CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhmmm no one has heard this and posted it????

At around the 24:00 mark, he says that the truck would have had to have been 1 foot underground to have matched the video. McGee asks him, so the only way that the truck can match the video is for it to be underground, should it be excluded? Rudin: Yes.

ETA: Oops forgot to say Part 2.

I think Mike said the 4th or 6th IIRC :) So, no, you are not losing it lol

I also think it was Dugal that thought Mike was at Chick-Fil-A on the 4th, during Merritt's interview, there is a convo between Dugal/Fiske about it,.. this is from my notes, this is when Chase makes the comment that no one else was there (at their meeting... which some take literally meaning that no one else was in Chick-Fil-A LOL)... DuGal and Fiske talking to each other and saying 'did Michael say he was at Chick-Fil-A' and Dugal says 'yeah', she asks 'what time' ... 'lunch'.. F: 'maybe it was before'... then she asks who went their first, you or him.
Thanks Missy. I know about them asking about MM being at CFA. I distinctly recall someone asking about the 4th. I thought how uncanny is this? Could he have driven by his brothers house not realizing what was to come or what had already happened? Also recall that MM said he could have been in the area or near the area for a job?

At around the 24:00 mark, he says that the truck would have had to have been 1 foot underground to have matched the video. McGee asks him, so the only way that the truck can match the video is for it to be underground, should it be excluded? Rudin: Yes.

Wow! So Rudin excluded CM’s truck?

Okay! I have read Joey's email again and I stand by my original post, "A good friend would never threaten (and I'll add, in any way, shape or form) another friend and their family. We do not know that DK never threatened Joey of physical harm. One of the reasons I say that, is, I noticed in the IM's between DK and Joey, DK wants Joey to ring him, he appeared not to really want to IM, his (DK's) preference of communicating was by phone. Oh he's cunning alright and I believe Joey was familiar with the verbal abuse and threats of physical harm DK would resort to over the phone and Joey being the smart guy he is, preferred to IM so he would have proof if he ever needed it. Smart guy. IF it was DK on trial instead of CM I've no doubt the prosecutors would have a field day with him too! ALL MOO
Totally agree. DK wasn't a loyal friend, IMO. Nor was the defendant.
But I do think Joey had a cadre of loyal friends.
They just weren't in business with him.
Many of them posted on the boards back in the day.
Yes, we have no way of knowing if DK made more threats.
But the same could be said for the defendant.
Who knows if he threatened him?
We do know that the defendant told LE if he was gonna kill anyone it would be DK.
What is your take on why he would say this?

The parenthetical part is your own addition. We don't know what Joey's demeanor was.

Something like, for example: "If you offend me, hey, I know how to burn down a house. Good luck!"

There was no indication whatsoever that Joey was afraid of CM.
DK made threat to Joey. CM never did.
Was physical threat entailed in DK's threat? Hard to say. But CM never made any threat to Joey, physical or otherwise.

It was a threat, and Joey said "Now, I, Summer & Kids know the "Real You" and what you would potentially do to harm me and my family". Serious enough?

you said:

"Hard to say. But CM never made any threat to Joey, physical or otherwise."

How do you know that ^^^for a fact?

Maybe CM stood over a bound and gagged Joey, and threatened to make him watch his wife and babies die a brutal death?

We have no idea if CM ever threatened Joey or not.

We know he stole checks from Joey and forged his name, and cashed them to the tune of thousands of dollars.

If Joey had found out , when the first checks began clearing Joey's bank, around the day that Joey went missing, would he confront Chase?

If so, would Chase threaten him? I think he would not only threaten him, but he would carry out his threats to the extreme. JMO

Not sure if I'm counted among the "good peeps", but here is what I can help a little:
Part 2 @48:00 Rudin on Liscio's work:
"If you allow this error, you can match anything to anything. But that's not the worst part..."
Right, says the expert fired by the Prosecution, about the expert who replaced him.

