it’s likely he didn’t walk the public trail in order to get to the bridge.

ETA - That he knew he wasn’t sighted might’ve been the reason he committed murder.
I'm willing to get on board with this for a minute. So let's say the vehicle wasn't BG's. And he didn't walk the trail. Where did he come from?

He either had a vehicle somewhere else, or he lived within walking distance of the trail. But how did he know the girls were there?

If you’re referring to the two different sketches, what would be the reason for LE to state the sketches are of different people if there was reason to believe the murderer was disguised?
Because although they don't know who the person depicted is, maybe they suspect/know the person behind the depiction. MOO.

I'm willing to get on board with this for a minute. So let's say the vehicle wasn't BG's. And he didn't walk the trail. Where did he come from?

He either had a vehicle somewhere else, or he lived within walking distance of the trail. But how did he know the girls were there?

Let's say that those particular girls were not his targets.

What if the perpetrator went there with the intent to kill a female. He ended up killing two.

He knew that area very well and knew he had just enough time to do his monstrous deeds. It seemed to be common knowledge that the school was closed that day.

I still believe that B.G. disguised himself and there were hidden objects in his coat.

What reason would he have to walk on the bridge - on that particular day - and at that particular time (no one else was on the bridge on that time)?

B.G. was dressed very warmly - not much of his face was even showing. Why did he choose to walk on such a precarious bridge - on that day? It's not as if he was walking on a trail - but on a bridge that looked unsafe?

LE has never said they believe the suspected murderer was sighted on the trail by anyone and so I think he wasn’t. And if nobody saw him, it’s likely he didn’t walk the public trail in order to get to the bridge.

ETA - That he knew he wasn’t sighted might’ve been the reason he committed murder.
I'm not sure you meant it to sound like the reason he was not sighted was the reason he committed the murder, but I do believe that he was careful not to let anyone see him and, if he was spotted, he would not have gone through with the murder.
He may have cut through the woods to get to the bridge or at least so he could avoid walking as much as the trail as possible. Maybe this is one reason LE thinks he is familiar with the area. Imo

As the L.E. have deemed the older sketch "secondary" and the recently released one "primarily" - is this the same person but all bundled up?

Otherwise, I would think that the L.E. would tell the public to completely disregard the initial sketch.

Somehow the two sketches are possibly intertwined.

There was a later clarification in an update by ISP after the Press Conference (link posted just above):

“It is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches

• They are not the same person
    • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation........”

Didn’t LE say he might even look younger than his age?

It’d be difficult for someone who looks younger than his age to disguise himself to appear older than his age without appearing very suspicious IMO.

Oh, I think BG did a very good job of dressing up to look older than his age. Not suspicious at all, imo... just successful. The fact that LE says he might look younger than his age, imo, has nothing to do with how he appeared when he had finished preparing himself that day.

LE have stated the two sketches are of two different people. After the PC, there were several “ updates”.....aka clarifications.

Here’s the complete list, just for reference.

BBM

Indiana State Police release new sketch of Delphi murder suspect | Carroll County Calendar
UPDATE FROM INDIANA STATE POLICE ON APRIL 23, 2019:

Delphi, IN – The Multi-Agency Task Force is providing the below points of clarification after yesterday’s informational news conference.

• A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
  • The location of the abandoned CPS building was 6931 West 300 North, Delphi, IN
    • The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant
  • The Multi-Agency Task Force is seeking tips and information about how the subject depicted in the sketch is linked to the Delphi area.
    • The Task Force is not asking for investigative suggestions
    • Tips on the suspect sketch are our main interest
  • When sending a tip to the abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com email address, please do not leave just a name and number to call
    • Provide specific tip information in your email
    • Please include your name and contact phone number
      • This is for investigators to follow up if they need clarification on your tip
      • Your contact information will remain confidential

UPDATE FROM INDIANA STATE POLICE ON APRIL 24, 2019:

Delphi, Indiana – In the early days and months of the Delphi Murder investigation information was developed about suspect descriptions. It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation. Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

It is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:

• The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
Members of the Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22nd, especially if that person has changed their appearance since the murders occurred in February of 2017.

Bump. Good info re the sketches.

I'm not sure you meant it to sound like the reason he was not sighted was the reason he committed the murder, but I do believe that he was careful not to let anyone see him and, if he was spotted, he would not have gone through with the murder.
He may have cut through the woods to get to the bridge or at least so he could avoid walking as much as the trail as possible. Maybe this is one reason LE thinks he is familiar with the area. Imo

Yes thank you. you expressed my thoughts better than me.

There was a later clarification in an update by ISP after the Press Conference (link posted just above):

• The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation........”

A = BG
B = Sketch1
C = Sketch2

so B is not C

but B was A for 2 years
but now B is not A
now C is A

right?

In the following Indiana Police Bulletin, they state:
"This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered."

Here is the Indiana State Police Bulletin:

New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

April 22, 2019
Look at the sketch, listen to the audio, watch how this coward walks on the high bridge and send your tip to this email: Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

sketch-for-isp_crop.jpg

This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered

Last edited:
Yes thank you. you expressed my thoughts better than me.
I thought that's what you meant.
I think you express your thoughts very well. Just wanted to confirm.
I do think that he was very careful not to be seen as opposed to going to great lengths to disguise himself. Imo

Last edited:
In the following Indiana Police Bulletin, they state:
"This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered."

Here is the Indiana State Police Bulletin:

April 22, 2019
Look at the sketch, listen to the audio, watch how this coward walks on the high bridge and send your tip to this email: Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

sketch-for-isp_crop.jpg

This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered

When LE speaks with confidence about this new sketch, I like to keep in mind that for two years they were just as confident the old sketch depicted the suspect. Hard to know what to think sometimes.

A = BG
B = Sketch1
C = Sketch2

so B is not C

but B was A for 2 years
but now B is not A
now C is A

right?

Dear kc1023,

I agree. Well set out! If you're not a teacher - you should be!

The witness(es) who described features for B (Sketch) 1 was deliberately misleading L.E. so that the B sketch pretty well matched BG's still photo.

Something or someone led the police to realize this. This was likely what caused so much anger expressed during the recent press conference.

It caused them to go towards a "new" direction.

As the L.E. says (with depiction of new sketch):
"This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone..."

Last edited:
A = BG
B = Sketch1
C = Sketch2

so B is not C

but B was A for 2 years
but now B is not A
now C is A

right?

Great job at the math! I think what it proves is there was an error in the original hypothesis of “B is A”.

As we know nobody actually witnesses the murder, all police have to go on is which lead appears most promising during the course of their investigation, so now they have substituted C for B.

Dear kc1023,

I agree. Well set out! If you're not a teacher - you should be!

The witness(es) who described features for B (Sketch) 1 was deliberately misleading L.E. so that the B sketch pretty well matched BG's still photo.

Something or someone led the police to realize this. This was likely what caused so much anger expressed during the recent press conference.

It caused them to go towards a "new" direction.

So B doesn’t actually exist. There isn’t a person who matches B who has been identified and cleared, B was a red herring all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail