Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Indiana State Police made it as clear as they could, imo.

Excerpt from the ISP Bulletin:

New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

"Look at the sketch, listen to the audio, watch how this coward walks on the high bridge and send your tip to this email: byandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com "

sketch-for-isp_crop.jpg

"This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered"

Last edited:
I think you’re referring to this below. It’s very confusing too, why hold a PC if they already have the information. It sort of makes me question if the senior officers who are authorized to publicly speak on the case have good knowledge of the facts because what Riley says is different than what Carter has said. But here he’s not actually quoted saying the driver and the suspect are connected. It’d be interesting to see the actual interview because it could also be the reporter’s mistaken assumption drawn from the previous PC, in the form of adding background information to this report.

“Police are still hoping for fresh tips about one piece of information released in the news conference.

"We're still looking for the car that was parked in the lot," Riley told News 18. "If somebody can give us that information, we want that information as quickly as possible."

The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.

The car would have been seen between noon and five on Feb. 13, 2017 at the old DCS parking lot, according to police. The office is on County Road 300 North near the Hoosier Heartland Highway. The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant.

Since police believe the killer is local, and because the case has received so much of their focus over the last two years, News 18 also asked Riley if there was a chance the killer could be someone police have already interviewed.

"Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."...”
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
The importance of the car and tying into why they believe the killer is local... sounds like they believe the car belongs to the killer, at least to me. It allowed them to move around quickly, versus a hitchhiker or someone on foot.

Maybe they know who the car belongs to, but they couldn’t match it up to anyone on the trails that day. Maybe all other persons on the trails were matched to their vehicles, except that one. I hope this makes sense, because now I'm confusing myself. :/

What to make of it, maybe the owner / driver claimed to be elsewhere, if so the car was left there for what reason?

The person apparently gave them the information they were looking for..... Apparently? Maybe regarding their alibi?
Idk, about the time I think I have it figured out, then I don’t.

Does anyone remember an interview with BP, where she said that when KG (Libby's sister) dropped the girls off. "There was one other vehicle in the lot" ? I can't find it. Not the barking dog interview. Do we know who's car that is? Thanks in advance if you go looking. :)

If LE didn’t know who the sketches depict they couldn’t state “they are not the same person”. Very little information has been released but I think we can’t ignore what has been.

Indiana State Police release new sketch of Delphi murder suspect | Carroll County Calendar
I agree they must know who that is and if they know who the sketch depicts that is good - if it is a genuine person that was on the trail, or nearby. If it isn't a genuine person, ie the witness made it up, then some charges should be forthcoming. MOO

I agree they must know who that is and if they know who the sketch depicts that is good - if it is a genuine person that was on the trail, or nearby. If it isn't a genuine person, ie the witness made it up, then some charges should be forthcoming. MOO

They probably wouldn't want to do that until after they identify and arrest the real BG. Too much distraction.

Hi all, long time lurker first time posting. This is probably going to be a really long post, as I want to get everything I’ve been pondering on here to see what you guys think.

Everything below is my amateur opinion and speculation, nothing is to be taken as fact.

I wonder with the new sketch, if NBG is towards the younger end of the age range given by investigators. I’m thinking somewhere around 18 at the time the murders were committed, as he would possibly be more free to come and go from his parents house without having to explain where he’s going or what he’s doing. Following this train of thought, the following is just me trying to think of a different possibility that I have not seen posted. (This case is what brought me to websleuths, so I’ve read a good majority of the earlier threads, but could have missed some of this being discussed or forgotten about it as we are on thread #103 now...)

Maybe BG was a high schooler that had the day off as well. I wonder if he had been playing around with different nefarious fantasies in his head and the day the girls were murdered, was him acting out on these fantasies.

As far as his disguise, if he was a high schooler, I could see him borrowing dad’s clothes to disguise himself as being older than he actually was.

I wonder if he went to the bridge with the intention of kidnapping someone, as it would be a popular hangout spot for teens. I also wonder if he had an extra change of “just in case” clothes in his car.