My Dad was a defense attorney. I learned a lot from my Daddy, and one thing I learned was that you can ALWAYS find a paid expert to testify to what your client needs. Always.

And Rudin never noticed that previously when he first testified that CM's truck matched?

Totally agree. DK wasn't a loyal friend, IMO. Nor was the defendant.
But I do think Joey had a cadre of loyal friends.
They just weren't in business with him.
Many of them posted on the boards back in the day.
Yes, we have no way of knowing if DK made more threats.
But the same could be said for the defendant.
Who knows if he threatened him?
We do know that the defendant told LE if he was gonna kill anyone it would be DK.
What is your take on why he would say this?

Joey and Chase spoke several times a day. He considered Joey his best friend. If I knew someone was threatening my best friend it would make me very angry, especially if I had any reason to believe that person caused my friend to "disappear". jmho

Right, says the expert fired by the Prosecution, about the expert who replaced him.

My Dad was a defense attorney. I learned a lot from my Daddy, and one thing I learned was that you can ALWAYS find a paid expert to testify to what your client needs. Always.

oh cmon, was he fired or was he just not called because he did more calculations and found that it excluded the truck? There is a big difference there IMO Of course the prosecution was not going to call him after he found that the truck would have to be 1 foot in the ground to match the video! I just got to the part where he requested to do a live reprojection (?).... he found out that they had the truck still and that the camera still existed, he could place the camera in the exact same spot and guide a driver to the exact same spot on the street. The prosecution said no and they didn't have time! <<<< I wonder how the jury feels about the "time" thing with all the time off they have had? He said it would have taken an hour or 2 to do. His analogy... someone says it's raining, someone else says it's sunny... why do the math if you can just open the door and look?

Yep.Battle of the egos and the experts. I can't help but wonder after all these months if the jurors will spend time on this? I would be focusing on every word from the defendant's mouth. And, month's of observing him in the court room. And, CJ's testimony which is big, IMO.
I am all about keepin' it real. MOO.

And Rudin never noticed that previously when he first testified that CM's truck matched?

Nope, he did more calculations after the 402 hearing, within a week he said. He was asked if he informed the prosecution... obj/sustained. Asked if he was told to stop working? ojb/sustained. Asked if he was called as a witness to testify? objection and the judge said 'I think it's obvious' lol

you said:

"Hard to say. But CM never made any threat to Joey, physical or otherwise."

How do you know that ^^^for a fact?

Maybe CM stood over a bound and gagged Joey, and threatened to make him watch his wife and babies die a brutal death?

We have no idea if CM ever threatened Joey or not.

We know he stole checks from Joey and forged his name, and cashed them to the tune of thousands of dollars.

If Joey had found out , when the first checks began clearing Joey's bank, around the day that Joey went missing, would he confront Chase?

If so, would Chase threaten him? I think he would not only threaten him, but he would carry out his threats to the extreme. JMO
Really, are we writing a novel or are we stating the facts of this trial and the evidence, pro or con, for sending a man to death row. jmo smh

Yep.Battle of the egos and the experts. I can't help but wonder after all these months if the jurors will spend time on this? I would be focusing on every word from the defendant's mouth. And, month's of observing him in the court room. And, CJ's testimony which is big, IMO.
I am all about keepin' it real. MOO.

But keeping it real.... if that is NOT Merritt's truck, isn't important to know who's vehicle it was? or if it was the McStay's leaving in one of their own vehicles?

Snipped by me

In all of that there's not one word about DK physically harming Joey and his family nor is there any indication whatsoever that Joey was afraid of DK physically harming him or his family.
Exactly, and they had a falling out and DK even tells JM he doesn't hate him.
And besides in the end they came to an amicable agreement. And DK did attract the customers to JM's business through the website, and DK and JM got upset with each other about it all. It sounds from the transcript posted up that DK didn't feel appreciated for how he had helped JM establish the business.
It happens with people who are in business together, and i remember my husband saying years ago "business and friendship aren't a good mix", and i believe that is true. Keep those things separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie