GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

Precisely. It's incredible to me that anyone can suggest she was at fault for not going back to that man. That because she failed to do so, the poor man broke down.

He was abusive to her. So she's supposed to go back to her abuser. Sleep with him. Be threatened and attacked by him because he couldn't cope?

He hadn't been abusive to the kids, that we know of, until recently. So in the face of his money and legal counsel, and her infidelity - since South Carolina is a "fault" divorce state- she gave up.

She probably felt quite defeated and hopeless. But how anyone can hear her guttural wail of anguish- "My babies!" and think she is to be blamed for what ultimately was done to them?

I'm usually pretty quick to jump on Mom's. But it's clear that this woman was never supposed to have any resources outside her marriage. That's how her marriage was designed, to make her completely powerless. A more extreme and helpless version of Susan Cox and Andrea Yates.

It's not like he wanted her to come back because he loved her and wanted to make their family work. He wanted her to come back to keep the kids out of the way and the house clean. It's clear he shouldn't have had custody of the kids because of that attitude. I doubt he did much child care before he got custody so he was ill equipped. However, I can see why she felt it was a losing battle. She was likely hoping that by playing nice he'd play nice. I'm sure now she wishes that she'd brought out all his history and fought harder.

I don't know how she goes on either. I know she does have another daughter now and I'm sure that helps. I never would have gotten that far. I'd have absolutely killed myself, there's no doubt in my mind. Maybe she started out really psychologically healthy or something.

I am never able to understand how people who've lost one child peacefully manage to go on, much less all of them violently. My sister is giving birth to her first boy tomorrow after 5 girls, including #4 who was stillborn. I don't know how she does it. These ladies are stronger than I am but I wish they didn't have to be.

Logs show what Timothy Jones, Jr. searched for after killing children (with clip)

May 21st 2019

"...Records show Jones searched for “missing children, Tim Jones” on Sept. 4th, 2014, just days before his arrest at a traffic checkpoint in Mississippi....

The defense also had Phipps go through records from May of 2014, showing where Jones searched for information about mental health. Those searches were conducted three months before prosecutors say he killed his children.
Earlier in the day on Tuesday, two corrections officers also testified that they heard Jones confess in prison that he killed his children.

However, the defense argued their written record of that incident was different than what the testimony revealed on Tuesday."

Logs show what Timothy Jones, Jr. searched for after killing children

D7HfwDYWsAAG6nv.jpg

Okay. I'm just creeped out by these three things here that I believe all occurred on September 1, 2014.

I know the two song searches occurred within 90 minutes of each other on September 1, the scene watching was between August 28 and September 1 sometime.

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 1h1 hour ago
Other things that came up on the cell phone log: Jones watched the rape scene from American History X on YouTube, and he also looked up a series of herbal incense shops in Atlanta on Google.

-----------------------------------------

So this rape scene he watched is a male/male PRISON rape scene. Odd thing for a guy who just killed his kids to be looking up? I'd probably be more worried about mental health care or ways to commit suicide or something. Seems like consciousness of guilt and knowledge of where he's going.... he also looks up landfills and dumps and campgrounds and what dumps will accept...

This is an article/review about the movie but it is still graphic just to warn you.

CNN - Review: 'American History X' too black and white - October 30, 1998

Here are the lyrics to one song he looked up - "Long Arm Of The Law" by Styx though it's actually called:

"Renegade"

Oh, Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Law man has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home
Oh, Mama I can hear you a-cryin', you're so scared and all alone
Hangman is comin' down from the gallows and I don't have very long

The jig is up, the news is out
They've finally found me
The renegade who had it made
Retrieved for a bounty

Never more to go astray
This will be the end today
Of the wanted man

Oh, Mama, I've been years on the lam and had a high price on my head
Lawman said, 'Get him dead or alive.' Now it's for sure he'll see me dead
Dear Mama, I can hear you cryin', you're so scared and all alone

They've finally found me
Retrieved for a bounty

Never more to go astray
The judge will have revenge today
On the wanted man

Oh, Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law

They've finally found me
Retrieved for a bounty

Never more to go astray
This will be the end today
Of the wanted man

The wanted man
And I don't wanna go, oh, no
Oh, Mama, don't let them take me
No, no, no, I can't go
Hey, hey

And this one.... man this one is a heart breaker. :( He looked this one up the morning of September 1. So a few days after he strangled the life out of his 3 daughters.

Why? What was the purpose? I don't understand. Did he just read the lyrics? Did he listen to the whole song? Just once? More than once? Realize that his daughters would never do those things? Brutal.

"Butterfly Kisses"

There's two things I know for sure:
She was sent here from heaven and she's daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes
and I thank god for all of the joy in my life
Oh, but most of all

For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer;
sticking little white flowers all up in her hair;
"Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it's my first ride."
"I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried."
Oh, with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right
To deserve a hug every morning And butterfly kisses at night.

Sweet 16 today
She's looking like her mama a little more everyday
One part woman, the other part girl.
To perfume and make-up from ribbons and curls
Trying her wings out in a great big world.
But I remember.....

Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer;
sticking little white flowers all up in her hair.
"You know how much I love you, Daddy,
But if you don't mind I'm only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time."
Oh with all that I've done wrong I must have done something right
to deserve her love every morning and butterfly kisses at night.

All the precious time
Like the wind, the years go by.
Precious butterfly.
Spread your wings and fly.

She'll change her name today.
She'll make a promise and I'll give her away.
Standing in the bride-room just staring at her.
She asked me what I'm thinking and I said
"I'm not sure-I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl."
She leaned over

Gave me butterfly kisses with her mama there,
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair
"Walk me down the aisle, Daddy-it's just about time."
"Does my wedding gown look pretty, Daddy? Daddy, don't cry"
Oh, with all that I've done wrong I must have done something right.
To deserve her love every morning and butterfly kisses

I couldn't ask God for more, man this is what love is.
I know I gotta let her go, but I'll always remember
Every hug in the morning and butterfly kisses...

Old article (9/10/2014), says "why there was no Amber Alert issued" :eek:

Sheriff: S.C. man killed 5 children at same time

McCarty said this was not the first time the mother has had difficulty reaching her ex-husband, which was among the factors that led law enforcement to hold off on issuing an Amber Alert. State Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel also said that the children were believed to be with their primary guardian, Jones, which also was another reason why the alert wasn't sent.

Authorities said there had been a complaint to the Department of Social Services about Jones and his treatment of the children on Aug. 7. That same day, the Lexington Sheriff's Department and Department of Social Services both went to their residence and talked to Jones, the children and neighbors. At that point, they couldn't find anything to say they had been abused, but were set to revisit the home within 45 days.

Records describe a messy divorce in October 2013. His wife was having an affair with a neighbor, according to the divorce file. Jones was given primary custody, and a therapist called him "highly intelligent" and a "responsible father."

Jones was an Intel engineer and made more than $70,000 a year, and his wife didn't work outside the home or have a driver's license, according to the records.

Tension picks up in day six of Timothy Jones murder trial (with clip)

May 21, 2019

"LEXINGTON, S.C. (WOLO) — Growing tension between the prosecution and defense set the tone for Day Six of the Timothy Jones murder trial.

Just one day after emotional testimony from Timothy Jones’s ex-wife, Amber Kyzer, prosecutors brought in two correctional officers from Kirkland Correctional Institution to paint a picture of Jones’s first few hours in custody on September 12, 2014....

Phipps was still on the stand when Judge Griffith decided to adjourn court Tuesday.

The jury did not make its first appearance of the day until around 11:00 a.m. Tuesday. The first two witnesses were Cynthia Bobe and Vicky Roberts, who both work with the Jackson, Miss. field office of the FBI.

They talked about the exchange of Jones’s cell phone with Lexington County investigator Shelby Derrick in Atlanta a few days after Jones was arrested in Mississippi.

Testimony continues Wednesday morning at the Lexington County Courthouse."

Tension picks up in Day Six of Timothy Jones murder trial

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 3h3 hours ago
Back at the Lexington County Courthouse for Day Seven of the Timothy Jones Jr. murder trial. Last night, investigator Mike Phipps was on the stand answering questions about Jones's cell phone before court was adjourned.

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 3h3 hours ago
Timothy Jones Senior is in court today. His son, Timothy Jones Jr, turned around and waved to him and his wife. @wachfox

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 2h2 hours ago
Jury comes into the room, and Mike Phipps returns to the stand.

Something worth mentioning: Court will not be in session on Memorial Day

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 2h2 hours ago
Mike Phipps with @LCSD_News is back on the stand this morning. Yesterday jury heard Phipps go through #TimothyJones phone records @wachfox

Deputy solicitor Shawn Graham continues his line of questioning from yesterday, asking Phipps about phone searches he found from May 2014. Phone logs show Jones looked up things from "A Beautiful Mind" and searches related to schizophrenics and how they act and talk.

Phipps is reading off some more searches, showing Jones looked up items “being betrayed by my children” and a series of forums about infidelity.

D7LKB5wXsAAupai.jpg

Phipps says he never found evidence that Jones looked up anything about children trying to harm their father.

A few days before the murders, Phipps says Jones looked up on YouTube "child killed by electrical outlet."

After Graham wraps up his questions, lead defense attorney Boyd Young walks up to the stand to ask some follow up questions.

Right after Phipps steps down from the stand, Solicitor Rick Hubbard says the State RESTS their case.

Caroline Hecker‏Verified account @CHecker_WIS 2h2 hours ago
After just 30 minutes of testimony, the state rests. We could be done for the day--we will know once the jury returns from a break. @wis10

The state called a total of 32 witnesses to the stand over the course of four days, plus 30 minutes today. Now, it's the defense's turn to fight for Jones' life. @wis10

The state rests just over a week after opening statements began last Tuesday. The prosecution had a list of 150 possible witnesses, only called up 32. Among them: Jones's ex-wife, law enforcement from the FBI, Smith County (Miss.), Kirkland Correctional, and Lexington County.

After a brief jury break, the Defense calls its first witness to the stand.

The defense plays a pre-recorded witness testimony from Dr. Travis Snyder, a neuroradiologist.

We are now watching prerecorded testimony of Travis Snyder, a neuro-radiologist, the first expert called by the defense. @wis10

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 2h2 hours ago
Dr. Travis Snyder is the first witness for the defense. His video testimony is playing right now. Synder is a Neuroradiologist. @wachfox #TimothyJonesTrial #TimothyJones

D7LUBptXYAIYvSj.jpg

After talking about his qualifications, Dr. Snyder begins talking about how he got a hold of Jones's MRI results. He says the most striking finding from the MRI is that Jones had a "large, depressed skull fracture" near his frontal lobe.

Caroline Hecker‏Verified account @CHecker_WIS 1h1 hour ago
Neuro-radiologist testifies an MRI of Tim Jones’ brain from April of 2018 shows a depressed skull fracture on the left side of his head. ⁦@wis10

D7LXvlSXoAA-vdy.jpg

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 1h1 hour ago
Dr. Synder says #TimothyJones has a depressed skull (first picture. Top right) @wachfox #TimothyJonesTrial

D7LXnsQXkAAK7z1.jpg

In addition to his left-side skull fracture, Snyder says one image of Jones's brain shows a series of hemorrhages. Says these findings are "very unusual".

I'm usually pretty quick to jump on Mom's. But it's clear that this woman was never supposed to have any resources outside her marriage. That's how her marriage was designed, to make her completely powerless. A more extreme and helpless version of Susan Cox and Andrea Yates.

It's not like he wanted her to come back because he loved her and wanted to make their family work. He wanted her to come back to keep the kids out of the way and the house clean. It's clear he shouldn't have had custody of the kids because of that attitude. I doubt he did much child care before he got custody so he was ill equipped. However, I can see why she felt it was a losing battle. She was likely hoping that by playing nice he'd play nice. I'm sure now she wishes that she'd brought out all his history and fought harder.

I don't know how she goes on either. I know she does have another daughter now and I'm sure that helps. I never would have gotten that far. I'd have absolutely killed myself, there's no doubt in my mind. Maybe she started out really psychologically healthy or something.

I am never able to understand how people who've lost one child peacefully manage to go on, much less all of them violently. My sister is giving birth to her first boy tomorrow after 5 girls, including #4 who was stillborn. I don't know how she does it. These ladies are stronger than I am but I wish they didn't have to be.

I'm with you. Those who know me on here know I don't defend mothers just because they're mothers. Or women just because they're women.

But Amanda Jones was controlled during her marriage by her husband, and by him (through thekids) and by the system after, due to a double standard of female sexuality, misogyny and classism.

Regardless, had she gone back to "help him" (because apparently some feel men need help caring for their kids in order to not murder them), she would've likely been killed too.

It wouldn't have saved her kids. The guy was a sick creep before the divorce and remained so after.

