Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
They haven't told us the physical description they had put out is to be dismissed, but they did tell us the 1st sketch of BG is to be ignored, which included physical description. So, are we to assume the height, weight, eyes, hair color are to remain? I'm not sure.
According to this, the physical description remains the same. It’s the sketch that has changed, which obviously only shows his face.

Police continue to look for a white male between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10, weighing 180 to 200 pounds, with reddish brown hair.

Delphi murders: Is Abby and Libby’s killer one of Delphi’s own? ISP says, yes

Many threads back, this interview was posted. At 11:10, When Carter is asked if there were any witnesses that saw BG, he responds with “No, there were not”. When exactly did this sketch witness come forward?
Families of murdered Indiana teens open up about still-unsolved case

Dear @steeltowngirl,

Thanks for the link to the video. I just watched it.

The video took place around 11 months after the murders and the OBG sketch was presented in July of 2017 (5 months after the murders but 6 months before this video was made!)

I don't understand how he could say "No, there were not". This is mind-boggling!

Last edited:
No, LE have never stated anybody saw this person on the trail. But at one time they did say everyone on the trail had came forward except the suspect.

IIRC nobody has ever said they saw Abby or Libby after they were dropped off either.
Thanks for replying MistyWaters. Yeah I’ve been wondering if any of the witnesses saw ANY man out there dressed like photograph BG. It’s odd that nobody saw a man dressed like him. Somehow he got to the bridge without anyone seeing him. This whole thing is so bizarre. MOO

Thanks for replying MistyWaters. Yeah I’ve been wondering if any of the witnesses saw ANY man out there dressed like photograph BG. It’s odd that nobody saw a man dressed like him. Somehow he got to the bridge without anyone seeing him. This whole thing is so bizarre. MOO
I think the most bizarre thing is that we have a damn video of this guy, his voice caught on tape, and not a single person has identified him correctly.

They think he’s from the area, or has connections to that area.

This sounds reasonable to me, as he demonstrated familiarity with the location, and this isn’t exactly the type of place you just stumble upon.

So what the hell gives?!

I can only tell that he’s not skinny, but not much more than that. Baggy clothes can make someone look heavier, but not that dramatically.

Ignoring the image, law enforcement is looking for a man that would be borderline overweight, with the physical description they have put out:

► THE SUSPECT: Police continue to look for a white male between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10, weighing 180 to 200 pounds, with reddish brown hair

This “runner theory,” appears to be an effort to make the image fit a particular person.

If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work.

And it doesn’t.

Dear @MassGuy,

When I study the image of him (taken on Libby's phone), most of his physique is obscured. Even his hands are shoved in the pockets so we can't tell the size.

I wish there was even a glimpse of his neck but it's totally covered by material around it. I can't see whether he has a thick neck or a double chin. Or a thin neck. He's hunkered down into his coat as well so that doesn't help.

It does appear as though he has thin legs but that could also be the shadows from the trees.

I'm flummoxed!

ETA: I'm not so flummoxed now that I've read the posts from @MassGuy, posts #1101 and #1108 on this page.

Last edited:
BBM
I'm stuck too. Does this mean that LE knows more about the movement of BG that day? I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where LE would know about BG's movements that day and not know who BG is. Does this mean they know his identity? Any ideas?

Maybe some tips came in after the new (old) sketch was released and the suspect was seen around town or outside of town in a short time frame (but the tipsters could not identify him).

Or, perhaps the car is indeed linked to the suspect and a review of saved camera footage shows the (unknown to us) type of car going by a place or places a short time after the murders.

Just a couple of possibilities.

Dear @MassGuy,

When I study the image of him (taken on Libby's phone), most of his physique is obscured. Even his hands are shoved in the pockets so we can't tell the size.

I wish there was even a glimpse of his neck but it's totally covered by material around it. I can't see whether he has a thick neck or a double chin. Or a thin neck. He's hunkered down into his coat as well so that doesn't help.

It does appear as though he has thin legs but that could also be the shadows from the trees.

I'm flummoxed!
We all see different things there. God knows people see a lot of things that I don’t see.

The solution is to look solely at the physical description though (his height and weight ratios).

Even going with the taller height and the lower weight, you’re talking about a guy who doesn’t fit the definition of “skinny.”

And that’s being generous with muscle mass too.

But investigators also said this in August, 2017, which is why it could be referred to as a composite:

"Sgt. Holeman tells us several people have come forward and said they saw the killer walking on the trails the day Abby and Libby were killed. Those people helped develop a composite sketch that was released last month [July 2017]."

Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence
How can they have multiple witnesses but none of them know what he was wearing. Odd. MOO I wonder if they all saw him at different times/places....