I don’t believe that he would have parked at the old abandoned DCS building, as that would have been a bit of a walk for him to get to while controlling whomever he ended up trying to abduct. To me, the spot that makes the most sense for him to park his vehicle is somewhere along the highlighted road that TL4S was kind enough to post. (I had to steal your picture and upload it myself because I couldn’t figure out how to reply to your thread and include the picture. Sorry if this is not allowed, I wanted it to be easier for you guys to see the image I was referencing. Again thanks TL4S for uploading the image.)

I believe that he passed the girls going NB on the bridge and then turned around as some have speculated. This is what makes the most sense to me. If his car was parked somewhere along that path, it would be easier to get someone back to the vehicle without being spotted by other trail goers, plus it wouldn’t arouse suspicion from the girls immediately as they could have thought it was someone that had been walking the trails and was going back over the bridge to get to their car and leave.

I believe LG’s hinky meter went off as he turned around on the bridge and she was able to think quickly about getting her phone out and recording him. I believe she was waiting on AW to get off of the bridge before they ran, as it has been stated by family that the girls would not leave each other. I also don’t think AW was aware of the urgency that she needed to get off of the bridge, as she would have had her back to BG and not seen him turn around, and LG couldn’t really say anything without tipping BG off that she knew he was going to do something.

With LG being aware enough to get video, I believe they knew the rule of not letting your abductor get you to a second location.

I believe he caught up to AW and LG at the south end of the bridge and was trying to get them to go right towards his parked vehicle along the highlighted path. Instead, I believe the girls took off to the left, as it would be impossible for them to run back across the bridge due to its instability.

I believe their intention was to run the way they went, over the river and through the cemetery to get back to the main road and head towards the drop off location, hoping to find someone to help them, and having the video to show LE the perpetrator that attempted to abduct them.

Unfortunately, I believe BG caught up to them at the cemetery and forced them back down the hill, to where they were found. I believe that’s when the audio that was released was recorded, and I believe that will be all that will be released audio-wise as the video could be nothing but the girls trying to make their desperate escape, which no one needs to hear.

I believe what was supposed to be a smooth abduction turned into a chase to prevent the girls from IDing him and then a rage killing as how could they even have the audacity to think they could escape from him.

I believe that the BG went back the way they came after washing up a bit in the river, and went back to his parked car, changed into his backup clothes and left.

I believe the reason they released a sketch and not a picture is because the only clear shot they have of his face, that AW was in the frame at an angle that it would be impossible to crop or edit her out. I believe this was at the south end of the bridge right before they made a run for it.

I don’t believe that BG had a gun, I tend to lean more towards a knife as it wouldn’t seem odd for someone to be carrying a knife on their person. I live 1 1/2 hours away from Delphi and it wouldn’t strike me odd at all if I saw someone carrying a knife on them. Most of the guys I know have at least a pocket knife on them for multiple uses.
It would make sense to me that he could have slit their throats and left them in the river to drown. I believe AW wasn’t fully deceased so she tried to crawl towards the cemetery to get help, and succumbed to her injuries in the process.

I believe the hair on NBG in the newest sketch is just a generic hairstyle, much like how they “plug in” hair and eye color when doing a facial reconstruction on a John/Jane Doe’s skull. As he was wearing a hat in the video, it would make sense that they would have the face, but have to “plug in” a generic hairstyle to make the sketch look complete. I believe they left the hat off to give a “cleaner” look to the sketch and make it look more like what BG looks like normally.

I also believe that the request for the information about the vehicle was an appeal to the witness that came forward a few days after the girls were discovered. I believe the witness was one of BG’s friends that was hanging out at the freedom bridge with other teens most of the day. I believe that BG came and met up with them after the murders to create an alibi. I could see BG acting weird once there were searchers out there so quickly, and it striking the friend as odd enough to call in a tip.

