Found Deceased IL - Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui, 19, nine months pregnant, Chicago, 24 Apr 2019 *Arrest*

Agreed. I didn't know it took three weeks. I thought it was days.

They knew immediately that the ghoul had not given birth. Why wouldn't there be an immediate call to police? And yes it's not 48 hours but it would be rather quick to figure out from social media (if they had easy access), who she was talking to and where Marlen was going when she disappeared.

I know cell phone records can take a while to obtain.

But the car? Found right down the street from where a baby was found? When did the hospital report this baby as being born under suspicious circumstances? Did they at all? Why didn't they immediately call police- that day- when they noted the monster had not given birth?

Yes, I can't get past how that car was never located. We Now find out it had multiple tickets on it in addition to be caught on a red light camera, and on top of this neighbors had seen the car and that the car had been moved a few times in the neighborhood.

Perhaps law enforcement will learn from this? When she was missing, the tag number and description for her car that was missing with her should have been plastered all over.

My thoughts as a nurse and former social worker about the hospital not calling DCFS is that this hospital needs to be made an example for mandated reporters that you HAVE to call no matter what you think or don't think happened or whether or not you think someone else already reported it.

I suspect that no one called because everyone assumed someone else already had, for example ER nurses and Dr. didn't report because they thought EMS already had called it in or because they thought NICU social worker would once baby was taken to NICU, then NICU staff didn't because they assumed EMS or ER staff had. It's a cycle I've seen before especially in a big busy facility.

Just like the toddler gets run over in the driveway because everyone assumes the other adult is watching him.

Or the baby gets left in the car because everyone assumes the other adult took him inside.

Or the baby falls into the pool because everyone assumes the other adult is watching him.

We have to quit assuming someone else is doing it and just make sure it gets done.

Just like the toddler gets run over in the driveway because everyone assumes the other adult is watching him.

Or the baby gets left in the car because everyone assumes the other adult took him inside.

Or the baby falls into the pool because everyone assumes the other adult is watching him.

We have to quit assuming someone else is doing it and just make sure it gets done.

Oh yes could not agree more! Better safe than sorry in any situation but especially ones that involve the safety of children.

Who Is Piotr Bobak? New Details On Clarisa Figeuroa's Boyfriend And His Role In Cutting Baby Out Of Pregnant Teen

May 20, 2019

"He committed a gruesome crime.

His girlfriend faked a pregnancy before murdering pregnant teen Clarisa Figueroa in cold blood. But he may have had something to do with the murder, too. Who is Piotr Bobak?

Some women will do anything for a baby — and some even go to extremes. Clarisa Figueroa was one such woman who would be willing to, literally, kill someone else to get a baby, as she currently stands accused of killing Marlen Ochoa and cutting her baby out of her stomach.

But what role does her longtime boyfriend, Piotr Bobak, play in all of this? Let’s look at what we know...."

Who Is Piotr Bobak? New Details On Clarisa Figeuroa's Boyfriend And His Role In Cutting Baby Out Of Pregnant Teen

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that it took so long for them to see the social media posts. There are ways to do searches on there and see people's posts in groups without being connected to either the person or the group. It's not that hard. I was recently looking up an old boyfriend. We don't have any mutual friends. I was able to find all the public comments that he made on public pages and in groups. If you type "photos" into the search bar you can also see where the people commented on public pictures, too.

Ha ha, and now I sound like a stalker.

What am I missing here?

The hospital did not report that this woman showed up at the hospital with a newborn that she didn't give birth to? It was clear she had not given birth to a baby and yet they say nothing?

This case is so horrible I just can't believe it.

Sigh....I am so disgusted by all of it.

What am I missing here?

The hospital did not report that this woman showed up at the hospital with a newborn that she didn't give birth to? It was clear she had not given birth to a baby and yet they say nothing?

This case is so horrible I just can't believe it.

Sigh....I am so disgusted by all of it.
IMO other parents who had children in NICU, while this monster was allowed access, also have lawsuits!

