Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the slightest idea.
I do not know where the SOI is currently imprisoned .
The prosecution were accused of conducting an illegal search recently and as far as I know they stated they spoke with his fellow inmates, while he was attending court and did not actually search his cell themselves, but watched it being searched, remember the piece? He had more books than allowed and we never got the titles..
Is it possible the FBI actually believe they received significant information from the other prisoners on that occasion and is this an attempt to discredit one or both parties or the procedure itself, again? just speculating..
But, coming this close to the actual jury selection is a tad concerning. Out of the order of things.

That the US offered no objection to their motion and filed their reply within a few hours after it was made, when they had until noon today to do so, says to me that they don’t think these inmates will have anything to say that will damage their case.

That the US offered no objection to their motion and filed their reply within a few hours after it was made, when they had until noon today to do so, says to me that they don’t think these inmates will have anything to say that will damage their case.
Either that or defense made some very potent arguments in favor of doing it. That document is not visible. Yet. Sadly.

For what purpose?

IMVHO, to try and eliminate part, if not all, of the jailhouse informant's testimony against BC. To possibly weaken the case against him.

I don't think BC will walk. I am hoping and praying if a plea deal is struck, it includes the location of YYZ's remains.

And, thanks again to All for the updates and document links.

Prayers for justice for YYZ.

IMVHO, to try and eliminate part, if not all, of the jailhouse informant's testimony against BC. To possibly weaken the case against him.

I don't think BC will walk. I am hoping and praying if a plea deal is struck, it includes the location of YYZ's remains.

And, thanks again to All for the updates and document links.

Prayers for justice for YYZ.
I doubt very much jailhouse informant (SOI) is housed in same prison.
In this particular prison are inmates who can probably testify that FBI interviewed them while BC was absent, one day. It is possible they may also testify to other matters regarding illegal cell searches etc.
Who was it that said some time ago that if it's a thing he gets life inside instead of DP that other prisoners need to be protected from his mind games?
It is highly unlikely their unusual request is in an effort to benefit the prosecution. It is also possible they will try to eliminate any intelligence discovered during that visit by FBI.

So , in essence, the defense is gonna try and get one of these inmates to say something they actually think will help their case?? So, on the one hand , they were crying foul at having an informant placed in there, but it's all ok if it helps them??? Pardon my french , but bulldoodle!!

I wondered whether the Defense were planning a last chance to discredit someone or something. Bring a huge amount of doubt onto the case. Oh I know the Defense have their job to do but this bunch try continually to make fools of the entire case and Court system. Makes my blood boil.

I doubt very much jailhouse informant (SOI) is housed in same prison.
In this particular prison are inmates who can probably testify that FBI interviewed them while BC was absent, one day. It is possible they may also testify to other matters regarding illegal cell searches etc.
Who was it that said some time ago that if it's a thing he gets life inside instead of DP that other prisoners need to be protected from his mind games?
It is highly unlikely their unusual request is in an effort to benefit the prosecution. It is also possible they will try to eliminate any intelligence discovered during that visit by FBI.

BBM

I hope & pray that all correctional center staff have training to protect themselves & us from this!!!

JMHO YMMV LRR

Where is Ms. Zhang?
images

Just in.... appears loaded..
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076.348.0.pdf
The Extent to Which the Government’s Cross-Examination Opens Doors Cannot Be Determined at this Time Next, in a brief paragraph, the government asserts that Dr. Sorensen may not testify concerning “prison facilities or their alleged abilities to manage and guard against inmate violence," id. at 4, citing United States v. Johnson, 223 F.3d 665, 672-75 (7th Cir. 2000). As the Motion notes, the defense has indicated that it does not plan to get into this area on direct examination. The Motion does assert, without specification, that “some of [the] slides” that have been provided the government “’may broach’ this topic.” Motion, at 4. To the extent that the government has legitimate concerns about particular slides inappropriately referencing the area of BOP’s abilities to monitor and control inmates, the slides can likely be appropriately revised if called to the defense’s attention. Although the government does not address the scope of its desired prohibition in the brief paragraph raising this issue, the suggestion in the heading of Point II on page 4 of the Motion goes too far. In that heading, the government suggests that Dr. Sorensen

somebody else needs to decipher this.. the bit about slides? What slides and slides of what? Damnit. I just got this sinkin' feeling that the slides will show the mind of somebody truly dangerous and insane.
This is looking like mental illness is back on the table... but I was up all night and stupid with tiredness?

