AR AR - Ryan, Infant under 1, & Ruby Burt, 2 years old, Abducted by Mother, Fort Smith, 16 July 2005

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
No Photos

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number 1166458

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact July 16, 2005
NamUs Case Created June 21, 2011
Last Known Location Map

Location Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901
Sebastian County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ryan Burt was abducted by the non custodial (mother) parent on 07/16/2005.
Ruby Burt was abducted by the non custodial (mother) parent on 07/16/2005.

Both children have brown hair and brown eyes. They would be teenagers today.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

AR gov Never Forgotten Website:
Details
Details

Please help find photos and more info on this case.

Kinda odd that theres no photos because they could do age progression. As a teen you're starting to drive, work, look at colleges. These two likely have no clue they're missing!!

I’ll see if I can find any other info. Wasn’t there a case in the last year or two where some teens were “found” but had no idea they were ever missing?

Kinda odd that theres no photos because they could do age progression. As a teen you're starting to drive, work, look at colleges. These two likely have no clue they're missing!!

I often worry in cases like this that kids are not in school and therefore are not being encouraged to go to college or get out in the world too much. By now they should have their own social media accounts and be easily findable-- unless they are using aliases. And at the age these two disappeared they might not even know their real names.

MOO.

I’ll see if I can find any other info. Wasn’t there a case in the last year or two where some teens were “found” but had no idea they were ever missing?

Doesn't ring any bells with me, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a case like that. A lot of parental kidnap cases don't get any publicity. :(

MOO.

Maybe it was a storyline for Law & Order or one of those shows.

Anyway, I can’t find any more info on Ruby and Ryan. I did some digging on Ancestry.com and general Google searches and didn’t find anything. If anyone wants to pursue this I think a call to the contacts on NamUs and see if we could at least get the parents names.

What I find interesting is, there are no birthdates listed. Who had custody in 2015 that they wouldn’t or couldn’t provide dates of birth? The Dad, Gma, aunt, child services?

What I find interesting is, there are no birthdates listed. Who had custody in 2015 that they wouldn’t or couldn’t provide dates of birth? The Dad, Gma, aunt, child services?

I imagine LE probably knows their dates of birth. NAMUS usually does not put DOB in their public profiles.
NCMEC will include the DOB if they have it.
Strangely, the NCMEC number included in the NAMUS link did not bring up any results when I searched it. Could they have been located?
Why would NAMUS and the AR Gov Missing Persons website still have their profiles up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back