I'm glad that dad is able to hold his son and that baby feels the loving embrace of his dad. This picture makes me want to cry.
If the child is brain dead then he doesn't actually feel anything. Brain death is death. Families in these type of cases seem to think the brain dead person reacts, so that's not surprising the family thinks he reacts. But if he actually is brain dead, then he is already dead, he will never be able to even breathe on his own.

"The doctors say he doesn't feel anything," Ochoa said. "But when we touch him, he reacts. The baby is getting better. This is the gift Marlen left me. I'm going through something so bad, but my faith in God is keeping me going."
'He is a miracle of God.' Why Marlen Ochoa-Lopez's family is not giving up on her newborn son

New photo....disgusting. She had some kind of nerve

Photo shows woman, 46, leaning over baby she's accused of ripping from mom's womb at hospital | Daily Mail Online

A shocking photo shows a woman smiling and posing with a baby she allegedly ripped from the womb of his pregnant mother.

Clarisa Figueroa, 46, is seen in the photo leaning over Yavani Yadiel Lopez at the Advocate Christ Medical Center after the baby boy was cut from the womb of his mother Marlen Ochoa.
Just infuriating that she was allowed on the same hall as this baby once they determined she did not give birth to him.

Am I the only one concerned about the legitimacy of the latest campaign which has, at the time of this writing, raised close to $53K for the care of Baby Yavani and his brother? I'm not talking about the one set up by the disgusting murderer; there's a more recent one. I understand that English is a second language to many of Marlen's family members, but... shouldn't the names of baby and dad at least be spelled correctly??? And it says that it was 'created by' the boys' dad ~ on behalf of someone else (but dad's name misspelled in that section). How does one go about verifying to whom the proceeds of a are directed? Is there a means to alert if a campaign is suspect? If some sick monster is profiting from this horrific tragedy, some good ol' fashioned vigilante justice may be in order, imo.

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that it took so long for them to see the social media posts. There are ways to do searches on there and see people's posts in groups without being connected to either the person or the group. It's not that hard. I was recently looking up an old boyfriend. We don't have any mutual friends. I was able to find all the public comments that he made on public pages and in groups. If you type "photos" into the search bar you can also see where the people commented on public pictures, too.

Ha ha, and now I sound like a stalker.
Here is the article about police work in this case.
"Though officials stand by how they conducted the case, points of concern raised by Ochoa-Lopez's loved ones -- from the initial police investigation to protocols at the hospital where her baby remains on life support -- reflect the way authorities sometimes treat crime victims who are undocumented or impoverished, said community leaders helping Ochoa-Lopez's family and immigrant rights activists, who also confirmed her immigration status."
Marlen Ochoa-Lopez's community felt snubbed by police. Then, they helped solve the undocumented, pregnant mom's killing - CNN

Police are lucky here the accused killers are not exactly brilliant criminal masterminds. They kept a body in their backyard for a month, with murder weapon included. I presume most criminals would have gotten rid of the body, making it a lot harder to prosecute. Without a body, accused killers could have claimed she gave birth and then run off. It's hard to prosecute murder without a body.

I don't know, either way, I hope he gets better. Having a child with severe multiple disabilities is definitely a game changer. People get so wrapped up in "saving" the baby, they don't have a realistic idea of what the potential outcomes there are...and it really is a toss up. In this case, who knows.

The people who did this should definitely get the death penalty.
Well, it has been reported the the child either has very little or no brain function. If he has no brain function then he is brain dead. Nowadays hospitals (unless it's New Jersey) don't keep brain dead patients attached to ventilators forever, and there is no hope of any recovery either. This family already said they don't want to "pull the plug." So he will be likely just attached to a ventilator, but I am not sure how long a hospital would be willing to do it. Brain death is considered legal death in most states.

@jjenny It is too bad that it is such an emotional situation. I have spoken with many parents in the same situation, years later, and they wish someone had helped them understand the reality of having a child with severe multiple disabilities. Many of them have admitted that they would have let their child's life be up to God, rather than a machine and medical staff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back