VT - Austin Colson, 19, Royalton, 11 Jan 2018

Good Morning -

Does anyone following this story know who RW was working with or for other than the known people on Beaver Meadow and on Turnpike in Norwich?

I wonder what is going on with Austin's case. They have the right guy, so what is the hold up? He got to enjoy his summer at home while Austin did not, nor did Austin's family get to enjoy it much because of their grief.
I think they are looking for someone that saw them together that day or video to prove that they were actually together that day.

Richard Whitcomb was in federal court facing firearms charges.

Colson's father is asking for the public's help in providing police with evidence:

"We believe Rich and Austin may have met someone near Exit 16 in Enfield, New Hampshire, and we would like that person to come forward. That would be helpful," dad Dana Colson said.

Whitcomb worked as a caretaker at the barn where Austin Colson was found. He has not been charged in the case.

Prime suspect in Upper Valley homicide appears in court

Interesting, to say the least. I wonder if they found anything at his father-in- laws house- the gun in particular. Me thinks RW was too smart to bring the gun back, wherever he got it from. It's probably in the Connecticut River.

https://vtdigger.org/2018/10/12/pol...rants-connection-austin-colson-homicide-case/

Sara Willey Whitcomb, who is Whitcomb’s wife, said that police were searching for a “particular gun” and were focused on her father’s house, which shares a driveway with the Whitcombs’ home. Both homes are in Edward Willey’s name, according to assessment records.

The only thing I can think of is that LE just does not have enough and are hoping to find something to cinch the deal.
I agree, whatever weapon was used is in the river or thrown off the Quechee Gorge bridge!

The only thing I can think of is that LE just does not have enough and are hoping to find something to cinch the deal.
I agree, whatever weapon was used is in the river or thrown off the Quechee Gorge bridge!
Well, rumor has it he's got away with murder before, so does this surprise us that he would get away again?

I don't know but it does not seem to be going anywhere.

NORWICH, Vt. —Jan 11, 2019
One year after South Royalton teen Austin Colson disappeared, no arrests have been made in connection with his death.
Austin Colson's death was ruled a homicide after the medical examiner determined he was shot in the head.

Richard Whitcomb has been named a person of interest in the case. He's not been charged with Austin Colson's murder or disappearance.

1 year after disappearance, no arrest in Austin Colson's murder

Suspect in Austin Colson disappearance case challenges firearms evidence

Hopefully this link works. It has info about the hearing. Also, a side note the barn where Austin's body was discovered months later has recently caved in. The pictures of it are a bit creepy with what some say seems to appear in them. I tried to post them as well but can't seem to. There is a Justice for Austin FB page where they can be seen.

Wednesday's hearing at federal court in Rutland was in regards to two motions filed by Whitcomb's attorney asking to separate the two counts of his indictment as well as not to include several statements and evidence at trial. The U.S. Attorney's Office opposes the motion to suppress statements and evidence.

Prosecutors called seven witnesses to the stand Wednesday.
The defense claims that Whitcomb's Fifth and Fourth Amendment rights were violated. The defense did not call any witnesses, but prosecutors asked to call one more to the stand. Another hearing has been set for May.

Person of interest in homicide back in court on unrelated federal charges

IMO....he has some good attorneys. What a strategy. Fight to keep the evidence suppressed before you get charged and in another unrelated charge. Just throw a claim out that his rights were violated and make the Prosecutors prove that they were not. Lets hope they are wrong and just grasping at straws.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back