CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.Battle of the egos and the experts. I can't help but wonder after all these months if the jurors will spend time on this? I would be focusing on every word from the defendant's mouth. And, month's of observing him in the court room. And, CJ's testimony which is big, IMO.
I am all about keepin' it real. MOO.

Imagine different jurors choosing different parts of the trial as they wish.

Joey and Chase spoke several times a day. He considered Joey his best friend. If I knew someone was threatening my best friend it would make me very angry, especially if I had any reason to believe that person caused my friend to "disappear". jmho
That's assuming that the defendant knew about the email.
IMO, the defendant said that because DK ran interference after the disappearance.

Well the vehicle in the video morphed from the Trooper into CM’s truck. :rolleyes: Did anybody see a tailpipe in the original surveillance video? I didn’t.
If the so called experts are confusing the issue then what can anyone really make of it anyway? We are not the experts and the experts should be giving clarity on this issue, IMO.

Yep.Battle of the egos and the experts. I can't help but wonder after all these months if the jurors will spend time on this? I would be focusing on every word from the defendant's mouth. And, month's of observing him in the court room. And, CJ's testimony which is big, IMO.
I am all about keepin' it real. MOO.
If I am a juror, and I'm keeping it real, I'll be paying close attention to the concrete evidence in the case. The jurors already requested to see the actual truck. Rudin did the original data on the Mitchley video, but the Prosecution decided against using him because they didn't like his conclusion. As a juror I would be wondering what other assertions the PT has made that might be questionable. Judge Smith reinforced that when the PT kept objecting and he acknowledged it was obvious why. It would really make me angry to discover there was exculpatory evidence that was being concealed by the State in a death penalty case. jmo imo moo

That's assuming that the defendant knew about the email.
IMO, the defendant said that because DK ran interference after the disappearance.
Ran interference to the point Merrit blew up on him according to SB's testimony, with DK denying him any further money for jobs that had already been paid for. That's why IMO the comment by Merritt to LE that if he was going to murder anyone it would be DK.

If I am a juror, and I'm keeping it real, I'll be paying close attention to the concrete evidence in the case. The jurors already requested to see the actual truck. Rudin did the original data on the Mitchley video, but the Prosecution decided against using him because they didn't like his conclusion. As a juror I would be wondering what other assertions the PT has made that might be questionable. Judge Smith reinforced that when the PT kept objecting and he acknowledged it was obvious why. It would really make me angry to discover there was exculpatory evidence that was being concealed by the State in a death penalty case. jmo imo moo

He changed his conclusion in the middle of his testimony. Why would they want too continue with him at that point?

Would the defense have continued with him as their defense expert if he suddenly told them he refigured his data and now he plans to say it is absolutely CM's truck? Would you expect them to put him on the stand for their case?

IMO MOO etc etc...The faro scan is small potatoes. The biggest hurdle the defense has is the backdating and the call to QB. IMO, they have not done so, and that will be what sends the two timed felon to death row not a mock up of his truck. IMO.

The defense should spend more time on proving the alternative accounting system and that indeed the two timed felon was instructed by Joey to call and delete QB.....because Summer had a spending problem (cough cough).
IMO

The most concrete evidence to me is the defendant's own words. All of his interviews with LE and all of his phone calls with CJ. And his back dating checks and calling QB posing as JM. And his cellphone records and pings. That's evidence to me. I am that kind of juror. Concrete evidence. All of the other stuff can be refuted by either expert so I would ignore it.

Ran interference to the point Merrit blew up on him according to SB's testimony, with DK denying him any further money for jobs that had already been paid for. That's why IMO the comment by Merritt to LE that if he was going to murder anyone it would be DK.
Wow, that's some creative writing... Chase made that statement to DuGal during his first voluntary interview following the disappearance. jmo

It's not Merritt's truck according to Dr. Rudin.
But it is according to Liscio.
As I said, battle of the experts.
The difference here is that Dr. Rudin was the prosecutions witness until he wasn't because he excluded the truck. I am not blaming the prosecution for not calling him, I mean, what prosecutor would? LOL But Liscio was hired afterwards and what we heard today is just the beginning of what Rudin found "wrong" with his conclusion and how he got there. He doesn't even seem to be faulting Liscio 100% for this, he even said that the "holes may not be his holes", meaning to me, to be that the data he was given had the holes to begin with.

He changed his conclusion in the middle of his testimony. Why would they want too continue with him at that point?

Would the defense have continued with him as their defense expert if he suddenly told them he refigured his data and now he plans to say it is absolutely CM's truck? Would you expect them to put him on the stand for their case?

He didn't change his conclusion in the middle of his testimony? He discovered that a scan was not labelled correctly and then used that to do more calculations AFTER the 402 hearing, within a week he said. And actually in the 402 hearing he references the mislabelled scan as well, and he had sent a bunch of stuff to the prosecution and the defense the night before the 402 hearing that neither side had looked at yet. IMO the prosecution is LUCKY as heck that they didn't call him to the stand the next day, I believe it would have looked worse than him testifying for the defense now.

Wow, that's some creative writing... Chase made that statement to DuGal during his first voluntary interview following the disappearance. jmo
It's not creative writing it is a fact by JM's mother SB, that it frightened her so she left. My post was stating what SB witnessed in front of her by DK & CM and the argument they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member