I believe his story was dismissed early on as either BG had someone to give him an airtight alibi as to where he was before he met up with his buddies, or because there were more witnesses on the trail that were describing someone that looked more like OBG. As the case seems to have more investigators going back over it with “fresh eyes”, I believe someone caught this information that had been previously disregarded or forgotten, and now they are smacking theirselves in the face as to why it was overlooked earlier. I also believe that the friend came back in and was requestioned with LE taking their statement more seriously this time, since they are no longer requesting information on the vehicle.

I believe them saying that they’re “one tip away” is them appealing to whomever has given BG their airtight alibi. I believe it is them telling the person to stop covering for him, can’t you see he is a monster? Look at what he did to these poor girls.

I believe the reason that no one is jumping up and pointing a finger to him is because he, in a way, is similar to Ted Bundy, in the sense that he seems like a completely normal person in his day to day life. I believe he is one of those kinds of people that the locals are looking at his similarities to the sketch, but then saying “oh it couldn’t be him, he’s the nicest guy in town, always going out of his way to help others. He’s smart and is going places, there’s no way he would be behind something so heinous.”

I also agree with other posters that he is the kind of person that can lie seamlessly, without anyone ever questioning his lies. I believe he is someone that has worked hard on his everyday appearance to people so that when he did act out on his fantasies, no one would ever think to question him. I believe that when he is caught, there are going to be a lot of people that are completely flabbergasted that he was behind it.

Everything above is MOO. Just throwing my thoughts out there, please feel free to pick it apart because it seems like every other avenue has been exhausted.

Praying today is the day we catch this monster.
No problem on the photo...glad it could help! :)

I like some of your points. One thing, though, IMO, if the "down the hill" was said after a chase, I think you'd hear more anger and breathlessness in his voice? JMO

Dear @missmargot,

This is exactly how I see it. Someone mislead the police by describing the features in the old sketch (by making it similar to the B.G. photo).

I, too, call this a red herring as defined by the dictionary: "something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting."

My thought is that Superintendent Doug Carter expressed anger through his words at the press conference because the L.E. had come to the realization that they had been misled.

The person in the first (original) sketch hasn't been found because he doesn't exist.

The recently released sketch of a clean cut young guy is their suspect who disguised himself (in the video Libby took).

If the police now know that the witness, who gave info for the nr 1 sketch, was intentionally misleading police, then I would assume that they are now investigating that witness in order to see if they can find a relative, friend or loved one of that witness that match the new nr 2 sketch.

No problem on the photo...glad it could help! :)

I like some of your points. One thing, though, IMO, if the "down the hill" was said after a chase, I think you'd hear more anger and breathlessness in his voice? JMO

This is true, I didn’t think of that. I guess the only way that my suspicion would make sense is if he somehow held them long enough to catch his breath and regain his composure, which doesn’t seem likely as he would increase his risk of being seen by someone passing the cemetery.

Thanks @TL4S for the input!

And thanks @zencompass for the warm welcome!

MOO parking in the cemetery would be far more public. It's active and anyone going there would be looking to see whoever was with the vehicle what grave they were visiting or might be irritated if they thought someone was using the cemetery for trail parking. Cemetery has fresh flowers and flags, so is well frequented.
I’m wondering how busy would the cemetery have been between 12 and 5 on a Monday?

Like doing a jigsaw puzzle with some of the pieces missing and no picture on the box lid to follow!

I’m wondering whether NBG wasn’t actually spotted there and that’s why the sketch and witness were initially dismissed, but something has happened since to link the two. What? I have no idea...

MOO.
Perfect analogy! And, I tend to agree with you on your point, being, he was not initially linked to the bridge at all and now something has changed that?

He did not want to be seen by someone or more than one someone who may have come to the cemetery to visit a grave. MOO
If BGs vehicle was the one parked at the CPS/DPS building there are a lot more people that could’ve seen it. People coming to walk the trails, people just driving by, people on the highway. That seems like a riskier spot than the cemetery.

If BGs vehicle was the one parked at the CPS/DPS building there are a lot more people that could’ve seen it. People coming to walk the trails, people just driving by, people on the highway. That seems like a riskier spot than the cemetery.
The cemetery does not provide good access to the NW end of the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy