Deceased/Not Found IN - Najah Ferrell, 30, Avon, Hendricks County, 15 March 2019

“Avon Assistant Police Chief Brian Nugent said even though nothing was found during Monday's search, the K9 indicated something may be in the pond. They took that dog away and brought in a second K9 that indicated the same thing, so they will be back out searching again around 9 a.m.”
(This morning)

Source: Water search on city's west side connected to Najah Ferrell case

It's about 1/2 mile north of Rockville Road.

There's a Speedway at that intersection and I've often wondered if she stopped there for coffee. Everyone down here seems to love Speedway coffee.

OK- I drive past that pond at least weekly and it has a giant aerator/ fountain in the middle - sprays easily 10 - 15 feet in the air 24/7. I suspect it would set a dog off on an alerting frenzy if there were remains in it.

MAY 21, 2019
Police: No more searches planned in case of missing Avon mom Najah Ferrell
As Avon police continue to pursue answers in the case of missing mother of five Najah Ferrell, they spent part of this week combing a west-side pond in Indianapolis for clues.

Deputy Chief Brian Nugent told IndyStar that nothing was found during the searches on Monday and Tuesday. No additional operations are planned in the coming days.

[...]

Rescue crews search pond for remains in connection with missing Avon mother Najah Ferrell
[...]

Police say it wasn't a tip that led them to the body of water. Instead, they're backtracking her route to work they believe she took. They are looking for any additional evidence or human remains.

The search was called off today after investigators found no additional evidence.

[...]

MAY 22, 2019
Latest on Najah Ferrell

Thanks for providing this, I just watched it.

At about 37 seconds in there is a map that shows her home as well as some apartments. Does anyone know what relevance the apartments have? Maybe I missed something earlier in the case or am just drawing a blank it has been such a quiet case for so long. I thought she left home to go to work.

Thanks for providing this, I just watched it.

At about 37 seconds in there is a map that shows her home as well as some apartments. Does anyone know what relevance the apartments have? Maybe I missed something earlier in the case or am just drawing a blank it has been such a quiet case for so long. I thought she left home to go to work.
She did leave home to go to work, and they are searching along the route they believe she took. That route includes the pond/lake behind the apartments where cadaver dogs hit. MOO

ETA: Map - Google Maps

Last edited:
She did leave home to go to work, and they are searching along the route they believe she took. That route includes the pond/lake behind the apartments where cadaver dogs hit. MOO

ETA: Map - Google Maps

So the apartments have no meaning necessarily, they were checking water, had a hit and checked further, from what we know anyhow?

Thank you.

Just saw this and immediately thought of Najah:

15 hours ago
“INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Police are investigating after human remains were found in a suitcase in the Bean Creek neighborhood on Indy’s near southeast side.

The discovery occurred around 1:30 p.m. on Memorial Day. Two people were walking through the area when they found a suitcase in the creek. Police say they opened the suitcase out of curiosity and found human remains.

[SBM]

This is considered a death investigation, but the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department says they are not able to call the death suspicious at this time.

[SBM]

IMPD says the human remains don’t belong to an infant or a baby. It is unknown if this is connected to the Najah Farrell case or any other case.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Human remains found in suitcase in creek on Indy’s near southeast side

"This is considered a death investigation, but the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department says they are not able to call the death suspicious at this time."

WTH? How is a body in a suitcase NOT suspicious? I hope this discovery provides answers for someone's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back