CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that it came out in the trial, but I don’t have links on hand.
I should have worded this differently. I know it happened. Did the trial factually establish that it was Chase? Or is this the prosecution's claim?

I recall that it was trace DNA in trooper. Could have happened if they shook hands good-bye on the 4th. Let me put this another way. Is it a fact that CM was in the house on the 4th. Did they put him there via cell phone or witness? Again, is this fact? Same question with Qbooks. Did the authorities factually prove this to be true or are you speculating?
Maybe you should check out the forum posts from the beginning to get up to speed on the case - or watch the trial videos on youtube (under Law & Crime network.) There's a wealth of information that has already been presented.

I recall that it was trace DNA in trooper. Could have happened if they shook hands good-bye on the 4th. Let me put this another way. Is it a fact that CM was in the house on the 4th. Did they put him there via cell phone or witness? Again, is this fact? Same question with Qbooks. Did the authorities factually prove this to be true or are you speculating?

The DNA experts testified that there is no way to tell how DNA is deposited onto an item (touch v direct). It is essentially up to the jury to decide whether it was touch or direct. I personally believe CMs DNA ended up on the steering wheel via direct transfer. CMs DNA profile was found in larger quantities than Summer's DNA.

IMO MOO etc at

NO, it wouldn't likely be from trace DNA from an alleged handshake. Why would trace DNA from an alleged handshake days earlier still be there on the steering wheel , AFTER someone else drove that car an hour or more away from the home?

And Chase's DNA was more prevalent than Summers was. That says to me that he drove it recently.

As for the QBooks--YES, it is fact, and CM even admitted it. So there is no question that it was him. He tried to say that Joey told him to make that call. But there is zero evidence to support that, and a few things that make it unlikely.

I'd say it is highly probable that CM was in the house on the 4th because who else would write a check out in chase merritt's name then delete it, and create another one and cash it, the next day? Chase cashed that check. So who other than him created it?

Also, Chase lied to detectives about those checks, and told them Joey gave him the checks at lunch on the 4tth.
But that was a lie.

He has no alibi for the night of 4th, other the the one he tried to fake, by getting CJ to lie for him. And the cell phone evidence showed that she tried to call him in a flurry of calls, that went unanswered.

The neighbours video footage shows a work truck very much like CM's, leaving the home that night. And in his own words ---Chase was absolutely the last person Joey saw that day.

Last edited:
Actually, Summer's brother said that a neighbor told him that the dogs were barking a lot so one of the other neighbor's came and fed the dogs and stuff.

about 3:00 of this video:

Mike said in testimony that he believed that Animal Control told him that they left the food (this is what I recall from when he was posting early on when he posted on InSessions), and that they were there 2 or 3 times.
47:30 of this video:

Thank you missy for providing the video link to Summer’s brother’s comments. Mike kept coming to check the house and the neighbors fed the dog. CM wasn’t the only one who fed the dog.

Summer’s brother - “Mike’s the one who came and checked on the house. I was in HI. He kept, kept, on coming in and checking on the dogs and realized they hadn’t been home because the dogs were still out and the neighbors said the dogs had been barking a lot. I talked to one of the neighbor’s yesterday. He said that uh, one of the neighbor’s, they noticed the dogs were barking a lot said one of the other neighbor’s came and fed the dogs and stuff.

——————-
Link to MSM article mentioning the neighbors feeding the dogs...

Where did the McStays go?

Dr Rudin just testified that the error rate on comparisons of an evidence vehicle versus the suspect's actual vehicle - 2 or 3 inches difference in measurement between the two is not a big difference really. He said no one has really done statistical work/research really on photogrammetry of vehicle comparisons/measurements and work does need to be done on that. He said he usually just goes with a 5% error rate. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23