Edit= Jonathan Sorensen - Wikipedia

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/bsl.2370130105

I'm assuming that the insanity bit for the penalty phase is back on the table because the evidence they possess is so graphic that it will lead to no other conclusion during the trial- only a madman could have done this.
Thus it rolls int0 penalty phase.
Therefore it's on and our boy has successfully avoided Govt shrink who would have blown his cover apart in 5 minutes flat.

Document is highly loaded with sarcasm. Judge cannot miss it.
Are they attempting to get themselves disbarred as someone else asked recently?

Last edited:
here's the other one, I'm now tearing my hair out
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076.349.0.pdf
ok, so this precedes the one above it.

I note from one above this that he appears to be taking the stand.
He plans to enjoy himself. He has it all worked out.
I'm asking why the hell he didn't plead insanity at the outset?
Ego? Tactical?
And if I'm reading this correctly, the reason he intended pleading sanity for the trial is because he knows that nobody in their right mind could ever have done what he just did to YY.
He knows it, prosecution know and defense know and probably the judge knows.
Me, me me me me me me me me me me me,
and a dead girl whose life me slaughtered is no more than an inconvenience.

Last edited:
I note from one above this that he appears to be taking the stand.
He plans to enjoy himself. He has it all worked out.

I really hope he does take the stand. Hopefully he sells himself down the river. All of his past behavior, including before the horrible day he took YY, indicates he thinks he is smarter and superior to everyone around him. We know differently. Hopefully this attitude of his betrays him and he screws up and lets something slip. I can hope, right?

Edit: I swear I'll get the formatting correct one day.

I really hope he does take the stand. Hopefully he sells himself down the river. All of his past behavior, including before the horrible day he took YY, indicates he thinks he is smarter and superior to everyone around him. We know differently. Hopefully this attitude of his betrays him and he screws up and lets something slip. I can hope, right?

Edit: I swear I'll get the formatting correct one day.
of course you can hope. We are drained of hope here and we need it badly...
I hope we can find her remains, preferably intact, but all the odds are a million percent against that happenin'.
Missing person-YY Zhang.
After that I don't care what happens to him but hope it's excruciatingly painful.

Kitty, 2 good posts there, thanks. I'm going to have to hold off until I've slept and look again when I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow.

I still have hope but it's weakening, I can't let that happen, won't let it happen. I must be strong and get back my hope that a small crumb turning up is better than nothing.

Good night.

little bit of the local news coverage of recent events:
Yingying Zhang murder trial: testimony about UI Counseling Center
I still don't understand what the heck the Defense is even up to other than possible delay!
Well, it's highly likely his visits to the UofI therapists were part of his plan... he did not mention his Fetlife antics to them, nor that he attempted rape or sexual attack on girl in graveyard, just a year after he married Michelle, nor that he had a girlfriend...
those events prove he was lying. Possibly had factored it into his plan to kill someone.
Agree re defense tactics.
Unless any of his fellow inmates witnessed the slaughter or provide him with an alibi for the time , it seems a tad 'wasteful'- I cannot imagine the costs they are running up in their seemingly endless budget to acquit him, at taxpayers' expense.

little bit of the local news coverage of recent events:
Yingying Zhang murder trial: testimony about UI Counseling Center
I still don't understand what the heck the Defense is even up to other than possible delay!

Delay is in the forefront of my mind too. What else could it be at this late stage if not to cause delay.

Mind games, that's what they are up to. BC has got his defence team dancing to his tune and like idiots they are not only dancing to his tune but singing along too.

Not too long now and we can get underway, unless .......... whoops, I deserve a slap on the hand for even thinking it.

Delay is in the forefront of my mind too. What else could it be at this late stage if not to cause delay.

Mind games, that's what they are up to. BC has got his defence team dancing to his tune and like idiots they are not only dancing to his tune but singing along too.

Not too long now and we can get underway, unless .......... whoops, I deserve a slap on the hand for even thinking it.

BBM

'fraid you're right, here, altojack, very afraid.

Wonder if the move from PhD track to terminal Masters involved -- no one in the department still willing to work with him???

Makes me think of Hannibal Lecter, in Silence of the Lambs & Red Dragon, able to manipulate corrections officers & LE.

Very afraid.

JMHO YMMV

Ooohh, I read the book Red Dragon, not sure I could stomach an on-screen version!

Keep in mind the while watching Silence of the Lambs on videotape, I yelled at Clarice Starling/Jody Foster "DON'T GO IN THERE!!! DON'T GO IN THERE!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla