POLL - Did Chase Merritt murder the McStay family?

Did Chase Merritt murder the McStay family?

• Guilty

Votes: 154 91.7%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 14 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think he did, but am so relived that we don't decide guilt by opinion. (not saying we do much better in some cases, though...)

Lol, true. My opinion would be exactly the same as if I had been one of CMs jurors.

What's greater to realize about public opinions is they do not decide guilt even before a suspect is known or an arrest has even been made.

It's those premature public opinions I'm glad that doesnt decide guilt in a court of law. Thank goodness for that!

This poll result is very much inline with other polls about whether a defendant is guilty or NG.

It seems there will always be a few who will vote NG on each trial. Just the way it normally plays out.

Imo

I don't believe in too many coincidences. 100% GUILTY

Exactly.

So once again I will quote the wise words of ADA Rick Distaso that he said in his closing argument in the death penalty case against Scott Peterson since it very much applies to the Merritt case as well.

I believe THIS DT is even worse with wanting the jury to believe so many facts in evidence were mere coincidences.

' How many coincidences are you willing to believe, and still be able to call yourself reasonable minded people?'

May justice for the McStay family of four come soon!

imho

Maybe this has already been asked and answered, but is this poll asking if we believe he’s guilty, if we believe his guilt has been proved, both, or neither?

Maybe this has already been asked and answered, but is this poll asking if we believe he’s guilty, if we believe his guilt has been proved, both, or neither?

I didnt create the poll of course, but I believe they are asking our own personal opinion whether we believe he is guilty or not guilty.

Like Nancy Grace has said many times.

If you BELIEVE he or she defendant is guilty then the state has met their burden of proof to make you believe the defendant is guilty.

While I dont particularly care for Grace, I do agree totally with her on this one point.

It works either way for me. I 100% believe he is guilty beyond all doubt, and I do believe the state has met their BARD proof of guilt.

Jmo tho

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back