GUILTY MA - Chloe Ricard, 13, suspicious death, Lawrence, 20 May 2019

PastTense

Reaction score
Authorities are investigating the death of a 13-year-old Amesbury girl in Lawrence, according to Essex County District Attorney Jonathan W. Blodgett's office.

The girl, later identified by a family member as Chloe Ricard, was dropped off at the emergency room at Lawrence General Hospital on Monday at around 4:47 p.m., officials said. She was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.

"From what one of the police officers said at the hospital, she was brought in and dumped at the hospital. They said she was lifeless. No pulse, no nothing, they just drove in and dropped her off," the girl's stepfather, Brian Dolan, told Boston 25 News. "She didn't even have a pulse when they pushed her out of the car."

The circumstances surrounding her death are unknown and under investigation.

"How could someone do this to a 13-year-old?" Dolan said as he began to cry.
Officials investigating death of 13-year-old girl in Lawrence
8c43e9e9-3e7d-4c5f-9846-41c9bc83da42-medium16x9_Chole.jpg

What a sad, and peculiar thing! Wonder if they know who dropped her off, or if they have a description of him and vehicle?

The article quotes her stepfather: Officials investigating death of 13-year-old girl in Lawrence

"How could someone do this to a 13-year-old?" Dolan said as he began to cry. "From what -- you know I'm not speculating anything...her Dad passed away a few years ago, she never got over it. Kids today they think they're invincible. You say, 'Don't smoke.' They're going to do it. 'Don't drink.' They're going to do it."

And that peculiar statement at a moment of utter tragedy makes me want to learn more.

Sounds like they know who dropped her off.

“Her loved ones are demanding answers from a man who authorities said left her dead at Lawrence General Hospital on Monday just before 5 p.m. and fled the scene.

“I’m angry,” Chloe’s mother told NBC 10 Boston. “I just want to shake somebody. Why?”

Ricard’s family said Chloe ran away from home Sunday night, but friends told them she was OK.”

Grieving Massachusetts family identifies 13-year-old girl dropped off at hospital

What a sad, and peculiar thing! Wonder if they know who dropped her off, or if they have a description of him and vehicle?

The article quotes her stepfather: Officials investigating death of 13-year-old girl in Lawrence

"How could someone do this to a 13-year-old?" Dolan said as he began to cry. "From what -- you know I'm not speculating anything...her Dad passed away a few years ago, she never got over it. Kids today they think they're invincible. You say, 'Don't smoke.' They're going to do it. 'Don't drink.' They're going to do it."

And that peculiar statement at a moment of utter tragedy makes me want to learn more.

I’ve seen a few strange statements from the family. Maybe they suspect it was drugs?

He’s 47 years old and they know him????
Why did she end up in an alternative school at age 13?
What the devil was going on that she ran away to begin with?

Her father died a few years ago and she has been having anger issues, choosing bad friends, etc.
Her dad died 6 years ago so not as recent as the step dad makes it sound. Granted she was hurting I get that. Her needs were not being met. I wish she could have gotten everything she needed. This is such a horrible outcome. Poor kid.

I'm afraid that from the description of Chloe being 'dumped' at the hospital in that way, I would suspect drugs. It would explain why the person left her at the hospital and ran....they didn't intend for her to die but they didn't want to be arrested.

JMO

Poor Chloe, and her poor family and friends :(

What a sad, sad, sad story. I agree it sounds like heroin, possibly fentanyl. What a loss. :(.
Holy crap I hope that wasn’t the case. There’s absolutely zero reasons for a child who is under the age of consent for anything, to be exposed to any illicit drugs. Someone was hurting her in my opinion. She was acting out for a reason. She lost her Dad, she was vulnerable, she was crying out for help. Poor baby. She should have been doing young teen things, hanging out with friends, going to the movies, crafts, hiking, etc. Now she’ll never get the chance.

An article from the Boston Globe:
Family identifies girl, 13, pronounced dead at Lawrence hospital

Some excerpts:
"Chloe did not come home Sunday night, and Goldsmith-Dolan said when she reached out to her daughter’s friends on Monday morning, she was told Chloe was safe with a friend in Haverhill.

At some point during the day, Goldsmith-Dolan said, a state worker from the Department of Children and Families contacted her, saying “there was some red flags” and that Chloe was possibly planning to move out of state.

Goldsmith-Dolan went to the police station to report her daughter missing about 4 p.m. Monday. She was there, she said, when a friend of Chloe’s texted her, saying Chloe had been taken to the hospital in Lawrence."

"Fighting back tears in his kitchen on Tuesday, Dolan, 52, recalled seeing his stepdaughter in the hospital. “I walked in and saw her sideways with tubes coming out of her. . . . I looked at her and said ‘It’s true, it’s her,’ ” he said."

So she must not have been dead when she got to the hospital--otherwise why would there be tubes. And how would Department of Children and Families know she was thinking of moving out of state?

Finally:
“The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner is performing an autopsy today, however we anticipate it will take some time before there is a ruling on the cause and manner of death,” Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett’s office said in a statement. “This is an active and fluid investigation. There have been no arrests.”

Last edited:

I was a bit taken aback by the dyed hair comment, but we say weird things when we are in shock.
I’m a grinner. I grin when in shock, and it looks very inappropriate. So who knows. I pray to God whoever did this to this child pays for it.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It's
What a sad, sad, sad story. I agree it sounds like heroin, possibly fentanyl. What a loss. :(.[/QU

It could literally be any of the hard drugs - but speculating it's heroin or fentanyl really just leads to more of that kind of 'Opiate Hysteria'. We really just need to wait to see what the Coroner's report says.

From the Boston Globe article:
"Born in Vermont, Chloe moved to Northborough as a baby and lived there until she was 11, according to her family. After they moved to Amesbury, she started to hang out with the wrong crowd, according to her mother." Family identifies girl, 13, pronounced dead at Lawrence hospital

Her father died 6 years ago, then about 2 years ago they moved from where she was raised to Amesbury. I wonder if that is when her mother remarried?

Blame it on her friends, blame it on her father's death... (I'll stop myself there.)

Poor thing was just a child. A 13 year old doesn't look beautiful when they dye their hair and put on make-up. They look like a big red flag saying someone please help me, please love me....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back