Last edited:
When looking at Jones's hippocampus on the MRI imaging, Dr. Snyder says these findings are consistent with someone who suffered from head trauma.

Dr. Snyder says the hippocampus is one of the first and most sensitive areas of the brain to show damage after head trauma.

A lot of doctor jargon here, but it’s a summary of Dr. Snyder’s findings based on his review of Jones’ brain MRI. Testifies it is consistent with a serious traumatic brain injury. ⁦@wis10

D7LcDP5W0AE-vMH.jpg

Dr. Snyder testifies it is very hard to diagnosis schizophrenia from an MRI, but there is a positive correlation between the disease and some of the conditions found in Jones' brain on the scan. @wis10

Dr. Snyder says it's difficult to determine if someone has schizophrenia purely from an MRI, but he does say there is a correlation.

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 1h1 hour ago
Dr. Syner shows this summary slide “these findings have been described in schizophrenia...” #TimothyJones #TimothyJonesTrial @wachfox

D7Lb5SHXsAAAozS.jpg

Dr. Snyder says the side effects of a severe frontal lobe injury are "hard to predict" since they can take many different forms in patients.

Caroline Hecker‏Verified account @CHecker_WIS 32m32 minutes ago
Dr. Synder testifies he does not believe a traumatic brain injury can cause schizophrenia, although he did find a correlation between some of Jones' MRI imaging and scans of patients with schizophrenia. His testimony is over. @wis10

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 39m39 minutes ago
Dr. Snyder's video testimony wraps up by saying it's hard to directly diagnose someone with schizophrenia purely based on an MRI. Judge Griffith calls for a break.

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 10m10 minutes ago
Here's what has happened to far today during the #TimothyJonesTrial @wachfox #TimothyJones

Prosecution rests its case; 1st Defense witness says Jones' has depressed skull

May 22nd 2019

"Lexington, SC (WACH) — After emotional and sometimes graphic testimony from witnesses for the prosecution, Solicitor Rick Hubbard tells the judge “at this time the state rests” in the murder trial of Timothy Jones.

The state had more than 150 people on the witness list, they only called 32...

After the state rested, Dr. Travis Snyder, a Neuroradiologist, was the first witness for the defense. His video testimony, which was recorded last week, played in court this morning. Dr. Snider showed a slide showing what he referred to as Jones having a "depressed skull"....

The doctor thinks the injury could have happened from a car accident Jones was in when he was 15 that the defense has presented to the court. According to Snyder, Jones is at a high risk for dementia....

This morning the defense renewed all motions, including for a mistrial and a change of venue, but the judge respectfully denied all the motions...."

https://wach.com/news/local/prosecution-rests-its-case-in-the-jones-murder-trial-defense-begins

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

She desperately wanted to care for her kids. Her ex and the state would not let her <modsnip>

Infidelity is not murder. A person should not be forced to remain in an abusive marriage in order to have the privilege of caring for their children. And a spouse with more money should not be allowed to put litigate the spouse with none.

<modsnip>.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are going to allow an insanity finding based on this then are they also going to require MRIs when determining who gets custody?

Aha!! Then they sure standardly should! You should be doing that cross, Gitana!!! Although you'd likely be objectioned into the ground, going there. But it's golden in my book.

I don't know why she never got one. It was in an old 2014 article I referenced in my post #446 here

Jones was an Intel engineer and made more than $70,000 a year, and his wife didn't work outside the home or have a driver's license, according to the records.
Found Deceased - SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

I am thinking it's the culture of their church maybe as well? Was it the sort of "women only allowed at home in the kitchen bare-foot and pregnant" kind of backward thinking church?

Insanity case begins for man accused of killing his five children in South Carolina

In videotaped testimony replayed Wednesday, Dr. Travis Snyder showed MRI images and other photos of Jones’ brain taken in April 2018, four years after the slayings. The images showed what appeared to be an indentation in Jones’ skull that his lawyers have said was caused by a car crash Jones was in as a teenager. Snyder then showed other images of the brain that showed places where there had been bleeding and other damage.

“Given his injuries, it’s possible the electrical functions of his brain were not working properly,” Snyder said.

The doctor added that the damage he saw was similar to that seen in brains of people diagnosed with schizophrenia. Defence attorneys have said Jones had the disorder, but it had never been diagnosed, and that his mother has been in a mental institution for 20 years.

Snyder also testified that people with damaged brains can still graduate from college or regulate their emotions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back