I think the most bizarre thing is that we have a damn video of this guy, his voice caught on tape, and not a single person has identified him correctly.

They think he’s from the area, or has connections to that area.

This sounds reasonable to me, as he demonstrated familiarity with the location, and this isn’t exactly the type of place you just stumble upon.

So what the hell gives?!
It’s totally bizarre. I don’t get it. It would seem that a witness would notice his clothes more than facial features. MOO

According to this, the physical description remains the same. It’s the sketch that has changed, which obviously only shows his face.

Police continue to look for a white male between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10, weighing 180 to 200 pounds, with reddish brown hair.

Delphi murders: Is Abby and Libby’s killer one of Delphi’s own? ISP says, yes

Thanks for your post! Now I understand the height/weight ratio you referred to in another post. 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10, weighing 180 to 200 pounds

He is definitely not "average" weight - he'd be considered overweight for that height.

I am not good at all at guessing the weight of a person.

Greatly appreciate your posts MassGuy!

https://bespokeunit.com/style/body-type/average/

"The average North American man is about 5’6″-5’10” and is neither skinny nor heavyset. He’s reasonably symmetrical, may have some natural muscle definition or look a bit on the softer side, and likely weighs around 130-160 pounds."

I agree. Activity in the cemetery seems to be hit and miss. I've actually only seen people in it once. The CPS building, however, is open and can be seen from several other vantage points.
Just a thought: Libby's phone was pinging "around town" acc. to L's grandfather. I wonder, whether it pinged especially around the vacant CPS building for some time?
It would have been brazen, to park for some hours at the building AND take the girl/s into the building. But who knows, as long as we don't know exactly, if A/L were "abducted" or not (and brought back to RL's property by night).

Also I don't think parking is allowed in cemetaries except for visiting. Since they are monitered by LE I doubt the killer would have parked there. Imo
At the beginning (2017) it was told, in the past there had been a lot of activity around the cemetery, for example by meth users/cookers, some of this business. If it is true, I think, the presence of LE wasn't that much and often. IMO

I am so tired - I have to get some sleep but this has been such an interesting and informative thread tonight! I learned so much and let's hope one of these days will be the day!

Thank you all for being such a great group to discuss everything with.

Just had a flash of ‘brilliant thought’ about BG’s hair.

What if he has long hair and he combed it up into a ponytail on top of his head. After he secured it with a squishee he combed the ‘tail’ down. This would account for the donut-shaped image on top of his head plus what seems to be an unusually high head.

Bluntgirl
Agreed!

First time, long time.
MOO Didn't the first description of BG include eye color as 'not blue?'

And in MOO, that witness, the one person that gave info to the FBI sketch artist that resulted in the first released sketch, is BG.

Interesting theory!! Although if they suspect that original witness who helped create first BG sketch was indeed BG, why the public plea for help identifying him? Wouldn’t they just question that original witness again or the other witnesses? What information could the public add now?

Surely they have the names of all the people present in the area on the day of the crime, except BG, so why not just go to them and ask for information, show the new sketch?

It’s rather baffling

We all see different things there. God knows people see a lot of things that I don’t see.

The solution is to look solely at the physical description though (his height and weight ratios).

Even going with the taller height and the lower weight, you’re talking about a guy who doesn’t fit the definition of “skinny.”

And that’s being generous with muscle mass too.

I agree with your comments but have refrained from commenting earlier as quite a few people think his legs are. Obviously this is a subjective thing, but the weight and height ratios indicate the opposite.

If the police now know that the witness, who gave info for the nr 1 sketch, was intentionally misleading police, then I would assume that they are now investigating that witness in order to see if they can find a relative, friend or loved one of that witness that match the new nr 2 sketch.

But this is all speculation, right? I’m not aware of any shred of evidence that’d point to the source of Old-guy sketch deliberately misleading the police.

I'm curious what others think about this.

BG had to of seen that Libby and Abby were together. So in his mind, as he was walking across that bridge or beforehand, his decision to act included that fact. He acted in broad daylight and on a public trail with the odds of two against one. Even if he had a gun or knife he still had two to his one.

My question is what sort of person does that? Is he just so bold, confident and so enamored with himself or is he on the other side of the spectrum, throws caution to the wind because he's self-loathing, spontaneously just acts on his feelings and if I get caught so what type of killer?

From reading around, double murders seem to happen in a home by someone known to the victims or if outside, like Son of Sam, at night. I'm finding it hard to find another instance of a double murder outside in a public area in broad daylight. Spree killers like to use separate locations and not much time in between, serial killers have some cooling off period between victims. Other than murderous couples who kill two people at once, I don't see this type of double murder being written about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk