05/08/2019 Stipulation / Agreement Index # 20
Stipulation to Continue
05/08/2019 Proposed Order Index # 21
Order Granting Stipulation to Continue [Gabrielle J. Goter]
05/08/2019 Service Document Index # 22
Certificate of Service on Rob Quick
05/09/2019 Order Index # 23
Granting Continuance - with date
05/13/2019 CANCELED Preliminary Hearing and/or Arraignment (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Hagerty, Gail)
Other
08/12/2019 Preliminary Hearing and/or Arraignment (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Hagerty, Gail)
05/14/2019 Continued to 08/12/2019 - Continuance - Stipulation and Order Filed - Isaak, Chad Trolon; State of North Dakota

I know. Hard to believe it won't be until August. Prosecution has so much evidence, defense needs a lot of time to research, IMO.

If it had happened in my area this thing wouldn't see trial on average for 3 years :( Glad to see the wheels of justice turning in this case. Wish I understood the whys of it all. What would motivate him?

I know. Hard to believe it won't be until August. Prosecution has so much evidence, defense needs a lot of time to research, IMO.

If it had happened in my area this thing wouldn't see trial on average for 3 years :( Glad to see the wheels of justice turning in this case. Wish I understood the whys of it all. What would motivate him?

I get the trials taking years and know it is typical but the length of time until a preliminary is what I do not get. Is or has this been changing? It is generally just for the prosecution to show enough cause and the defense to glean what they can from it.

I wish I understood all of the whys as well.

Chad Isaak's preliminary hearing in Mandan homicides moved to August

A court hearing for the man accused in four homicides in Mandan has been postponed until this summer.
[...]
He was set for a preliminary hearing Tuesday, where he would enter pleas to his charges. That hearing has been rescheduled to Aug. 12 before South Central District Presiding Judge Gail Hagerty at the Morton County Courthouse in Mandan.

Morton County prosecutor Gabrielle Goter said in a court document filed Wednesday the amount of evidence in the case is "extensive," requiring up to 90 days for review.

Court records show Isaak has retained four attorneys in the case.

ETA: Surprised the comment about extensive evidence requiring time to review came from the prosecutor, and not the defense. o_O

Chad Isaak's preliminary hearing in Mandan homicides moved to August

A court hearing for the man accused in four homicides in Mandan has been postponed until this summer.
[...]
He was set for a preliminary hearing Tuesday, where he would enter pleas to his charges. That hearing has been rescheduled to Aug. 12 before South Central District Presiding Judge Gail Hagerty at the Morton County Courthouse in Mandan.

Morton County prosecutor Gabrielle Goter said in a court document filed Wednesday the amount of evidence in the case is "extensive," requiring up to 90 days for review.

Court records show Isaak has retained four attorneys in the case.

ETA: Surprised the comment about extensive evidence requiring time to review came from the prosecutor, and not the defense. o_O

Yeah that is weird, I imagine that it has to do with being able to supply the defense with all the discovery evidence in a timely manner.

But usually its the defense that complains about that, not the prosecution

poor reporting?

CI has now retained four attorneys:

Register of Actions
Case No. 30-2019-CR-00326

Attorneys
Defendant
Isaak, Chad Trolon
Male
DOB: 1974
[...]

Robert Nicholas Quick

Retained
701-258-7842 x0000(W)

Bruce D Quick
Retained
701-237-6983 x0000(W)

Luke Thomas Heck
Retained
701-356-6389 x0000(W)

Mark Allan Friese
Retained
701-237-6983 x0000(W)

http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=4208012

ETA: I believe Attorney Bruce Quick is Bob Quick's father.
Also appears that RQ has taken his website down....wouldn't be the first attorney taking flack for defending murderer of several locals. MOO

Last edited:
05/16/2019 Search Warrant Index # 24
RJR Maintenance / 1106 32nd Ave. SE Mandan ND (G. Hagerty 4/1/2019)

From register of actions - also appears the search warrant dated 4/1/29 was just made record with the court. I'd sure like to see this document....

CI has now retained four attorneys:

Register of Actions
Case No. 30-2019-CR-00326

Attorneys
Defendant
Isaak, Chad Trolon
Male
DOB: 1974
[...]

Robert Nicholas Quick

Retained
701-258-7842 x0000(W)

Bruce D Quick
Retained
701-237-6983 x0000(W)

Luke Thomas Heck
Retained
701-356-6389 x0000(W)

Mark Allan Friese
Retained
701-237-6983 x0000(W)

http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=4208012

ETA: I believe Attorney Bruce Quick is Bob Quick's father.
Also appears that RQ has taken his website down....wouldn't be the first attorney taking flack for defending murderer of several locals. MOO

Does anyone else find this odd that he retained 4 attorney's ? Considering I'm not aware of any considerable wealth he would have to pay these 4, I mean OJ had 3 or 4 but......

Does anyone else find this odd that he retained 4 attorney's ? Considering I'm not aware of any considerable wealth he would have to pay these 4, I mean OJ had 3 or 4 but......

I wouldn't be surprised if they were all from the same firm. They might have multiple attorneys from one firm representing him as a team.

"Mandan police have deployed sweeping search warrants while they continue to probe why four people were killed two months ago at a local business...

Mandan Police Deputy Chief Lori Flaten said Thursday that police still have no motive in the case. She said the police department's detective division continues to investigate, with the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation assisting as needed. "Maybe we'll never find a motive," said Flaten, who declined to comment on how lack of a motive might affect Isaak's prosecution...

Recently filed court documents in Isaak's case include police search warrants for Fakler's and the Cobbs' Facebook accounts, Isaak's personal and business bank records, as well as location data from Google for unspecified electronic devices...

Isaak is held at the Burleigh Morton Detention Center in Bismarck, pending $1 million cash bond. Burleigh County Maj. Steve Hall, assistant jail administrator, said Isaak has not been disruptive or caused issues in the jail... Isaak's preliminary hearing is set for August in Mandan, when he could enter pleas to his charges."

Motive eludes police as RJR homicide investigation probes Facebook accounts, bank records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member