CANADA Canada - Courtney Struble, 13, Estevan SK, 9 July 2004

Hi all,

Just quickly browsing through old-ish threads here, so excuse me if I have missed something obvious, but I happened to notice that Courtney here disappeared on July 9, 2004 from Estevan, while Tamra-Keepness, 5, disappeared 4 days earlier on July 5th from Regina, just 200 km (120 miles) away. I had suspected there to be some mention of this, but neither case does. While it could be coincidence, two young girls disappearing so close together (in time and location) could potentially be connected.

July 10 2018
14 years later, RCMP still looking for Courtney Struble
missing-person-estevan-courtney-struble-2004-1.jpg

Courtney Struble has been missing since July 8, 2004. (RCMP)

"A little more than fourteen years ago, 13-year-old Courtney Struble left her friend’s house after watching movies. That was the last time anyone saw her.

Struble went missing on July 8, 2004, on the outskirts of Estevan as she walked to her dad’s place.

Even with all the time that has passed, police remain committed to finding her.

In 2009, the Estevan Police Service asked the RCMP historical case unit to conduct an independent review of the file.

“Have a different set of eyes to look at it and then in April 2010, determined that her disappearance was, in fact, a homicide,” said the RCMP’s Rob King".

Just to add, the m.o. was very different in these cases (after doing some reading on Courtney's case)
Tamra: age 5, ethnicity: a original, taken from her home while other children in home/same room undisturbed
Courtney: age 13, ethnicity: caucasian, taken while walking home on public street

Imo courtney could have been a crime of opportunity while tamra seems a planned thing.

Hi all,

Just quickly browsing through old-ish threads here, so excuse me if I have missed something obvious, but I happened to notice that Courtney here disappeared on July 9, 2004 from Estevan, while Tamra-Keepness, 5, disappeared 4 days earlier on July 5th from Regina, just 200 km (120 miles) away. I had suspected there to be some mention of this, but neither case does. While it could be coincidence, two young girls disappearing so close together (in time and location) could potentially be connected.

July 9 marks 17 years since Courtney Struble vanished

The RCMP Historical Case Unit took over the investigation a decade ago, and has since been treating it as a homicide. They have received leads, and have been in Estevan on numerous occasions, but nothing that would lead to an arrest.

Keely Grasser with Saskatchewan RCMP media relations said the investigation into the disappearance of Courtney continues to be active and ongoing.

“As such, we can’t yet speak to details of the investigation,” she wrote in an email to the Mercury.

I wonder whether she lived with both her parents at the time, or whether they were separated.
They are separated and had been at the time . She was my really good friend I hung out with her the day before:( and alot of things have been said to of happened but we don't think she was taken by a stranger

Bump...

From Sasktoday:
"Struble disappeared on July 9, 2004. At the time of her disappearance, she was 13 years old. She had been watching movies with friends. When the time came to go home, she declined a ride, opting for a walk. All of her friends and family members claim they've never seen her since."

From RCMP:
"Courtney Jenelle Struble was just 13 years old when she went missing on Friday. She had been visiting with friends near the veterinary clinic in Estevan, Saskatchewan, that evening. Later in the night or early the next morning, Courtney left that area, heading west. The exact route she took is unknown. That night was the last time anyone saw Courtney; she was never heard from again. Her disappearance is being investigated as a homicide."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back